i want my Z30..
    10-16-13 01:06 PM
    I think OP just wanted to illustrate the fact that people are in fact willing to trade Apple's for Blackberry's. Don't be so rough on him.
    They need help with the easy bits often here.
    kidplanet and pmccartney like this.
    10-16-13 01:36 PM
    I think you're right but the argument (trend) goes off the rails when it becomes FOUR (4) people in a week. That to me is not a trend, a movement or even a modest demonstration of interest. It's just four (4) people.
    It's not a bag of carrots either !

OP only said "This is definitely a good thing" and you've run with the presumption that from many many possibilities he meant that over night - Craigs List will be full of 'I would like to swap my i-phone 5 for a BB10 - listings'.

People take this way too serious. They scan posts and come up with their own iron - clad meaning for an ambiguous sentence.

Imagine them being on jury service...dangerous !

Posted via my CB Q10
    10-16-13 02:06 PM
    Well said!!!
    lol... some people are just too stuck up for negative news...
    they don't want to listen to anything positive even on a slightest one.
    OP is just sharing some news...

chill, dude...
    It's not a bag of carrots either !

OP only said "This is definitely a good thing" and you've run with the presumption that from many many possibilities he meant that over night - Craigs List will be full of 'I would like to swap my i-phone 5 for a BB10 - listings'.

People take this way too serious. They scan posts and come up with their own iron - clad meaning for an ambiguous sentence.

Imagine them being on jury service...dangerous !

Posted via my CB Q10
    10-16-13 02:40 PM
    Move to another site, we don't need your depressing views!!
    People trading iPhone 5 for BB10 device-http-makeagif.com-media-10-16-2013-tmedkr.jpg
    10-16-13 02:42 PM
    There you guys go again. All that person said was that "the z30 might get some iPhone customers who have been wanting a bigger screen". "Some" could mean 3 people or it could mean 500,000. They didn't say "I think the z30 will convert every iPhone user out there". And "better" is relative. What one person thinks as being superior another person may think of it as being inferior.
    same argument people use when the Z10 launched and look at the numbers..if they want bigger screens there are many better phones HTC One, Note 3, etc
    Omnitech likes this.
    10-16-13 02:47 PM
    There you guys go again. All that person said was that "the z30 might get some iPhone customers who have been wanting a bigger screen". "Some" could mean 3 people or it could mean 500,000. They didn't say "I think the z30 will convert every iPhone user out there". And "better" is relative. What one person thinks as being superior another person may think of it as being inferior.
    Stupidity is abundant nowadays. We may aswell give up. It's like bringing a watering can to an oil rig fire.

Posted via my CB Q10
    Omnitech likes this.
    10-16-13 03:00 PM
    Stupidity is abundant nowadays. We may aswell give up. It's like bringing a watering can to an oil rig fire.

Posted via my CB Q10
    Too many stupid trolls on crackberry.

Posted via CB10
    Omnitech likes this.
    10-16-13 03:32 PM
    Hilarious. You should actually pay attention to the negative nellies and their patterns around here sometime. (including yourself, often enough) The fact that they all had to descend on this thread, like clockwork (because they clearly have nothing better to do) is testament enough to the fact that it takes virtually no instigation whatsoever for them to come running in to threads like this trying to rain on everyone's parade.

The OP basically said: "Some people are willing to trade iPhones for Blackberry 10 devices."

And that is a true fact.

No, obviously the whole world isn't doing that, or else Blackberry would be making money and not be in the process of slicing itself in half trying to stay alive.

Duh.

The world doesn't need anyone to tell them that. Even less than it needs the OP here to state that indeed, "some people are trading iPhones for Blackberries".

Next.
    THIS POST MAKES ME SICK. Now you've done it. Now, I have no choice but to bring out candid-speaking-richardat. NOBODY wants CSRichardat....CSRichardat says all the mean things nobody wants to say, but nobody argues with him, because they know very well he's cutting throught the BS and speaking the truth.

YOUR post makes me sick. Why? YOU KNOW very well, that I was correct. If you bothered to read my THOROUGH, PATIENT debunking why is was correct- in fact, we can all SEE you are aware of it, since you REPEATED my argument. YES "DUH"....thanks for reiterating how stoopid the thread was...notice how I didnt' say it that bluntly. Good job....you aren't attacking ME with that, you're attacking the OP.

You'll futher note, that nobody had ANYTHING to say in the discussion after it was clarified?? WHY???? Because the correct response would be "duh"...hey, you got it just right.....or " cool story bro"...or "alrighty". As I already wrote...in a nicer manner. As I said, there would have been little response to this thread, had it been written that way.

The real reason it makes me sick isTHE OP, yes, chaseplanet, I believe knows I (and many others) were correct. I shall be presumptuous and state that I don't think he wants you rehashing it with personal attacks, making me repeat the debunking. I think (and this is only my intuition), he's a young man, who got a little too enthusiastic, and without thinking it through thoroughly posted this, then realized thanks to (not JUST MY reply) but all the replies that indeed, he was stretching. THAT is a GREAT thing...it means, he, unlike many here, at least has the wherewithal to understand the problem with his post. Now it would have been nice if he had said "yeah...I guess I was so excited I didn't really think it through"....but AT LEAST he said: well...I just wanted to state it. FINE. You know what????? I bet that young man, will not make that mistake again.....which is GREAT...SERIOUSLY...that will serve him well in LIFE.......and hey(!!!) we've ALL made that mistake when we were enthusiastic and wanted to see something desperately. So it's nothing to be ashamed of....but nobody wants to see their mistake rehashed and rehashed ad nauseum, and THAT'S what posters like you are making the rest of us do. Chaseplanet, if you read this, you and I both know very freakin well that you're not an *****, and that you were trying to imply at least some trend - you and I know both know that was born out of your desire and enthusiasm - but not reality. No BIG DEAL. Sorry, it's been turned into such a pile of turdiness.

Now, on to this utter stupidity about "negative nellies" (you know...here's a little hint for all: when you're argument consists of inane name-calling labels like this...your "argument" SUCKS). We ALL KNOW WHAT you're really talking about. Desperate for good news, some people lie/mislead/spin, or say inane things, that are "positive" if irrational. It is self-soothing behavior for you and others Omnitech. Goodie.

Yes, you'd wish all people who see the misleading statements, and irrational reasoning ignore it. SORRY. They don't. Yes, like clockwork (though some threads escape it - since debunking these threads takes far more energy than making up the inane threads) they come rushing in. I GET IT. It interrupts your soothing behavior. Lollipops and gumdrops and security blankets - remember: no debt! Will never happen, BB will never ever be sold! BB10 is going to outsell ios this year! Stupid shorters and naysayers! (oh oops, I went back in time 3 months)

I get that you have NO content-based response, so out spews the same pollution: personal attacks, and vague cries about persecution and negativity. I'm very SORRY...no actually, I'm not....I'm NOT sorry that the negative situation for BB right now is reflected here. TOUGH ANDROID JELLYBEANS. Adults are talking.

I get that when a naive 8 yr old hears adults talking about how Santa isn't real, that John Cena, Usain Bolt, Lance Armstrong, Sylvestor Stallone, (insert pro-athlete hero here) uses all manner of steroids, and that Steven Seagal can't actually fight his way out of a paper bag, that it really hurts, and they react with a tantrum. We GET IT. Now, instead of polluting the board with whining and tantrums, you need to understand that some of are going to talk candidly - and DEAL WITH IT. IGNORE IT, or come to grips with it, and start engaging in real discussion. Yes, I FULLY realize, judging by the posts of some, that they do NOT have the wherewithal to do do that. They simply do not. They will forever be off in a basement hippie haze of dull-mindedness, wondering why people are being mean or negative when those people don't entertain their mental self-gratification. So, again, IGNORE IT. If you are one of those people, we will never, ever, ever, see eye-to-eye.

If you are not, if you can see, hey, Richardat and some of those other people make sense, even though I don't like it, then maybe you can see that WE are just people as well....not cartoon characters, multi-faceted people, with multi-faceted motivations. Don't take discussions about cellphones so personally, don't get upset because this perceived object of your affections (a corporation of all things) is being talked about negatively. Slap yourself with a wet-noodle....Imagine the Godfather is talking to you: YOU CAN ACT LIKE A MAN!!!!!!

MANY, MANY have done that recently. People who were EVERY BIT as big a supporter as you, and the others like you, EVER WERE. HUGE FANBOYS....and yet, they have changed with the events, changed with the data. Some have absolutely admitted they were wrong, and they are taking a more realistic view now. I have SUCH respect for that. As delusional as I thought their beliefs were before, it takes great character to admit a mistake, and change course, ESPECIALLY on the freakin internet. It's one heck of a lot easier to just slink away....build up more bravado and come back with more personal attacks, and even more asinine arguments. eg.Yeah...it's us on the forum that caused BB problems, it's we who created this reality, yeah we just LOVE to talk about negative things and that's why we do it - gee, it has nothing to do with the negative things going on.

Don't assume the other person is some cartoon monster who yes, "clearly has nothing better to do" (how childish is this view....do any of you really want to stand by a statement like that?? I don't like what that guy on the internet is saying so he must be blah blah blah blah) How often have seen these kinds of statements lately?? EDIT: just saw that sixpacker and others already called you on that....thanks fellows).

Maybe you should listen to our reasoning, and engage in the discussion, or if not....once again, broken record....IGNORE IT - HAVE A POSITIVE DAY! ( I am, but I know things are really screwed for BB! YAY!!) PLEASE place me on your ignore? KAY? KEWL!!

CSRichardat

PS. Let me add, Omnitech, that you are NOT the worst offender in my opinion - far from it. In fact, I feel it slightly unfair that this rant is directed at you (though the post II'm responding to justifies it). I HAVE seen you contribute thoughtfully to discussions with valuable contributions, and that separates you far - very far - from some others. However, you're here, and it's CSRIchardat time. George is GETTING UPSET!!! SERENITY NOW.
    Last edited by richardat; 10-16-13 at 06:27 PM.
    10-16-13 06:14 PM
    The OP basically said: "Some people are willing to trade iPhones for Blackberry 10 devices."

And that is a true fact.

No, obviously the whole world isn't doing that, or else Blackberry would be making money and not be in the process of slicing itself in half trying to stay alive.

Duh.

The world doesn't need anyone to tell them that. Even less than it needs the OP here to state that indeed, "some people are trading iPhones for Blackberries".

Next.
    You could just as easily say that "the world doesn't need anyone to tell them" that there are people trading iPhone 5 for BB10 device, so what the world "needs" is a poor standard to use in determining what should or should not be posted.
    10-16-13 06:33 PM
    THIS POST MAKES ME SICK. Now you've done it. Now, I have no choice but to bring out candid-speaking-richardat. NOBODY wants CSRichardat....CSRichardat says all the mean things nobody wants to say, but nobody argues with him, because they know very well he's cutting throught the BS and speaking the truth.

YOUR post makes me sick. Why? YOU KNOW very well, that I was correct. If you bothered to read my THOROUGH, PATIENT debunking why is was correct- in fact, we can all SEE you are aware of it, since you REPEATED my argument. YES "DUH"....thanks for reiterating how stoopid the thread was...notice how I didnt' say it that bluntly. Good job....you aren't attacking ME with that, you're attacking the OP.

You'll futher note, that nobody had ANYTHING to say in the discussion after it was clarified?? WHY???? Because the correct response would be "duh"...hey, you got it just right.....or " cool story bro"...or "alrighty". As I already wrote...in a nicer manner. As I said, there would have been little response to this thread, had it been written that way.

The real reason it makes me sick isTHE OP, yes, chaseplanet, I believe knows I (and many others) were correct. I shall be presumptuous and state that I don't think he wants you rehashing it with personal attacks, making me repeat the debunking. I think (and this is only my intuition), he's a young man, who got a little too enthusiastic, and without thinking it through thoroughly posted this, then realized thanks to (not JUST MY reply) but all the replies that indeed, he was stretching. THAT is a GREAT thing...it means, he, unlike many here, at least has the wherewithal to understand the problem with his post. Now it would have been nice if he had said "yeah...I guess I was so excited I didn't really think it through"....but AT LEAST he said: well...I just wanted to state it. FINE. You know what????? I bet that young man, will not make that mistake again.....which is GREAT...SERIOUSLY...that will serve him well in LIFE.......and hey(!!!) we've ALL made that mistake when we were enthusiastic and wanted to see something desperately. So it's nothing to be ashamed of....but nobody wants to see their mistake rehashed and rehashed ad nauseum, and THAT'S what posters like you are making the rest of us do. Chaseplanet, if you read this, you and I both know very freakin well that you're not an *****, and that you were trying to imply at least some trend - you and I know both know that was born out of your desire and enthusiasm - but not reality. No BIG DEAL. Sorry, it's been turned into such a pile of turdiness.

Now, on to this utter stupidity about "negative nellies" (you know...here's a little hint for all: when you're argument consists of inane name-calling labels like this...your "argument" SUCKS). We ALL KNOW WHAT you're really talking about. Desperate for good news, some people lie/mislead/spin, or say inane things, that are "positive" if irrational. It is self-soothing behavior for you and others Omnitech. Goodie.

Yes, you'd wish all people who see the misleading statements, and irrational reasoning ignore it. SORRY. They don't. Yes, like clockwork (though some threads escape it - since debunking these threads takes far more energy than making up the inane threads) they come rushing in. I GET IT. It interrupts your soothing behavior. Lollipops and gumdrops and security blankets - remember: no debt! Will never happen, BB will never ever be sold! BB10 is going to outsell ios this year! Stupid shorters and naysayers! (oh oops, I went back in time 3 months)

I get that you have NO content-based response, so out spews the same pollution: personal attacks, and vague cries about persecution and negativity. I'm very SORRY...no actually, I'm not....I'm NOT sorry that the negative situation for BB right now is reflected here. TOUGH ANDROID JELLYBEANS. Adults are talking.

I get that when a naive 8 yr old hears adults talking about how Santa isn't real, that John Cena, Usain Bolt, Lance Armstrong, Sylvestor Stallone, (insert pro-athlete hero here) uses all manner of steroids, and that Steven Seagal can't actually fight his way out of a paper bag, that it really hurts, and they react with a tantrum. We GET IT. Now, instead of polluting the board with whining and tantrums, you need to understand that some of are going to talk candidly - and DEAL WITH IT. IGNORE IT, or come to grips with it, and start engaging in real discussion. Yes, I FULLY realize, judging by the posts of some, that they do NOT have the wherewithal to do do that. They simply do not. They will forever be off in a basement hippie haze of dull-mindedness, wondering why people are being mean or negative when those people don't entertain their mental self-gratification. So, again, IGNORE IT. If you are one of those people, we will never, ever, ever, see eye-to-eye.

If you are not, if you can see, hey, Richardat and some of those other people make sense, even though I don't like it, then maybe you can see that WE are just people as well....not cartoon characters, multi-faceted people, with multi-faceted motivations. Don't take discussions about cellphones so personally, don't get upset because this perceived object of your affections (a corporation of all things) is being talked about negatively. Slap yourself with a wet-noodle....Imagine the Godfather is talking to you: YOU CAN ACT LIKE A MAN!!!!!!

MANY, MANY have done that recently. People who were EVERY BIT as big a supporter as you, and the others like you, EVER WERE. HUGE FANBOYS....and yet, they have changed with the events, changed with the data. Some have absolutely admitted they were wrong, and they are taking a more realistic view now. I have SUCH respect for that. As delusional as I thought their beliefs were before, it takes great character to admit a mistake, and change course, ESPECIALLY on the freakin internet. It's one heck of a lot easier to just slink away....build up more bravado and come back with more personal attacks, and even more asinine arguments. eg.Yeah...it's us on the forum that caused BB problems, it's we who created this reality, yeah we just LOVE to talk about negative things and that's why we do it - gee, it has nothing to do with the negative things going on.

Don't assume the other person is some cartoon monster who yes, "clearly has nothing better to do" (how childish is this view....do any of you really want to stand by a statement like that?? I don't like what that guy on the internet is saying so he must be blah blah blah blah) How often have seen these kinds of statements lately?? EDIT: just saw that sixpacker and others already called you on that....thanks fellows).

Maybe you should listen to our reasoning, and engage in the discussion, or if not....once again, broken record....IGNORE IT - HAVE A POSITIVE DAY! ( I am, but I know things are really screwed for BB! YAY!!) PLEASE place me on your ignore? KAY? KEWL!!

CSRichardat

PS. Let me add, Omnitech, that you are NOT the worst offender in my opinion - far from it. In fact, I feel it slightly unfair that this rant is directed at you (though the post II'm responding to justifies it). I HAVE seen you contribute thoughtfully to discussions with valuable contributions, and that separates you far - very far - from some others. However, you're here, and it's CSRIchardat time. George is GETTING UPSET!!! SERENITY NOW.
    http://www.etradesupply.com/blackber...-assembly.html

Posted via my CB Q10
    10-16-13 06:41 PM
    Amen, Brother.

Twitter: xandermac
    10-16-13 06:58 PM
    The use of "people" in the general sense most certainly implies a trend.

I'd also add that some of those ads do not have contact information. Many Craigslist listings with no pictures and only the default Craigslist email listing are fraudulent.
    or... the plural or person, and in the case of 4 persons you can also say 4 PEOPLE
    10-16-13 09:42 PM
    Some people may need to just hit the "ignore" button. Be it either side of the fence. Else this is going to be a mud-slinging "I'm right you're wrong" match.

You know, I don't see why people can't share the excitement that OP has shared, even if it's small excitement? Its genuine, not like he went all the way out just to tailor what a number of posters here consider to be a lie / fabrication.

He likes the phones, he likes the company. So? You don't like the phones, you don't like the company, so?
    anon4188935 likes this.
    10-17-13 04:06 AM
    I'll never get back the time wasted reading this thread. Although I can only blame myself. It's like watching a train wreck, you can resist not watching it.

It's just a phone. Sorry I mean a mobile device. This will not matter in 5 years or so when everything is different.

Now go outside and play!
    10-17-13 06:15 AM
    Richardat, I couldn't even read half of that tl;dr of yours. You have WAY too much time on your hands, clearly.

All I know is this:

A) Thread title: "People trading iPhone 5 for BB10 device". True Fact.

B) All the ranting and raving from the detractors and usual band of negative nellies trying to ascribe some sort of massive offensive violation to the OP: Trolls.

C) The OP never attempted to claim that "the whole world is switching to Blackberry 10" or anything of the sort. Fact.

All the rest is garbage windbagging.

Time to shut down this thread since it's already been trolled to death.
    10-17-13 07:07 AM
    It may be easier to just go with it next time. Agree with everything lool

Posted via my CB Q10
    10-17-13 07:27 AM
    So everyone's issue is the wording? Okay
    10-17-13 07:34 AM
    So everyone's issue is the wording? Okay

No, the issue is constantly manufacturing false controversies from nothing, so they'll have an excuse to keep ranting.

Reminds me of the U.S. Congress.
    10-17-13 07:38 AM
    The beauty of a public forum is that you get to "discuss" issues/events and read (if you bother reading, which you admittedly don't) "opinions" from both sides. Apparently that doesn't sit well with you, perhaps a public forum isn't the best venue for you to spend your time?

Richardat, I couldn't even read half of that tl;dr of yours. You have WAY too much time on your hands, clearly.

All I know is this:

A) Thread title: "People trading iPhone 5 for BB10 device". True Fact.

B) All the ranting and raving from the detractors and usual band of negative nellies trying to ascribe some sort of massive offensive violation to the OP: Trolls.

C) The OP never attempted to claim that "the whole world is switching to Blackberry 10" or anything of the sort. Fact.

All the rest is garbage windbagging.

Time to shut down this thread since it's already been trolled to death.
    10-17-13 08:49 AM
    The beauty of a public forum is that you get to "discuss" issues/events and read (if you bother reading, which you admittedly don't) "opinions" from both sides. Apparently that doesn't sit well with you, perhaps a public forum isn't the best venue for you to spend your time?
    Well, there's definitely a clear line that's drawn when
    a) somebody posts an opinion, irregardless positive or negative.
    then
    b) somebody counters for the sake of countering.
    then
    c) somebody makes a mountain out of a molehill, particularly squirreling, and resorting to "truestic" (heck, I forgot the term, like how people argue about the sun rises from the east, therefore it must set in the west, and therefore there's no way you're right, and there's no way I'm wrong, because my logic says so).

then sprinkle in the namecalling and the mudslinging, and people get detracted from the OP's gist.

Though, pressing further on this would be detrimental to the spirit of the discussion, in the essence of going OT what OP is saying.
    10-17-13 09:49 AM
    100th(:

Posted via CB10
    Chase_Manley likes this.
    10-17-13 04:04 PM

CSRichardat

:hugs:

#IchooseBlackBerry10 (BB#25)
    10-27-13 01:09 PM
98 ... 234