Has anyone had any problems with phantom phone calls? Or maybe it's prank?

Here is what happened to my wife and I.

My wife and I were watching TV and my cell phone rings. My caller ID said it was my wife's cell phone calling. umm? My wife was next to me watching TV she couldn't have possible called me, and her cell phone was across the room. I looked at my wife and ran over to her phone and verified that it was not calling me. I answered my phone and no one was on the other line. OK... this must be some kind of fluke with Verizon? Three minutes later my wife's cell phone rings and it shows that my cell phone is calling her? Double ummm I looked at my phone and it's not my phone calling my wife's phone. I told my wife not to answer it. No voice message was left.

I have a BB Storm and my wife has the BB Curve. Both on the Verizon plan. I checked the call logs on both phones and they logged the incoming call, but nothing shows up for outgoing calls. Last calls made on each phone were to different people and not to each other.

I guess this could be some type of prank, but I'm not sure how this could be done. Anyone run into this or have any info?

Thanks
    11-04-09 11:01 PM
    There's an app that can bluff caller id. Someones pranking you.

Kids?
    11-04-09 11:10 PM
    Somebody may have been pranking you with call spoofing.

I buy 200 minute blocks of spoofing service from a company called Itellas Communications.

Sorry, I can't post a link yet.

There are serious as well as silly uses for caller ID spoofing.
    Last edited by Ron_Miami; 11-04-09 at 11:17 PM.
    11-04-09 11:14 PM
    There's a free one out there. I think it's call "Bluff my calls"
    11-04-09 11:17 PM
    Lol you're definately being pranked~

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-04-09 11:29 PM
    Thanks for the info. Makes me feel better that it's probably a prank. Now I just need to catch the prankster!
    11-05-09 01:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD