I sure would. BlackBerry still makes the best physical QWERTY keyboard phones around. A classic form factor with the full Android operating system would be a great device, one that I would stand in line for and purchase on day one.
    I'm sorry but it would fail just like Sony, LG, HTC, are all Failing right now. When people hear Android, they hear Samsung. Android is too cumbersome and I see why BlackBerry didn't follow the band wagon like the knee mentioned. BlackBerry has a niche, all they have to do is get that awareness out there and bb10 will live. 10.3 has shown what BlackBerry OS can do and 10.4 will take it to the next level.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-15 08:44 AM
    netflix sux. but why not just use the android version? it worked perfectly on my q10. if something is broken now, lets fix that from the BlackBerry side. screw netflix. and dont hold your breath

Posted via CB750
    Apparently netflix may start using Google services which would make netflix non functional on BlackBerry devices that is why. It make work for now but for how long?

Posted via CB10
    02-15-15 09:09 AM
    Signed previous one for PlayBook. Maybe you should start a petition for BlackBerry to stop F'ing everything they try to do up. Stop F'ing over end users and developers. That is needed more than a native Netflix app. How about a Bridge app for iOS and Android tablets that allows you to use the phones connection to watch Netflix on supported platform. Tools not toys right!?

Posted via CB10
    Agree, this problem all started with the PlayBook. No Skype, Sky or Netflix!! Not much has changed.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-15 09:13 AM
    Apparently netflix may start using Google services which would make netflix non functional on BlackBerry devices that is why. It make work for now but for how long?
    I haven't seen any indication that they will start using Google Play Services. They really have no need to (their iOS app obviously doesn't utilize it), and I doubt they'd do it "just because" and shut out Kindle Fire users. After all, Netflix would love to continue to take streaming business from Kindle/Amazon.
    02-15-15 09:26 AM
    I'm sorry but it would fail just like Sony, LG, HTC, are all Failing right now. When people hear Android, they hear Samsung. Android is too cumbersome and I see why BlackBerry didn't follow the band wagon like the knee mentioned. BlackBerry has a niche, all they have to do is get that awareness out there and bb10 will live. 10.3 has shown what BlackBerry OS can do and 10.4 will take it to the next level.
    Yes, BlackBerry has a niche. But the question they need to figure out is how do you remain a niche player and still get support from major services like Netflix.

I'm not sure I agree on an Android phone either, but it is at least worth considering if a BlackBerry Android phone would (1) retain their small, but fiercely loyal fanbase (their niche) while (2) allowing a much broader and more stable range of apps and support.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    02-15-15 09:33 AM
    I haven't seen any indication that they will start using Google Play Services. They really have no need to (their iOS app obviously doesn't utilize it), and I doubt they'd do it "just because" and shut out Kindle Fire users. After all, Netflix would love to continue to take streaming business from Kindle/Amazon.
    Someone posts that the new update on netflix on snap required Google services and netflix was removed from the Amazon store for BlackBerry. Those are the signs right there my friend. Wait and see. It's coming.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-15 09:35 AM
    I'm hearing from friends there that they are implementing google services to crack down on modified/pirated copies of their apps. This is a major concern in the Android world for all of us. For Netflix, this pirated distribution is undermining their efforts to comply with their agreements with their content owners.

People talk about iOS apps not needing google services, but that's because Apple provides similar services of their own. So on iOS we use Apple's services.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    02-15-15 09:38 AM
    Someone posts that the new update on netflix on snap required Google services and netflix was removed from the Amazon store for BlackBerry. Those are the signs right there my friend. Wait and see. It's coming.
    I'm hearing from friends there that they are implementing google services to crack down on modified/pirated copies of their apps. This is a major concern in the Android world for all of us. For Netflix, this pirated distribution is undermining their efforts to comply with their agreements with their content owners.

People talk about iOS apps not needing google services, but that's because Apple provides similar services of their own. So on iOS we use Apple's services.
    Perhaps I misspoke a bit. What I should have said was that I don't see any indication that Google Play Services itself will be required for all Android versions of Netflix. Amazon also offers their own version of the services to emulate (some of) Google Play Services. Both the Google Play Store and the Amazon App Store have the same version of the Netflix app posted up, v3.9.3. So if the current Play store version is using the Play services, then it stands to reason that the same version on the Amazon store would be using a similar scheme to protect the validity of the app.

And from what I understand, BB10 devices as a whole aren't missing the Netflix app in the Amazon store. From what users here have pointed out, that it's only the Passport that doesn't see it and not all of BB10. Which means that for whatever reason, Netflix hasn't decided to enable the Passport as a supported device in the Amazon store.
    02-15-15 09:54 AM
    Perhaps I misspoke a bit. What I should have said was that I don't see any indication that Google Play Services itself will be required for all Android versions of Netflix. Amazon also offers their own version of the services to emulate (some of) Google Play Services. Both the Google Play Store and the Amazon App Store have the same version of the Netflix app posted up, v3.9.3. So if the current Play store version is using the Play services, then it stands to reason that the same version on the Amazon store would be using a similar scheme to protect the validity of the app.

And from what I understand, BB10 devices as a whole aren't missing the Netflix app in the Amazon store. From what users here have pointed out, that it's only the Passport that doesn't see it and not all of BB10. Which means that for whatever reason, Netflix hasn't decided to enable the Passport as a supported device in the Amazon store.
    I have a Z30 and netflix on my amazon app store is gone also. Same for my friends z10.

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 333785
    02-15-15 10:19 AM
    Native cascades with active frames please.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-15 11:15 AM
    passport here. netflix is in snap/play store.

Posted via CB750
    02-15-15 01:50 PM
    How sad is it that only 361 signatures petitioned for an app. Regardless whether you use netflix or not, many in the community do, and by not supporting your community, it shows no unity within this community. BlackBerry may have waited to long to get with the program but they have now and have been since the launch of BB10. The community is now failing BlackBerry. One simple signature and sharing in your social network isn't much to ask for. For those that did, I and the people who care about this cause appreciate it. For the rest, thanks for your negative comments and non support for us or BlackBerry. Now I know why BlackBerry isn't doing well in the consumer market. It's own community doesn't give a **** about them and all they want to do is bring negative vibes to this forum but don't have the will or the drive to help fix it.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-15 02:57 PM
    How sad is it that only 361 signatures petitioned for an app. Regardless whether you use netflix or not, many in the community do, and by not supporting your community, it shows no unity within this community.
    Posted via CB10
    There are a lot of assumptions made in that statement. I don't believe the lack of signatures has anything to do with unity or community. People do not sign a change org on a CB thread, regardless of content, without due course.

Crucial information is missing in the thread to tackle the points for effective communication or change management ... Maybe you should try checking off the points of ADKAR for example, as a proven practice? It should generate a lot more signatures. Also I wouldn't be quick to discount the 300 or so who are choosing to support your petition, I think we have a stellar community if folks you don't know are backing up your petition.

Posted to CB via my Passport | FileArchiveHaven
    Last edited by KermEd; 02-15-15 at 03:33 PM.
    02-15-15 03:22 PM
    I would have signed it, but they require my address and I don't feel comfortable providing that.
    I suspect a lot of people are in that boat. I used a false address as I don't know who is collecting that info or why.

02-15-15 03:35 PM
    Attachment 333839

I have something better than their app...I made my z10 a remote for their services. Ruku box works!

Posted via the pure awesomeness of blackberry.
    howarmat and KermEd like this.
    02-15-15 05:04 PM
    How sad is it that only 361 signatures petitioned for an app. Regardless whether you use netflix or not, many in the community do, and by not supporting your community, it shows no unity within this community. BlackBerry may have waited to long to get with the program but they have now and have been since the launch of BB10. The community is now failing BlackBerry. One simple signature and sharing in your social network isn't much to ask for. For those that did, I and the people who care about this cause appreciate it. For the rest, thanks for your negative comments and non support for us or BlackBerry. Now I know why BlackBerry isn't doing well in the consumer market. It's own community doesn't give a **** about them and all they want to do is bring negative vibes to this forum but don't have the will or the drive to help fix it.

Posted via CB10
    Your petition fell on deaf ears because Netflix app is a consumer app. BlackBerrys are supposed to cater the business/enterprise sector.

You could've gotten more traction with a petition for a more relevant app (Microsoft Office pops into my mind).

Posted from an ME173X
    BB_Junky likes this.
    02-15-15 06:26 PM
    When people hear Android, they hear Samsung.
    Posted via CB10
    Fwiw when I hear Android I think Google. Not samsung, but I can't speak for others.

02-15-15 09:00 PM
    CEO aren't perfect, they all make mistakes here and there. He just wants more apps. Nothing wrong with that. So don't hold that against him. He's done many positive things to BlackBerry. He's allowed a blooper here and there. With that said, how long before all app developers start using Google services which would put all apps non operable on BlackBerry devices (Food for thought) ? BlackBerry needs native apps. Yes having the android runtime helps with app situation but like I've mentioned, for how long will these apps work. Thinking the way your thinking doesn't help BlackBerry simply because native will always be better for many reasons already stated in this forum. Just relying on APK s isn't a good idea. It just another android for that matter. And no, BlackBerry shouldn't make an android phone. Many already do and they aren't the popular ones out there. Look at Sony, LG, and many others that have created android devices and haven't gained traction. So you see my friend, this is the reason why we need to sign this petition. With many signatures, we have a voice upon which netflix must respond. That's the whole point I guess.

Posted via CB10
    Hey I didn't say to devs to abandon native development, Chen did. What has he really done? Not kill off the Passport that was in development long before he got there? Release a Classic in a short amount of time that is $450 with $200 device specs and built for a heavily shrinking market? Essentially abandon all touch when that is what the market wants and competitors device sales, and even BlackBerry own sales figures likely show?

The Android runtime announcement killed off any hope of native app development with PlayBook, and stops development on BB10, especially with Chairman Chen's encouragement to go Android. Now Google is pushing Play Service integration to protect their product and prevent this and BlackBerry will have sabotaged native development for a solution that won't work for too much longer.

He has done nothing at BlackBerry except finish the reduction of the burn rate to give them linger life. Just like every BlackBerry CEO before him, he is doing more harm than good every time he opens his mouth publicly. But keep blindly giving Chen the blank check. This is just like every previous CEO before that could do no wrong and then will be vilified when he is let go.

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB and notfanboy like this.
    02-15-15 09:15 PM

Posted via CB10
    Because most have been on this exact boat ride before Ray, it didn't work then either. Chen came in and publicly announced that BBRY is enterprise focused and you want to try and save a consumer App...sorry bud, but i must say you defiantly have the drive.
    Last edited by BB_Junky; 02-15-15 at 11:35 PM.
    02-15-15 09:16 PM

Posted via CB10
    Do you have a Netflix account? If so then you should cancel it now. I did during the PlayBook and signed a petition then and I still don't have a Netflix account. So don't come on here and preach to me. BlackBerry has made the community this way because of their horrible treatment of the community and lies. Yes lies! Chen said loyalty is a two way street and BlackBerry must be loyal to the user's, but has done d1ck for the users. So why don't you go study some BlackBerry history that those of us here for a while know all too well before throwing your holier than you garbage on the "community"!

Posted via CB10
    KermEd likes this.
    02-15-15 09:35 PM
    I wish you luck with your petition. However, as a Canadian, I am not willing to pay the same price consumers in the U.S. pay for less than 1/2 the content (3,600 titles versus 10,000 titles)! Until they lower the price for Canadians, Netflix can kiss my Z!
    Wow I knew Canadian content was less than American but had no idea the difference was so large. Very eye opening.

Posted via CB10
    BB_Junky likes this.
    02-15-15 10:11 PM
    Wow I knew Canadian content was less than American but had no idea the difference was so large. Very eye opening.

Posted via CB10
    We cut our cable and use Netflix, Hulu via Unblock Us with MoreFlicks to region hop. This way we can bypass the dumb limitations. Ireland has the best content imo.

BB_Junky and MarsupilamiX like this.
    02-15-15 11:06 PM
    We cut our cable and use Netflix, Hulu via Unblock Us with MoreFlicks to region hop. This way we can bypass the dumb limitations. Ireland has the best content imo.

Content with which service? Irish content, I mean...
    02-15-15 11:16 PM
    I told them already. And i didn't sign because they, change.org will be collecting my info. And i don't give it out so freely.

BB Proud
    02-16-15 01:55 AM
    Content with which service? Irish content, I mean...
    Oh sorry,

MoreFlicks shows you what movies are available on what platforms. And Netflix Ireland always has things like the Hobbit etc. Much better compared to Canada! Plus they get many great 80's horror films.

Tre Lawrence likes this.
    02-16-15 02:24 AM
300 ... 89101112