Just found DM 4.5 and am downloading it now. I will report back later on how well it works. Later
    DM 4.5 is Awesome. Great graphics and a real clean look. Also, it is a lot different than 4.2, and 4.3. I am not a good review writer, but you can check it out for yourself and make your own opinions. I highly recommend downloading it and giving it a try. Have a good one!
    06-05-08 08:51 PM
    I also am missing Docs to go. but am worried that if I wipe and download again that I might fry my sim card, Iv heard rumors that it happens with the new Os
    06-05-08 09:02 PM
    Ya, it happened to me, I just downloaded .37 on my tmo 8320, and the next morning, I woke up and it said sim rejected. I didn't know why, so I called tmo, and they didn't know why, so they just replaced the sim. I've since downgraded to 4.2, and it sucks, but I don't want it to happen again

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-05-08 09:17 PM
    I have been trying to get the link to download the beta 4.5 OS for 8800, and so far I still haven't got it.

..Btw whats the time in UK right now?
    if you have msn messenger an get my hotmail account i can hook you up with the 8800 4.5.0.37 i can't give you links case rim raided adlens site an threathed to sick lawyers on him
    Last edited by Galvatron; 06-05-08 at 09:34 PM.
    06-05-08 09:30 PM
    OFFICIAL RELEASE of 4.5.0.18!!!! I found this on the Vodacom website and it is official!!! It is a slow download(about 30 mins.), so be patient. Here ya go, have fun and enjoy!!
    Handheld Software : Downloads : BlackBerry - Vodacom
    06-07-08 02:10 PM
    I just installed 4.5.0.42 and the restore process took forever. At least 45 minutes, but all seems to be fine. Just wanted to let ya'll know that the .42 OS is now out, not official though. Have a good one!!
    06-08-08 03:56 PM
    OK

OK

OK

OK

OK

OK

STOP hitting the submit reply button and try refresh for a change!!! LOL
    LMAO waaaaaayy TOO FUNNY hahahha
    06-08-08 08:44 PM
    4.3 works great!!
    06-08-08 08:47 PM
    I also am missing Docs to go. but am worried that if I wipe and download again that I might fry my sim card, Iv heard rumors that it happens with the new Os
    You don't have to wipe and redownload to get docs to go. Just connect your phone to your puter, and go to the apps screen and check docs to go and then finish and it will load it to your phone. BTW the fried sims are only happening on UMA phones on the tmob network, just FYI. Have a good one
    06-08-08 10:12 PM
    if you have msn messenger an get my hotmail account i can hook you up with the 8800 4.5.0.37 i can't give you links case rim raided adlens site an threathed to sick lawyers on him
    Hey Galvatron, that original post by Benny was done in March, I think he has found the OS he was looking for by now. Just thought I would let you know!!
    06-08-08 10:17 PM
    I love the improvments with the bb browser. Hate the lower level of volume. And want ed to upgrade for you tube which i cant seem to get to work. Hopefully there is a way around this. Overall loving the upgrade. Yeah I also dont like having to rearrange my icons after each battery pull. I know it takes like a couple of minutes to put icons where I want them but still a little annoying.
    06-19-08 08:24 AM
    I love the improvments with the bb browser. Hate the lower level of volume. And want ed to upgrade for you tube which i cant seem to get to work. Hopefully there is a way around this. Overall loving the upgrade. Yeah I also dont like having to rearrange my icons after each battery pull. I know it takes like a couple of minutes to put icons where I want them but still a little annoying.
    Which version of the beta are you running? I have had all versions on my 8310, and have never had the "roving icons" issue. Wierd! P.S. The 4.5.0.44has been leaked and can be found out in the "wild". Although I have only seen it for the 8310.
    06-19-08 11:25 AM
    Can u use 4.5 on an 8310?

06-19-08 07:24 PM
    Can u use 4.5 on an 8310?

Yes, you can.
    06-19-08 08:26 PM
    About to install, and will post back... Let's hope all goes well, or its gonna be a late night!!!

06-19-08 08:30 PM
    anyone know how to stop the uncaught exceptions on blackberry messenger with this new 4.5
    06-20-08 12:12 PM
    anyone know how to stop the uncaught exceptions on blackberry messenger with this new 4.5
    not getting any with BBM...or any for that matter
    06-20-08 12:44 PM
    The first thing I did with my bb 8310 was install the 4.5 os. So far so good there was one thing I needed to change in the browser to get certain forms to work.

It is definitely very nice and powerful for some reason I thought 4.5 was the os for the bold. I guess not.

The curve is slightly sluggish but the new proc for the bold should fix that quite fast.

06-20-08 02:22 PM
    I have the 4.5 on my att 8310 and it runs perfectly fine. I need to go purchase an 8g microsd card for this baby.

06-20-08 02:24 PM
    It was the first thing I did. I installed the 4.5 os on my att bb curve. It has been great the browser is cool. One thing I noticed though is I had to turn the cursor off to get this thing to work. Another thing is that on the wap forums here at crack berry I can't type something in the quick reply box and hit post reply. I have to hit the post reply then it'll forward me to the box with submit reply. Kind of sucks but what can I say the browser is beta eh.

06-20-08 10:40 PM
    AMAZING....I installed it yesterday with the help of JASONHDD...I have yet to have a probelem (knocking on wood) video camera is awesome...voice record is great, youtube works good although most of the videos are crappy quality...What else docs to go although limited is pretty cool and allows you to do what is nec. unles of course yuor a CEO of a major coporatation!!! The 69.99 package they just released seems like it would be well worth it given the minimal usage the OS4.5 comes with and how great that is. No complaints, music, vids, and ringtones transfered over and everything is going great user interface is poretty cool with the L theme and for now until 4.8 comes out this kicks As#...hope this helped yall and if you all need help let me know pm me!!!! Later
    06-24-08 02:23 PM
    AMAZING....I installed it yesterday with the help of JASONHDD...I have yet to have a probelem (knocking on wood) video camera is awesome...voice record is great, youtube works good although most of the videos are crappy quality...What else docs to go although limited is pretty cool and allows you to do what is nec. unles of course yuor a CEO of a major coporatation!!! The 69.99 package they just released seems like it would be well worth it given the minimal usage the OS4.5 comes with and how great that is. No complaints, music, vids, and ringtones transfered over and everything is going great user interface is poretty cool with the L theme and for now until 4.8 comes out this kicks As#...hope this helped yall and if you all need help let me know pm me!!!! Later
    4.8 ???!!??? I'm pretty sure they went from 4.6 BOLD, KICKSTART to 5.0 which is in the works
    06-24-08 02:41 PM
    i did the 4.5 install on my curve... idk what people are talking about with not having the video record.... the 8330 has always had that... so i idk about the 8310.

it made my 8330 REALLY slow, deleted facebook and nowhere in there did i see DocsToGo. I just said screw it and went back to 4.3 until Verizon eventually releases 4.5 on their own.
    06-26-08 07:28 AM
    I installed 4.5 last night and it made my Facebook icon disappeared even though Facebook was already there. I reinstalled Facebook and the icon was back where I originally had it prior to 4.5.

I don't have much to say about 4.5 yet but the Browser was having some trouble loading pages after I clicked on links/buttons.

06-26-08 09:39 AM
    I installed 4.5 on my Verizon 8330.
    So far so good except for Jivetalk not working.
    Other than that, I dont see any really big improvements from 4.3.
    O the cool thing is u now have an equalizer for music.
    I just may go back to 4.3 just so I dont have to worry about any issues if I download anything like apps or themes, etc......
    06-26-08 09:46 AM
677 ... 25262728
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD