Back in May, my wife decreed that I needed to be using an iPhone and bought me a 4s for my birthday. I put my beloved Bold 9650 in a drawer, where it remains today, and started using the iPhone. In so doing, I lost connectivity with my PlayBook (I liked using Bridge and having the ability to get my PB on line wherever I had phone service).

I have found that I have no emotional attachment whatsoever to my iPhone, but that it just works. All day long, every day. It has never frozen up, crashed, re-started, slowed down, or anything of the sort. Every update that has come down the pipe has been downloaded and install OTA with nary a hiccup. My battery lasts just as long as my Bold's did. Any time an interesting new app comes out, I know that it will be available instantly for iPhone. Lastly, and perhaps too often overlooked is that it works great as a phone. I always thought it was strange that my old dumb phones made much better phones than most smart phones do. Not so with my iPhone.

So, my question is, do you think the new BB10 phone will be something that will make me want to switch back to RIM? If so, why? It doesn't have to be an iPhone copy, in fact it had better not be. It just needs to have a similar form factor, but be a real BlackBerry. Will RIM do it? Convince me. (I miss Brickbreaker ! ).
    09-11-12 04:47 PM
    What do I get if I convince you?? What is in it for me? Why should I even care if you use an iPhone, Nokia or two cans with a string attached??
    So tired of these immature, asinine "convince me" threads. Convince yourself to make better use of your time. Use whatever meets your fancy and don't have a hissy fit.
    09-11-12 04:59 PM
    Can't. Only you can do that and RIM.
    09-11-12 04:59 PM
    This isn't News, or a Rumour...
    Why is it in this section?
    09-11-12 05:02 PM
    This isn't News, or a Rumour...
    Why is it in this section?
    Yea. Someone should convince a mod to move it or better yet to shut this down...
    Apparently there will be a lot of convincing in this thread .
    Viktor_Volkov likes this.
    09-11-12 05:05 PM
    Convince yourself by doing research not by taking opinions from people you don't know and probably will never meet. No one really cares what kind of phone others use. They care that the phone They use works for them.
    bahandi likes this.
    09-11-12 05:07 PM
    Come back for the community of course, for all the love and support from fellow bb owners... Oh wait

Yeah in all seriousness there's only one person who can decide which is the best device for you and I'm afraid that's you.

If you like iphones that's fine, if you prefer a bb when BB10 lands that's great. Me, I've had both and I prefer the BB for my daily driver, but it's personal preference at the end of the day
    richardat likes this.
    09-11-12 05:13 PM
    Come back for the community of course, for all the love and support from fellow bb owners... Oh wait
    Perfect.
    richardat and Engire like this.
    09-11-12 05:16 PM
    Shouldn't we be trying to persuade your wife, since she apparently makes the tech choices in the family?
    09-11-12 05:21 PM
    Shouldn't we be trying to persuade your wife, since she apparently makes the tech choices in the family?
    Well, that was partially humorous. I guess I just want RIM to make a BlackBerry that is as good as, or better than, an iPhone, but is still, well, a BlackBerry. If they do, I will be among the first to get one.
    gokulesh and TheScionicMan like this.
    09-11-12 05:32 PM
    If you're pleased with your iPhone, then by all means keep it. My wife really likes her's too.

Me? I don't like pure touchscreen phones without physical keyboards, and well, the iPhone happens to be one. I do have an iPod Touch, and it's a nice device - so if I'm hankering for cool apps then there's that.

Meanwhile, my 9930 is an excellent smartphone that does what I want it to do.
    Last edited by jegs2; 09-11-12 at 05:35 PM.
    Hgouck likes this.
    09-11-12 05:32 PM
    If you need to be convince and your "wife decreed you get an Iphone"
    unsure why you would want to come back. If you have doubt which seems to be the case... stay with ye old Iphone.... Best bet is have the "wife" check out BB10 when released.
    09-11-12 05:39 PM
    I'll take the bait...

BB10 looks very promising. For once, RIM is adopting leading edge hardware, and the OS should provide snappy navigation.

Two major advantages over the iPhone: replaceable battery and microSD support (possible XD?); graphics in the Dev Alpha device are already at a higher pixel density than "retina", and should be even better on the production model.

NFC is going to be big, and Blackberry currently leads everyone else in its adoption. I've heard a rumor that the new iPhone may not even support NFC, though I guess we'll find out soon enough.
    axeman1000 likes this.
    09-11-12 05:51 PM
    RIM cannot get you back. Your wife has decreed it otherwise. Convince your wife to let you have a BB and then we can talk.
    09-11-12 06:14 PM
    In my experience wive's can be very convincing, women have too many methods at their disposal to get you to bend their will

I guess you'll have to wait and see if the BB10 devices convince you to switch back. In the meantime enjoy your wifely decreed iphone.
    gokulesh, savestheday611 and joski like this.
    09-11-12 07:01 PM
    In my experience wive's can be very convincing, women have too many methods at their disposal to get you to bend their will

I guess you'll have to wait and see if the BB10 devices convince you to switch back. In the meantime enjoy your wifely decreed iphone.
    I have an iphone 4, 9900 and s3. I want a bb10 all touch phone as it sounds cool. But the s3 blows my iphone away. Not even close.

Iphone has poor reception and voice quality. 4 at work have been replaced for the same issue. Apps are nice but apps don't make the phone for me anyway.
    Last edited by adrenaline_x; 09-11-12 at 07:45 PM.
    09-11-12 07:38 PM
    I have an iphone 4, 9900 and s3. I want a bb10 all touch phone as it sounds cool. But the s3 blows my iphone away. Not even close.

Iphone has poor reception and voice quality. 4 at work have been replaced for the same issue. Apps are nice but apps don't make the phone for me anyway.
    I guess technology is a pricey game.( Three phones!!! )
    09-11-12 09:25 PM
    very hard to give up on RIM given the fact I have 3 BB phones and a 64GB Playbook. I love the way the OS works. Only system I found that works better for me has been Meego but Nokia killed it. I like the new Note 2 but feel I should wait until BB phones are out before changing my main phone.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    09-12-12 02:29 AM
    wait for Q1. Put the device in your hand. Try it . Love it. Buy it ... or not.
    09-12-12 02:44 AM
    Back in May, my wife decreed that I needed to be using an iPhone and bought me a 4s for my birthday....

So, my question is, do you think the new BB10 phone will be something that will make me want to switch back to RIM? ....
    First, you probably should convince yourself that you still hold your testicles in your underwear. If you are not sure, ask your wife to show them to you. She'll probably have them in a small silk sack at the bottom of her purse.
    09-12-12 09:59 AM
    First, you probably should convince yourself that you still hold your testicles in your underwear. If you are not sure, ask your wife to show them to you. She'll probably have them in a small silk sack at the bottom of her purse.
    Doesn't sound like you're married. Saying "yes, dear" goes a long way. Happy wife, happy life, and all of that. Pick your real battles. A smartphone is definitely not one of them.
    09-12-12 01:14 PM
    Doesn't sound like you're married. Saying "yes, dear" goes a long way. Happy wife, happy life, and all of that. Pick your real battles. A smartphone is definitely not one of them.
    Am married. I have a discussions with the wife about purchases so that neither one buys something the other wouldn't like. And, unlike the OP, my wife actually values my opinion.
    09-12-12 01:23 PM
    If you're pleased with your iPhone, then by all means keep it. My wife really likes her's too.

Me? I don't like pure touchscreen phones without physical keyboards, and well, the iPhone happens to be one. I do have an iPod Touch, and it's a nice device - so if I'm hankering for cool apps then there's that.

Meanwhile, my 9930 is an excellent smartphone that does what I want it to do.
    Wait you're back on BlackBerry? I thought you made a run for that old Palm!
    09-12-12 01:26 PM
    Not another "I have a dinosaur BlackBerry and Im complaining about it in 2012" thread again....
    Last edited by shemaree09; 09-12-12 at 03:30 PM.
    09-12-12 03:28 PM
    Wait you're back on BlackBerry? I thought you made a run for that old Palm!
    I did. Was hoping the 9930 for Sprint would get down to $200 on eBay or Amazon - didn't happen, so coughed up an extra $120 to upgrade at my friendly, local Sprint store. So my trusty old Palm is on standby mode.
    09-12-12 06:41 PM
78 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD