I didn't find any reference to a vendor in my LBS.alx file in 4.5. I did have the option to load bbmaps, however, I didn't.
    04-28-08 06:50 PM
    yes when i played with the 4.5 os i noticed the same thing with the LBS.alx file, i simply closed it assuming they changed things in the new version.
    04-28-08 06:58 PM
    Did everybody fall asleep in this thread or what? There hasn't been a new post in here since the 28th, until now that is. I sure hope 4.5 will be out soon in a perfected working manner, I am starting to get impatient.
    05-03-08 12:02 PM
    hey benny, is there a way to get my gps to work on my blackberry curve 8310 for at&t? i have just loaded the 4.5.0.18 but it won't work no matter what i do. I tried at&t navigator/telenav, google maps 2.01, yahoo! go. nothing will read my gps no matter what. I've gone to the settings to try and refresh it but it comes back with nothing at all. if there a way to fix this?

also is it possible to get blackberry maps onto my curve or is it not possible? thanks.
    yeah, you need to download all the apps you're gonna use under 4.2.2 OS. Then during the update process it'll ask you to back all ur data. This way your GPS WILL work under 4.5. I tried getting the new 2.1.0 GMAPS after I got 4.5 and when getting the download, the site recognizes my berry as having 4.0 os. I'm guessing that's why it doesn't work right.
    05-03-08 02:49 PM
    Anyone able to get Telenav working on 4.5.0.18??????
    05-03-08 08:25 PM
    Anyone able to get Telenav working on 4.5.0.18??????
    i haven't been able to get any navigation/gps application to work on my curve with 4.5.0.18. WTF Am I doing something wrong? It is tickin' me off, and I want to dg back to 4.2. I guess that is the price to pay for beta.
    05-07-08 09:46 PM
    My google maps works with my gps on 4.5...I've never heard it work for anyone else. I always get within 3 meters.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-07-08 09:49 PM
    Sadly, right now there is only a beta OS 4.5 for 8320.
    I have the beta 4.5 on my 8310 I have had it now a few days. I love all the changes except now I am having trouble with the bluetooth and my laptop vista I have tried removing both devices and adding from both my laptop and my phone. Any one else having this issue?
    05-10-08 12:35 PM
    i haven't been able to get any navigation/gps application to work on my curve with 4.5.0.18. WTF Am I doing something wrong? It is tickin' me off, and I want to dg back to 4.2. I guess that is the price to pay for beta.
    My telenav is working fine the look of icon has changed and now it says ATT navigation but the menus and all my saved stuff is there and available after I logged in once. I did do the upgrade to the 4.3 before I got the beta os 4.5 not sure if that makes a difference
    05-10-08 12:41 PM
    I finally downgraded back to 4.2 today. I couldn't stand not having a gps app, and my favorite theme the BB Deminsion Today Plus. Well, I've fed my craving for 4.5 for a while, and now, hopefully the Carriers will release it soon.
    05-11-08 03:29 PM
    Well GPS works, just not Telenav or Navigator. Yet, I have a couple of friends who say Telenav is working on 4.5 for them.
    05-11-08 09:46 PM
    TeleNav works fine on 8310 w/ AT&T.

Contacts - need to include option to what information you want to see. It now shows Name and Company. I only prefer the Name show.

Calendar - like the fresh look and addition of color.

Drop down menu's - use to be when you pressed ALT it opened a drop down menu, you could release the ALT but the drop down remained. Now it goes away unless you track ball down the list. Prefer the previous operation.

Theme - the BB Dimension L is a great theme!!! I like having the choice of icon and along the border.

All 3rd Party software has not been a problem.

Access to video thru the Browser to the Player is pretty damn cool.
    05-11-08 10:02 PM
    I am anxious to see what all will be unvailed at WES. I hope that 4.5 will be released, or at least a date will be set. This waiting game is getting old. I think that they(RIM) have had enough time to get 4.5 right. They have already developed 4.6, so you would think 4.5 should be finished and ready for use by now. Hurry up WES and get this show on the road already.
    05-11-08 11:57 PM
    I read on blackberry forums.com that a user included in their profile to have 4.5.0.48 for the 8310 on AT&T!! I couldn't believe it. I doubt that this is correct, so I sent them a pm asking about it like where he got it, if he was willing to share, and how well it works, stuff like that. I cant wait to get a reply, if I even get one. Will post my findings for sure, and if I get it I might be willing to you know!!
    05-14-08 07:00 PM
    I read on blackberry forums.com that a user included in their profile to have 4.5.0.48 for the 8310 on AT&T!! I couldn't believe it. I doubt that this is correct, so I sent them a pm asking about it like where he got it, if he was willing to share, and how well it works, stuff like that. I cant wait to get a reply, if I even get one. Will post my findings for sure, and if I get it I might be willing to you know!!
    If you find out, do the right thing......pm me
    05-14-08 07:08 PM
    If you find out, do the right thing......pm me
    I most definitly will. And by the way, this is Post #100. WhooHoo!!!!
    05-14-08 07:15 PM
    I most definitly will. And by the way, this is Post #100. WhooHoo!!!!
    Could be true... hehe... Could be true!

I also found out why GPS didn't work for me... I had to install Doc2Go... BS. That's a lot of space I don't need being used. I at least have my BB at 21mb left and no memory leak!
    05-14-08 11:48 PM
    Anything on the memory leak? Its annoying how slowly I am losing memory space doing nothing

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-15-08 03:25 AM
    Could be true... hehe... Could be true!

I also found out why GPS didn't work for me... I had to install Doc2Go... BS. That's a lot of space I don't need being used. I at least have my BB at 21mb left and no memory leak!
    Not sure I am following you. What could be true?
    05-16-08 11:27 PM
    I just downloaded the 4.5 for my 8320 curve and everything is running smoothly except aim
    05-16-08 11:54 PM
    I know how to HIDE it....i want to DELETE it

**Someone from another thread helped me delete it....thanks though**
    I have the same problem how do I delete it?
    05-17-08 12:10 AM
    Btw... I have not had the memory leak issue and it's been a whole week plus. I've been at 21mb, even with Opera Mini and OZ Messenger opened, running in the background.

05-17-08 02:57 AM
    I meant to quote this phantom...
    05-17-08 02:59 AM
    I performed the update last night (T-Mo 8320 - 4.5.0.18). The process took about an hour or so and went through without a single problem. I'm not having any issues with my third party apps (Jivetalk, BBWeather, BBAlerts, Opera Mini 4.1 and BBSmart). Jivetalk worked just fine right out of the gate but I did do a lot of reading prior to the update and chose to install Docs To Go. No issues with BB Messenger. Nothing with regards to a memory leak as far as I can tell, but I'll keep my eyes on it. The only minor annoyances are having to re-tweak some personal preferences and having to reset my BBWeather profiles. Nothing major and overall the update has worked just fine. I will be looking forward to the official release.
    05-17-08 09:21 AM
    Oh, okay. I wasn't sure what you meant by that, and was just curious. Thanks for clearing it up for me. And not to be rude, but it is Fantom, not PHantom. My last name is Fant, and my first name starts with an M. Thanks again Jayden!!
    05-17-08 02:46 PM
677 ... 2324252627 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD