I have now installed 4.5 and love it. I have noticed that my phone is a little slower, but I love the video camera. BB Smart viewer doesnt seem to work even though the connections are working. The new fonts are great and I am using the iBerry custom L theme and it is sharp. Anyone have any suggestions about the bbsmart viewer? Please let me know, thanks.
    04-03-08 06:28 PM
    I have now installed 4.5 and love it. I have noticed that my phone is a little slower, but I love the video camera. BB Smart viewer doesnt seem to work even though the connections are working. The new fonts are great and I am using the iBerry custom L theme and it is sharp. Anyone have any suggestions about the bbsmart viewer? Please let me know, thanks.
    Interesting you bring that up. Mine doesn't work either. In the initial setup it says that its connected via BIS but then when I open an e-mail it has the "E-Mail" and bar but doesn't ever load.
    04-03-08 06:48 PM
    I think that it is due to the new email application on the 4.5, I don't think it supports it. Oh well, 30 dollars down the drain.
    04-03-08 09:03 PM
    Also with 4.5 in the bb IM you can host a conversation with at least three people if not more. Earlier today, myself and two others held a conversation on BB IM for at least an hour. One of them said that it was better then yahoo messenger, I personally don't know because I haven't tried it myself, but it was pretty cool. Any way, just thought I would share it with ya'll.
    04-03-08 09:10 PM
    I think that it is due to the new email application on the 4.5, I don't think it supports it. Oh well, 30 dollars down the drain.
    Eek. Good thing I got it when that special deal was going on for free BBSmart with a $5 purchase Will have to try out the multiple convo thing.
    04-03-08 10:30 PM
    Sorry if I haven't reply your messages, or accept you on BlackBerry Messager, I was busy the last 2 days.

"If you don't have any nice things to say, then don't say anything..."
    - We work very hard on this, to search the links, download, upload, give out links, and helping people. (Thanks Adlen and Chris! )

Again, if you want the links to download the beta OS please sent a email to
    "some email", and you would get a reply within seconds.

If you need anything, feel free to pin me.
    Last edited by Bla1ze; 04-26-08 at 06:04 PM.
    04-04-08 12:41 AM
    I just need a link for 8100,Thank you.
    04-04-08 03:36 AM
    We don't have a working 81 link right now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-04-08 04:23 AM
    BBSmart does work on later, more up-to-date, releases of 4.5
    04-04-08 09:24 AM
    my Bm sometimes suddenly said : uncaught exception, file already exist
    and then i cant open it anymore need to soft reset.
    this happen after i upgrade... anyone can help?
    04-04-08 09:38 AM
    I've been using it for about a week now. The only issues I've had is when sending a vid no one can open it and view it, and can not send mms, can receive just not send. Can still send photos through email and messenger so it's not a big deal.

I took off the docs, since those don't work either, I don't have any sample vids or any of the other usual stuff we take off when putting on a new OS.

I love this os version a lot more than I hate it, which I do not hate it at all.

So, if anyone wants it, let me know, for 8320, I can zip and email it to you, unless that's a bad thing.
    04-04-08 09:42 AM
    ok i uploaded the 8310 version and im working on sending links to everyone who PIN me or emailed me.. Also I am sending the links to alden so he will have them soon too.

Thanks,
    YngBlood
    Last edited by yngblood; 04-04-08 at 12:39 PM.
    04-04-08 10:44 AM
    BBSmart does work on later, more up-to-date, releases of 4.5
    There are newer versions of this beta OS?
    04-04-08 11:30 AM
    Your a man of your word, I sent him an email and with minute I got a response. Thanks so much. I want to download the OS 4.5 on to my 8320, but with the OS being in Beta, I don't want to mess anything up. Can a user go back and forth between OS and also, I have read that the real OS is coming with the next week on the CRACKBERRY site. I think.

First I"ve heard of that. Where did you read that information?
    04-04-08 11:36 AM
    Is everyone's youtube functioning? I logon to m.youtube.com or youtube.com, and click to watch a video. The media player loads up to like it's about to play, but an error comes up: Error playing video.

Any ideas? Thanks

Edit: I just got the unltd. data plan and YT is working on EDGE, but not wifi. Odd.
    I got the same error.. it goes to the media player but fails to load.. it is strange... maybe once the official release comes out it will work.
    04-04-08 12:44 PM
    I'm beginning to think youtube videos not working is directly related to 8310 Curves for ATT. Is anyone using an unlocked ATT Curve where the video either does or does not work?

I bought my husband the titanium Curve Sunday (he loves it--he has had the same phone for 5 years), loaded it with 4.5 after we got it home from the ATT store, and everything works beautifully EXCEPT no video on youtube. We get an error on both mine and his. I'm going to call ATT later today (still working right now) to get the unlock code to see if that has anything to do with it.

As far as different versions of 4.5, I didn't know there were any. I installed 4.5 version 27 as per instructions here, deleted the vendor.xml file after running 4.5 on PC but before installing to Curves via DM, and did a battery pull on both after installation. I even wiped my Curve and installed and still no video for youtube.
    04-04-08 01:11 PM
    the only issue i just found is that my phone wont send pic or vid messages (MMS). i hit send and it restarts my phone.
    04-04-08 01:20 PM
    I am beginning to think you are right about the youtube issue and AT&T, started noticing it after most of the people I saw who weren't having trouble were with T-Mobile.
    04-04-08 01:20 PM
    im thinking it will work fine once the official release comes out... i think it is more of a network issue then a phone issue

EDIT: try this site to watch youtube on blackberry:
    Code:
    http://blueapple.mobi/
    Last edited by yngblood; 04-04-08 at 01:25 PM.
    04-04-08 01:23 PM
    I've used blueapple for video and I don't like it at all. I suppose I have no choice but to wait for the official update.
    04-04-08 01:32 PM
    Greetings,

Can you please send me a link to download the BB 8300 4.5 Beta update?

Please email to [email protected]

thanks a bunch!!
    04-04-08 01:34 PM
    If it comes out, I will send you a link
    04-04-08 01:37 PM
    aww thanks, you just made my heart drop. i assumed it was available. back to waiting.

04-04-08 02:32 PM
    what are the instructions on how to get the os 4.5 on da berry??
    04-04-08 07:20 PM
    im telling all 8320 users not to download it cuz youll have problems dont get me wrong as i said before i love the 4.5 but after a few days it started to have problems like shutting its self off all the time taking 10 to 15 minutes to turn back on i recommend waiting for the official release unless your super impatient like me and have to try it out for yourself lol but im telling you that youll revert back to you previous os like i did... thanks again to adlen for helping me out with the upload though and back and forth emails in the middle of the night maybe not for him but it was for me lol
    Geez dude. How about a little punctuation in your post? I almost went cross-eyed trying to read it.
    04-04-08 09:29 PM
677 ... 1213141516 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD