What do you guys think of these phones being called phablets? I personally have never used one but i think think they look cool. I like the idea of sort of a tablet hybrid that can be used as a smartphone. Obviously you have the galaxy note and lg coming out with the optimus vu and i heard hp was coming out with their own "phablet" as well. If there were to be a bb10 phablet would you buy it?
    07-30-12 10:26 PM
    I don't buy into phads.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    07-30-12 10:38 PM
    I'm not going to hold a phablet up to my head to talk to someone out in public (and would probably feel just as foolish at home doing it)

So uhmmmmm, that's a no for me. If you can rock it though, give er!!
    07-30-12 10:53 PM
    I love the idea I just don't like what is out there right now.
    07-30-12 11:04 PM
    I want a product that gives me what I want. And that is a low end smart phone. As much as I would like a BB10, I doubt I'll be an early adopter. I'll be waiting for lower cost models to appear.
    07-30-12 11:06 PM
    Have a gnote and love it.

Not for everyone though. If your the type who is insecure and self conscious about what others think of you, definitely not.

Perfect device for me though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2
    07-30-12 11:13 PM
    I'm not going to hold a phablet up to my head to talk to someone out in public (and would probably feel just as foolish at home doing it)

So uhmmmmm, that's a no for me. If you can rock it though, give er!!
    If I like it then i dont care what others think about it however were different people.
    07-31-12 12:09 AM
    Have a gnote and love it.

Not for everyone though. If your the type who is insecure and self conscious about what others think of you, definitely not.

Perfect device for me though.

I really wish the note would come to Verizon..however i know that wont happen. Hopefully the optimus vu by lg will be similar. I couldn't care less if others didn't like it. Do you like using the stylus?
    07-31-12 12:11 AM
    I want a product that gives me what I want. And that is a low end smart phone. As much as I would like a BB10, I doubt I'll be an early adopter. I'll be waiting for lower cost models to appear.
    Understandable. I guess this was more about phablets in general rather than bb10 cause i highly doubt bb10 will come out with one..
    07-31-12 12:12 AM
    I love the idea I just don't like what is out there right now.
    What don't you like about whats out there?
    07-31-12 12:13 AM
    Phone + Tablet= Phablet.........how about Tabone........
    Roo Zilla likes this.
    07-31-12 12:53 AM
    I have played with "the Note" and I like it. It has definite good qualities and bad ones. The size could be a plus for some situations and a minus for others. What will you use it for and where? Those seem to be the questions to ask yourself. I work in the construction field not as an office person but an actual worker and the phone would be broken before the week was out. Not practical at all for me. It seems like if these tablets have Skype you have call capability- so phablets are not all that unique or phabulous.
    07-31-12 06:11 AM
    I really wish the note would come to Verizon..however i know that wont happen. Hopefully the optimus vu by lg will be similar. I couldn't care less if others didn't like it. Do you like using the stylus?
    I personally don't use the stylus that much, but when I do, its pretty awesome. I use it mostly to add accuracy to certain games I play (shooters, shmup's, precision games).

Back when draw something was cool for instance :

07-31-12 06:11 AM
    I think a tablet that had phone conectivity would be good you could use some sort of wireless headset or ear piece to anser calls. as long as it is within bluetooth range. then you would be able to consolodate devices. now that I have the playbook I mostly use my phone for (you guessed it) a phone only. I think >4" is to big to be a phone and <7" is to small to be used as a tablet.

if I could use the PB4G as a phone I would just need one voice/data plan still, and would drop the conventional cell phone.
    07-31-12 04:09 PM
    Not for me... I got a demonstration of the Galaxy note in a Rogers store a couple of days after his release and even if the Guy was really convincing and comfortable with the phone, I just find it awkard. Look like the worst of Both world, IMO... Too big for a phone, too small for a tablet... The Galaxy note is a good device, according to most of reviews I Read, but I think Samsung just made it to beat Apple on this : how long it would Take to Apple to release an Iphad and claim it reinvents the wheel ?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    07-31-12 04:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD