02-22-15 09:21 PM
300 1234 ...
tools
    Why?

I assume that you must have liked Netflix after being a subscriber for 10 years. So why in the world did you stop using it? As far as I can tell, BlackBerry isn't your mother, sister or child, so why be so concerned about what others have to say about it? Do you think BlackBerry would change anything about its daily life because someone said something mean about you? Nah, BlackBerry doesn't care about you. BlackBerry doesn't even know who you are.

I'll never understand some of the things that brand loyalty can cause some people to do.
    It's a form of protest. Do you understand now?
    spikesolie likes this.
    02-11-15 09:12 AM
    Why is this in the introductions thread?
    02-11-15 09:26 AM
    Although I guess it sounds good if it's available, I personally would never use it. And yes, I do subscribe to netflix, maybe I don't do enough traveling or something.

Check out IWIK at BBM Channel C002FA57C
    02-11-15 09:55 AM
    I refuse to use netflix. I don't support companies that don't support us.

Posted via CB10
    02-11-15 09:59 AM
    Except for when I do

Posted via CB10
    itzJustMeh and shaleem like this.
    02-11-15 09:59 AM
    It's a form of protest. Do you understand now?
    In the UK, we'd call it "cutting off your own nose to spite your face".

Whatever. if the guy feels better for depriving himself of Netflix for "the cause" then I guess it's his decision.
    Witmen, Carl Estes and shaleem like this.
    02-11-15 10:01 AM
    Oh, goody. An internet petition. Because those ever get any sort of result, ever.
    02-11-15 10:14 AM
    Oh, goody. An internet petition. Because those ever get any sort of result, ever.
    That's it I'm petitioning against your comment! ...

Posted to CB via my Passport | FileArchiveHaven
    02-11-15 10:15 AM
    Was it the Netflix CEO that Alec Saunders bad-mouthed on Twitter, or have I mis-remembered?

If so, I wish you the very best of luck in getting a native Netflix App for BB10.
    02-11-15 10:19 AM
    You should have a change. Org account regardless. You never know when you might need to use it. It's a good site and the majority petitions are for a good cause. It's up to you but I do understand if you choose not to have one.

Posted via CB10
    As far as I understand it, online petitions, while well-meaning, are not all that effective since as even people stated here, the attitude of signers often can be "not interested but what the hay, I signed anyway". That dilutes the value. Well-argued direct email is another option. Companies need to get a sense of the real, not so anonymous interest out there.

And let's face it, Twitter, Facebook, and other mass social media where public discomfort can be generated generally work better, especially if some celebrity picks it up.
    sentimentGX4 likes this.
    02-11-15 10:27 AM
    Signed!! come on, support this cause and show how great is our community, I hope Crackberry Support also with all their partners.
    02-11-15 10:41 AM
    Signed

Posted via CB10
    02-11-15 10:43 AM
    Why is this in the introductions thread?
    Because it won't let me post in the community through my bb10

Posted via CB10
    Cynycl likes this.
    02-11-15 11:06 AM
    I refuse to use netflix. I don't support companies that don't support us.

Posted via CB10
    Go the petition anyway

Posted via CB10
    02-11-15 11:07 AM
    Sign it anyway and maybe we will see some progress

Posted via CB10
    02-11-15 11:08 AM
    As far as I understand it, online petitions, while well-meaning, are not all that effective since as even people stated here, the attitude of signers often can be "not interested but what the hay, I signed anyway". That dilutes the value. Well-argued direct email is another option. Companies need to get a sense of the real, not so anonymous interest out there.

And let's face it, Twitter, Facebook, and other mass social media where public discomfort can be generated generally work better, especially if some celebrity picks it up.
    So you know, this isn't anonymous. You have to register with change.org. Also, this is posted on Facebook, twittering also so it's going to get traction. I also emailed all my friends the petition and many are starting to sign it. Give it it's chance and maybe we will see something happen. I already had made numerous emails and phone calls to netflix but I'm only one person so they don't really care. However, a petition requesting with many signatures bring a lot of weight to the table. Especially since once I get enough signature, I will be posting this on news feeds also. Power of the people and awareness sometimes can make a difference.

Posted via CB10
    j21jam6 likes this.
    02-11-15 11:13 AM
    I think you meant to say "tweeting". Twitter users tweet.
    I've signed.

Posted via CB10
    anon3923428 likes this.
    02-11-15 11:25 AM
    A native BB10 Netflix would be sweet. Would be smoother than iOS or Android.

Posted via CB10
    02-11-15 11:27 AM
    So you know, this isn't anonymous. You have to register with change.org. Also, this is posted on Facebook, twittering also so it's going to get traction. I also emailed all my friends the petition and many are starting to sign it. Give it it's chance and maybe we will see something happen. I already had made numerous emails and phone calls to netflix but I'm only one person so they don't really care. However, a petition requesting with many signatures bring a lot of weight to the table. Especially since once I get enough signature, I will be posting this on news feeds also. Power of the people and awareness sometimes can make a difference.

Posted via CB10
    But does change.org show the info? If not, it is still "without a face", so to speak. Circulating the petition on social media is fine but it isn't the petition that is the fire to the tinder any more.

I am not saying don't do it, I am merely commenting that from all I have read, online petitions generally are very low ROI. But good luck and if people are really serious about it, they can't ease up on the pressure. A one-shot that dribbles away in a week or so is completely wasted effort. Akin to the company tossing a letter in the garbage can.
    02-11-15 11:42 AM
    Done and Done!!!!
    anon3923428 likes this.
    02-11-15 11:51 AM
    If you want Netflix to take a serious look at your petition, you should setup the petition to have a lot more than 100 signatures. I've never started a petition on Change.org, but I'd probably assume you'd need to set it up for somewhere in the area of thousands of signatures before a company like Netflix would even take the time to consider it.
    log_n likes this.
    02-11-15 11:53 AM
    But does change.org show the info? If not, it is still "without a face", so to speak. Circulating the petition on social media is fine but it isn't the petition that is the fire to the tinder any more.

I am not saying don't do it, I am merely commenting that from all I have read, online petitions generally are very low ROI. But good luck and if people are really serious about it, they can't ease up on the pressure. A one-shot that dribbles away in a week or so is completely wasted effort. Akin to the company tossing a letter in the garbage can.
    Interesting point. But I'm not going to stop. I will find a way to get someone in netflix attention. I also will be doing this to Hulu and Snapchat.

Posted via CB10
    j21jam6 likes this.
    02-11-15 11:55 AM
    If you want Netflix to take a serious look at your petition, you should setup the petition to have a lot more than 100 signatures. I've never started a petition on Change.org, but I'd probably assume you'd need to set it up for somewhere in the area of thousands of signatures before a company like Netflix would even take the time to consider it.
    Yes I saw that and working on making it 10 million.there is no where in the petition to say how many signatures are needed. I'll have to look further but keep signing until I see why it defaults to 100.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Ray Soto; 02-11-15 at 12:15 PM.
    j21jam6 likes this.
    02-11-15 11:56 AM
    Oooh the nostalgia
    anon3923428 likes this.
    02-11-15 11:59 AM
    OK so.after speaking with Change.org, I have to reach 100 signatures first before I can up the signature level. Reasons for this is to see if a petition takes off. If it doesn't then they allow for upping the signature base.

Posted via CB10
    02-11-15 12:21 PM
300 1234 ...