Its done! I knew they were dumb, but I gave them a chance to prove myself wrong but in fact I was right!

Not releasing it before christmas is a fail, telus already stopped stocking the playbook and ill bet others will soon too. This was their only chance to boost sales as new tablets would be coming out soon with better specs. The playbook has the best specs so far excluding the software.

They need to be replaced! ASAP! Who do you think should take over???? Saunders?!?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    trsbbs likes this.
    10-26-11 10:49 AM
    RIM should hire this Alec Saunders guy's PR team. Hops up on stage, gives a few excited minutes of speech, puts up his email, people hit him up on Twitter and on his email and he gives them just completely wrong information, and yet everyone seems to think hes just plain awesome.
    If we could translate that feeling to everything else related to BlackBerry, much like Pinky and the Brain, we could take over the world.
    10-26-11 11:40 AM
    At this point I wouldn't put Saunders as CEO as well. The same day we found out OS 2.0 would be coming out in February, Saunders was sending emails to people saying end of Fall.

I'm sure it wasn't his fault, but still. I think everyone there has credibility issues right now. They need a CEO to take charge who right now has no current standing at RIM. Real new blood. That way everything is fresh as they have not already been tainted by what is currently there.

In not, then yea I would definitely rather see Saunders than those two guys.
    10-26-11 12:29 PM
    Definetly. I give the co CEOs credit for finding BB but in the end they certaintly can run shiit. They never give an exact deadline for their work cause they know they can't meet anything they do. Its a shame. Can't the shareholders just rally and vote them out??

10-26-11 12:41 PM
    Mike L. should leave as Co-CEO. He shouldn't give up RIM but just step down. Alec Saunders is a great man to take over. Mike L can stay but just not CEO anymore

10-26-11 01:08 PM
    Mike L. should leave as Co-CEO. He shouldn't give up RIM but just step down. Alec Saunders is a great man to take over. Mike L can stay but just not CEO anymore

What about Jim B? Do you think he should remain at the top or step down as well?
    10-26-11 01:09 PM
    What about Jim B? Do you think he should remain at the top or step down as well?
    Sorry don't know too much about Jim B

10-26-11 01:15 PM
    Mike L should stay as Chief Product Officer, Jim B should just become Chairman, and bring in a CEO to babysit and manage marketing. Hence, follow the Google model and bring in an Eric Schmidt equivalent to interact with the business community and enterprise customers. This allows everyone to focus on what they are good at rather than trying to force founders to be public company executives.

At some point, the co-founders pride needs to move to the side before they take the whole ship down. Once again, the founders should be proactive about making changes rather than going down the road of a protracted fight with investors to make changes. They will always be the founders of RIMM, but if they don't let a more investor friendly person be the "FACE" of the firm the only memory will be of the collapse of RIMM.
    10-26-11 01:38 PM

Totally disagree. Mike IS blackberry. Jim however needs to step down. Mike should stay, but when doing things like devcon he shouldn't be doing the entire event. He needs to be the MC there, just talk about what he needs to, then bring other people out to talk about their projects.

Jim really needs to step down.
    10-26-11 03:50 PM
    I believe both should immediately step down and really bring in someone new to the plate to do the job. If mike wants HIS corporation that he created to be successful, he should do the smart thing and let someone else do it. I just think he is being selfish and cocky thinking he could do it. When honestly he really can't.

I for one want them both gone ASAP!! Its a far better choice to be successful then switching the OS IMO.

10-26-11 08:46 PM
    Jimmy needs to go. He's made the majority of the outlandishly wrong statements and he just gives off that used car salesman vibe. Their is a reason the NHL blocked him from getting a team, it starts with d and ends with ouche, and the NHL determined him to be one. Anyway I don't see where he provides any value add, just makes RIM look bad and sucks down plenty of money that could bring in quality engineers to get RIM back on track. And if Mike L says he can't do it without Jim one more time then he needs to follow Jim out the door. Mike L needs a strong board over him to babysit him.
    Jake Storm likes this.
    10-26-11 08:54 PM
    And what leverage do any of you have to remove the Co-CEOs? Its their company. If they feel like running it into the ground they can. You all are free to buy something else.
    And don't give the publicly traded argument. It seems the investors are happy with the two in charge or the investors themselves don't have enough leverage to effect a change. In either case the two are free to burn the company if they feel like it.
    Last edited by sam_b77; 10-27-11 at 04:56 AM.
    10-27-11 03:23 AM
    Its done! I knew they were dumb, but I gave them a chance to prove myself wrong but in fact I was right!
    Not releasing it before christmas is a fail, telus already stopped stocking the playbook and ill bet others will soon too. This was their only chance to boost sales as new tablets would be coming out soon with better specs. The playbook has the best specs so far excluding the software.
    They need to be replaced! ASAP! Who do you think should take over???? Saunders?!?
    No they don't.
    They created the brand, the security vision, the products, the services and didn't way for you or me to teach them how to do so. Doesn't this remember something in the mid 80's ? (ugh, maybe you was a little young ?)

What is mandatory, is RIM to get an evangelist spokesman and a better marketing/R&D coordination. That, I do agree.
    10-27-11 03:47 AM
    And what leverage do any of you have to remove the Co-CEOs. Its their company. If they feel like running it into the ground they can. You all are free to buy something else.
    And don't give the publicly traded argument. It seems the investors are happy with the two in charge or the investors themselves don't have enough leverage to effect a change. In either case the two are free to burn the company of they feel like it.
    This is the best reply of all instead of complaining you should stick with it. Your the consumer my friends. How does it matter to you on how they treat PB OS or BBX. Your the end consumer. You have a choice of buying the product. Mike L and Jim B don't. They are keeping it running with all they can do. You don't kill a person just because a person told you to.......... Or do you?

So stop the complaining and start the fixing!
    homer1475 likes this.
    10-27-11 03:54 AM

A company is not run democratically by the whole nation. A company is the property of the investors and shareholders. You can't hold an election outside of those who own the company. And even then its the Board that decides.
    Boy I'm glad you have no leverage to effect any change in RIM. Mike L and Jim B have years of experience and are the ones who built RIM from the ground up. You want to fire them and install Saunders on a whim? What do you know about him? Yes he came up on stage and bobbed his head and was a tad too aggressive on the sales pitch. And that is your interview done!!...People ask more questions when they hire a babysitter....
    10-27-11 05:03 AM
    Whilst it may be fun to express opinions as to who should step down from RIM's management, there is a tiny, tiny problem that stands in the way of removing either one of these two gentlemen from power.

What is this problem?

Each of them owns around 10% of RIM making removal, assuming they do not wish to vacate, a very expensive proposition.

Personally I think that removing the top layer of RIM will not solve the problem. The rot goes far deeper that that. Just look at the debacle that was the Storm 1. did anyone get fired over that. I do not believe so. In fact I have heard that comedian who foisted that particular POS upon the world still holds a senior position within RIM.

Whilst removing the top bananas would be a very good, if expensive proposition, a lot more needs to be done to sort out RIM's problems.
    10-27-11 05:13 AM
    Whenever I read posts like these asking for change in management a story comes to my mind:
    Its about a man who loves to eat Apples. Eating an Apple is his biggest aim in life. So he goes to the fruit market to get Apples and comes upon an Orange stand. Like any other customer he should move on to the Apple stand and buy a dozen Apples and launch himself into an orgasmic frenzy.
    But no, this guy instead walks up to the Orange fruit stand and tells the owner that he hates Oranges and when he comes next the owner better be selling Apples, or he would organise a protest and kick the owner out of the market and get someone else to manage the fruit stand and ensure that only Apples are sold.
    What the man forgets is that there are orange lovers in the market as well and they would blow up the Apple stands if oranges were off the market.
    So instead of resorting to Fruit Terrorism, the Apple munchers should buy apples and let the Orange lovers buy Oranges, or Blackberries if they so please.
    As a customer you have one vote and that is to not buy Oranges. If enough people stop buying oranges then the Orange Seller would move on of his own accord. But you cant stop the owner from selling oranges or change the owner if he doesnt sell Apples.
    Shlooky likes this.
    10-27-11 05:55 AM
    They could save themselves if they got rid of there obviously incompetent underlings, and hired some better Developers, show leadership that way, the current people aren't cutting it, the people you hired are failing, hard. Make an example of them.
    10-27-11 03:09 PM
    Consumers need to vote with their wallets, nough said. Jim and Mike will read this thread and laugh hysterically. Investors will continue to drag the RIMM stock down, and if enough people stop buying BB's, RIM will feel the pressure and make change.
    Right now as I see it, that will never happen
    10-27-11 04:21 PM
    More armchair quarterbacks... err CEO's demanding that someone else can run a multibillion dollar company better then the 2 guys that started it and got it to where it is today.
    sam_b77 likes this.
    10-27-11 04:44 PM
    More armchair quarterbacks... err CEO's demanding that someone else can run a multibillion dollar company better then the 2 guys that started it and got it to where it is today.
    Yea the armchair CEOs are the funniest....People who can't balance their household budget giving advice on how to run Billion dollar companies.
    10-28-11 10:34 AM
    And you own what, a phone, PlayBook. @;+_!$/;?(/
    10-28-11 11:16 AM
    What is this problem?

Each of them owns around 10% of RIM making removal, assuming they do not wish to vacate, a very expensive proposition.
    Actually, the two of them combined own 10%. And nobody would have to buy them out. There are other shareholders who's combined percentage could vote them out. Which is what nearly happened a few months back, but they allowed J&M 6 more months (til January I believe) before revisiting it.
    10-28-11 11:53 AM
    Seriously, do you call out the ceo of your car manufacturer if there's a repair needed? If you get a bad meal, are you calling for a restructuring of the restaurant chain? Do you even know the names of the CEOs of other companies that you buy from, does it even matter?

This isn't even a petition, its a forum thread. It would have looked at least slightly legitimate if you had used an online petition site. Wouldn't have any more impact, but at least it would look official...

Just use the phone and quit pretending you've got all the answers.
    Dapper37 likes this.
    10-28-11 12:04 PM
    Seriously, do you call out the ceo of your car manufacturer if there's a repair needed? If you get a bad meal, are you calling for a restructuring of the restaurant chain?
    Probably not. But to equate the bumbling management of a corporation over the last 3 years to a car repair or a bad meal smacks of hyperbole.
    10-28-11 12:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD