I have a huge amount of traffic on my BB, avaraging 1 message every 5 min. Some times when the traffic are low, i see a phantom LED blinking but by the time I check the phone, nothing
    Anyone else has the same proble, ??
    07-18-12 07:19 AM
    Google Phantom vibrations and BlackBerry, this type of thing is a common phenomena. Its quite entertaining when you have been going through it for years haha.
    07-18-12 07:21 AM
    I get this too, I thought I was going mad and decided to accept my fate silently lol
    berryromancewriter likes this.
    07-18-12 07:24 AM
    Thanks for the validation on this. I get this all the time and sometimes a message comes in and I see my BB blinking before it actually IS blinking, but lots of times out of the corner of my eye while sitting at my desk working I see that LED flash, so I stop and pick up my phone and there is nothing there.

I get phantom vibrations too. Feel and hear those all the time.

Glad it's not a tumor.
    imz likes this.
    07-18-12 07:32 AM
    I have received the phantom LED blinks too, but once I installed the Advance OS and LED, I love being able to turn of the LED if I know nothing is there.

Phantom vibrations on the other hand I have never had since the BB vibrate is so dang long and hard.
    07-18-12 08:09 AM
    Ah yes...the ghost vibrate and LED. But it only happens when you are bored and just sitting there doing nothing........................................... ..freaky stuff
    07-18-12 08:24 AM
    I used to get it all the time.
    07-18-12 10:31 AM
    This has happened to me before as well. Glad to know that I'm not the only one.
    07-18-12 01:02 PM
    It's REALLY bad when sometimes I think I even hear my alerts going off! Also, there's this one part in a song I have on a playlist that I SWEAR I can hear notifier lightspeed very faintly at one part, like someone forgot to silence their phone in the studio during the recording! I'm not even currently using a BB, but every time I hear that my hand instinctively goes to my pocket!
    ajst222 likes this.
    07-18-12 01:10 PM
    5 years and 7 BlackBerrys in and I still find the whole phantom vibration / LED thing to be complete and utter nonsense.
    07-18-12 01:11 PM
    Pantlesspenguin, the notifier lightspeed is the one that gets me ALL the time! I swear I'm hearing it when I'm not!
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    07-18-12 01:12 PM
    It's REALLY bad when sometimes I think I even hear my alerts going off! Also, there's this one part in a song I have on a playlist that I SWEAR I can hear notifier lightspeed very faintly at one part, like someone forgot to silence their phone in the studio during the recording! I'm not even currently using a BB, but every time I hear that my hand instinctively goes to my pocket!
    I think I find that funnier than it actually is lol
    07-18-12 01:30 PM
    5 years and 7 BlackBerrys in and I still find the whole phantom vibration / LED thing to be complete and utter nonsense.
    I have had as many, but not as many years, and I have experienced it. I would imagine that not everyone does but there are so many of us that have.
    07-18-12 02:31 PM
    After so many years of using BB's, I still don't know why I've never experienced phantom LED's and vibrations. Feel so left out...
    07-19-12 05:39 AM
    The phantom vibration may actually be real. On very few occasions I actually experienced a Bold rattling up and down on a desk - but no LED and no message. I put it down as a software glitch activating the vibrate.
    07-19-12 06:32 AM
    First I've heard let alone experienced it.

Sounds entertaining though.
    07-19-12 06:42 AM
    See, mine can USUALLY be chalked up to understandable circumstances. A phantom vibration could be chalked up to my phone being in my pocket while in the car and I run over a rough piece of road. A phantom LED could be chalked up to a brief glare on my phone.
    07-19-12 06:52 AM
    I've seen this occassionally out of the corner of my eye, but I just put it down to light reflecting/catching the LED area giving the illusion of the LED flash - which in reality looks nothing like the real LED flash at all.

Still caught me a out a couple of times though -

J
    07-19-12 06:52 AM
    First I've heard let alone experienced it.

Sounds entertaining though.
    Like h3ll it is My first thought would be OH LAWD!! I'm having a stroke!
    07-19-12 07:44 AM
    Like h3ll it is My first thought would be OH LAWD!! I'm having a stroke!
    hehe!
    07-19-12 07:55 AM
    Had a vibrate once. Same with my iphone. Was a third party application update. Apart from that no not really

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    07-19-12 07:58 AM
    If it was from an event (like an app update), it does not count... phantom means it happens for no reason whatsoever...
    07-19-12 09:24 AM

No words for you folks. Get therapy People!!! And don't miss your meds.
    07-19-12 09:54 AM
    I have had both. A lot of the time the "phantom" LED is really just the sun or a shadow reflecting off the gloss of the screen and making a bringht light in the corner of your eye - much like when you're sitting in a sunny room and the sun reflects of your watch super bright.

Also I've come to realize that a lot of devices have red LEDs on them - cell chargers, power strips, radios, etc. So often I'll see another LED blinking out of the corner of my eye and assume its my blackberry.
    07-19-12 02:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD