I use to send very important files by email or message and I would like to get extra security in my blackberry. I've been looking for PgP or VPN or even Bes12, but I'm not good to understand all that stuff. Someone could advice some solution for me? I'm not a big company so I'm sure Bes12 is not for me. I need the extra security just for me, I have Blackberry Passport, Classic and even a Bold 9930, so the device is not a problem for me. I heard once that OS7 is better for PgP than OS10, I don't know if that's true or not.
    All I want is extra security on my email and texts and with the documents I need to share with people all around the world.
    10-12-15 11:08 PM
    Witopia has a VPN that works with OS 10. Be advised that VPNs eat up a lot of battery power. PGP works as well but differently.

" I do not think that word means what you think it means. "
    10-12-15 11:11 PM
    Depending if your recipients use BBM BBM Protected is an option? We use BES12 Cloud and BBM Protected in our company including a trial of Watchdox. Setting up a Symantec PGP server was too expensive for us.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-15 01:26 AM
    What you want to do is possible via Pgp. It encrypts email. Vpn does NOT encrypt emails

Check out PGpgp in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/47148895

Posted via CB10
    FijiBB likes this.
    10-13-15 05:53 AM
    What you want to do is possible via Pgp. It encrypts email. Vpn does NOT encrypt emails

Check out PGpgp in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/47148895

Posted via CB10
    Is the app enough secure?

Posted via CB10
    10-13-15 08:42 AM
    Depending if your recipients use BBM BBM Protected is an option? We use BES12 Cloud and BBM Protected in our company including a trial of Watchdox. Setting up a Symantec PGP server was too expensive for us.

Posted via CB10
    I don't think BBM is an option because the files I send are for clients. I don't think all of them want to use BBM.
    10-13-15 08:54 AM
    Is the app enough secure?

Posted via CB10
    It's PGP.... it is as secure as Pgp is..... Best to read up what it does..... this will help you

Posted via CB10
    luigieagle likes this.
    10-13-15 12:32 PM
    PGP and VPN do different things. PGP is what you want to send secure emails.
    luigieagle likes this.
    10-14-15 04:52 AM
    For PGP to work you will need to make sure that you have the recipient of your email has your public PGP key and a method to decrypt your message.

Posted via CB10
    luigieagle likes this.
    10-14-15 04:58 AM
    I don't think BBM is an option because the files I send are for clients. I don't think all of them want to use BBM.
    Them installing BBM is far easier than setting up pgp.

If you just need file sharing, use sftp. If you need your communication protected, use BBM protection. Not sure of file size limits.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-15 03:02 PM

If you just need file sharing, use sftp. If you need your communication protected, use BBM protection. Not sure of file size limits.

Posted via CB10
    What if he wants to send files without having to have the recipient go through the hassle of transferring from their handset to their computer? By the time he sets up all of his recipients on BBM, sets up an SFTP server, and gets everyone to use it he could have just sent the attachment encrypted with 7Zip.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-15 07:43 PM

Posted via CB10
    BBM has 16MB limit....?

:-)

�   Ahoy, Privateers...! :-)   �
    10-14-15 07:44 PM
    What if he wants to send files without having to have the recipient go through the hassle of transferring from their handset to their computer? By the time he sets up all of his recipients on BBM, sets up an SFTP server, and gets everyone to use it he could have just sent the attachment encrypted with 7Zip.

Posted via CB10
    The OP isn't specific on what he needs to do and why.

Password protecting the 7zip means that the file is available to be copied and brute force attacked, or eventually cracked when future exploits are found.

Having a secure communication channel prevents the file from getting into unintended recipients hands. A combination of the two for the security win.
    rthonpm likes this.
    10-14-15 08:32 PM
    Thank you all of you guys. What I exactly need is send original manuscripts of books. Some of them are not registered yet on copyright. My clients are the Authors, so they need to send the manuscript to me, I work on it and then send it to the customer. My customers are all around the world: M�xico, Chile, Per�, Spain, USA, Colombia, etc.
    What would be the best solution for that?
    10-15-15 12:52 AM
    Thank you all of you guys. What I exactly need is send original manuscripts of books. Some of them are not registered yet on copyright. My clients are the Authors, so they need to send the manuscript to me, I work on it and then send it to the customer. My customers are all around the world: M�xico, Chile, Per�, Spain, USA, Colombia, etc.
    If they are under 16MB, my vote is BBM Protected.
    luigieagle likes this.
    10-15-15 03:33 AM
    Watchdox. You can secure files and watermark them.

Posted via CB10
    luigieagle likes this.
    10-15-15 09:59 AM