First of all, we all know Amazon app store is a good thing for consumers, but that is all it is.
    It is not good for developers who stood by BlackBerry and it is not good for BlackBerry ecosystem.

I was hoping any of you can start up a petition and ask John Chen not to discourage devs to build native apps.
    To me Amazon app store meant more consumers will buy BlackBerry phones because the APP gap is almost vanishing, but the way BlackBerry intends to handle the situation is to hand off consumer market to Amazon and keep the enterprise market.

As a share holder I find it very un-pleasing. Android apps run fine on BlackBerry but they don't run as good as on Android devices so we need those native apps and we want developers to keep building native apps.

If any of you agree with me please start a petition, I would have if I had a little confidence in my English.
    I would really appreciate that.
    We want BlackBerry ecosystem!
    Dazlr Boy likes this.
    06-18-14 10:55 PM
    I've said it before in many threads - what BlackBerry ecosystem? What BlackBerry native app development? You can't save things that hardly exist. Besides, BBW isn't going anywhere.

Posted via CB10
    damien kupuku likes this.
    06-18-14 10:58 PM
  3. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Develop unique native apps and we will buy.. even at a premium.. that simple...

Rather than fear competition.. how about rising to the challenge??

Posted via CB10
    06-18-14 11:00 PM
    Amazon was a good solution, I'm sorry for the little amount of developers, but if you take a look at the big picture, you weren't even gonna make much money from BlackBerry's low market share

Posted via CB10
    06-18-14 11:05 PM
    BlackBerry World should still remain, and I believe Chen stated so. It will be for BlackBerry native apps and enterprise apps. Android apps etc belong at Amazon. Music and videos are obtainable anywhere. Wake up everyone......you hardly need itunes. Time for people to stop being so dependent. Think for yourself.....you might get somewhere!

Posted via CB10
    brookie229 likes this.
    06-18-14 11:06 PM
    Develop unique native apps and we will buy.. even at a premium.. that simple...

Rather than fear competition.. how about rising to the challenge??

Posted via CB10
    I am not an app developer, if I was I would have built the apps.
    I am talking on behalf a few devs who are members of this and were disappointed with the way BlackBerry has handled this.
    06-19-14 12:22 AM
    BlackBerry World should still remain, and I believe Chen stated so. It will be for BlackBerry native apps and enterprise apps. Android apps etc belong at Amazon. Music and videos are obtainable anywhere. Wake up everyone......you hardly need itunes. Time for people to stop being so dependent. Think for yourself.....you might get somewhere!

Posted via CB10
    That is correct but the wording "help existing developers migrate to Amazon" was used, and that does not sound good to me.
    06-19-14 12:23 AM
    What are you talking about? John Chen only cares about classic BB lol
    06-19-14 12:38 AM
    What are you talking about? John Chen only cares about classic BB lol
    lol.. can't debate that.
    06-19-14 12:56 AM
    No petition is needed at this time, my friend. Mr Chen knows exactly what he is doing.
    He once declined on answering if Blackberry was planning on making Android phones, I guess this should be taken as his answer.
    Also, partnering with Amazon is what we needed in the first place. Either we get Google Play or any other legit store for android apps. Not because we don't want native apps but because developers have refused to put in effort to doing that.
    Some of us once had and still have the Amazon store on our BB10 devices and it was cool. I can only believe that now that we are going to get it legitimately, we are going to get the very best out of it.
    Let's just wait and see how it goes.
    And rumours have it that the OS10.3 that is coming will be the miracle we Blackberry fanatics have been hoping for.
    vicky_235235 likes this.
    06-19-14 02:03 AM
    As far as at last reading I did. Yes the deal with Amazon Apps will start from 10.3 however there seems to be still no word as to whether the App will just come pre loaded with 10.3 or whether they are looking at some kind of integration within BlackBerry World. Either way BlackBerry World isn't suddenly going to disappear though it will probably worry those native developers and not entirely encourage new developers to develop native Apps.

Personally I think Android Apps run like crap on BlackBerry 10.2.1 but that's just my opinion. 10.3 they run 'better' but emphasis seems to be on compatibility of Android Apps in 10.3 rather than speed. I'd rather the App be made native.

Either way BBW isn't going anywhere.
    06-19-14 06:29 AM
    I hope BlackBerry won't end up like Palm.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-14 06:30 AM
    He'll do whatever it takes to get BB profitable again. If BBW hemorrhages money, he'll shut it down.
    Hopefully this doesn't happen - native runs so much smoother on BB10 - but I'm ultimately glad for the Amazon deal - pre-loaded app world of some sort, there goes the app argument entirely. Even installing .apk files was too much of a hastle for some people.
    06-19-14 10:33 AM
    Unless this petition includes a few million dollars it will have no affect.

Using a BlackBerry Z10! The "UnDroid"!
    06-19-14 10:36 AM
    I hope BlackBerry won't end up like Palm.

Posted via CB10
    It won't end up like Palm, that is not the fear here and you shouldn't have either.
    06-19-14 11:01 AM
    Today's ER was just amazing and by no means have I discrited John Chen. He is probably the best person suited to turn things around for BlackBerry. John Chen will definitely make things work but I want him to make it perfect.
    06-19-14 11:04 AM
    That is correct but the wording "help existing developers migrate to Amazon" was used, and that does not sound good to me.
    Sure. Why not help android app developers optimize their android apps in the Amazon store for BlackBerry instead of putting a weak port into BBW? Keep the native apps and the BlackBerry built apps in BBW. Android apps, along with media, can come through Amazon who already does a great job of media. They run all of that so BlackBerry can focus on other areas of the business.

Working with Amazon was a great move. They're a very smart middle man for those people who don't want Google Services on their phones.

Sent through Tapatalk on my Verizon Z30 running 10.3.0.296/.441

My boring channel but with Frenchie puppy pics
    06-19-14 11:10 AM
    Sure. Why not help android app developers optimize their android apps in the Amazon store for BlackBerry instead of putting a weak port into BBW?
    If that is the case then I am all in for that, it is just that BlackBerry didn't give enough detail on the structure of this partnership which caused a little bit of uneasiness among devs.
    06-19-14 04:20 PM
    I doubt you need a petition BlackBerry is aware that they need BlackBerry World,dont know why you think it's necessary to petition for it. It's only a matter of time for those big named developers start native app development, the Amazon store option is just a stop gap measure to plug the short term "app gap" that some are having issues with. But in keeping with your petition request, I throw in my support :-))

Posted via CB10
    06-19-14 06:45 PM
    Totally agree. Keep Blackberry World and also get Google on board.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-14 07:16 PM
    Tim Neil:
    BlackBerry World will continue to be available on the device.

Amazon will support only Android applications. BlackBerry World will continue as normal supporting all existing types of applications. As stated in the blog post BlackBerry and Amazon will provide support to migrate an existing Android application from BlackBerry World to Amazon if the developer desires to do so.
    tatail likes this.
    06-19-14 07:21 PM