8310 here, e-mailed you

thanks in advance
    04-25-08 06:28 PM
    8310 here, e-mailed you

thanks in advance
    You should change your device in your profile to an 8310!
    04-25-08 07:09 PM
    Since upgrading to the beta 4.5.18, the H key in the message list does not work. I used to be able to press H in the message list and toggle between hiding and unhiding filed messages. I miss that feature.
    Last edited by mjr01746; 04-26-08 at 08:08 AM.
    04-26-08 07:46 AM
    You should change your device in your profile to an 8310!
    You're right. I am about to move back to Texas and just haven't had time.

It's now updated.
    04-26-08 08:03 AM
    The dimension plus theme is not compatible with 4.5. It will not remember your desktop settings. All other themes have no issues that I know of. Hope the fix that because that is my favorite theme.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-26-08 11:26 AM
    The dimension plus theme is not compatible with 4.5. It will not remember your desktop settings. All other themes have no issues that I know of. Hope the fix that because that is my favorite theme.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Are you talking about the BB Dimension Today Plus theme? If so, you are right and it is my fav. also. Too bad it doesn't work. Oh well, maybe in the final release, we will just have to wait and see!!!
    04-26-08 11:46 AM
    I have ver. 4.5.0.10 on my 8320 and I have to reset it every day because my SMS and the calls log are deleted. Does anyone knows how ti fix this problem?
    04-26-08 11:47 AM
    The following was posted by the Admin of CB... Please refrain from requesting/posting links for betas. This same post can be found here.

Hey All,

Just a quick note to remind everyone that Posting Links on How To Obtain Copies of Beta Software or Posting Requests to Be Sent Beta Software is not allowed on the CrackBerry forums, unless it is distributed by the vendor direct (i.e. a developer looking for Beta Testers).

Talking about Beta Software is Fine, but using the Forums as a Distribution Conduit for non-publicly available beta software is prohibited. You can assist the moderation team by: a) not posting these kind of links/messages and b) reporting any posts that break this rule.

This has been our policy since day one and while we have done our best to monitor this, the sheer volume of traffic in the forums makes it difficult to catch everything as it happens even with our best efforts. Your help and understanding is appreciated.

Here's to hoping the Beta Software everybody wants is Officially Released in final form soon!

- Admin
    04-26-08 01:43 PM
    Are you talking about the BB Dimension Today Plus theme? If so, you are right and it is my fav. also. Too bad it doesn't work. Oh well, maybe in the final release, we will just have to wait and see!!!
    I am having that problem also. Once I do a batt pull, or soft reset, I have to hide and unhide all my icons.
    04-26-08 03:33 PM
    I have loaded 4.5.0.18 onto my Blackberry Curve 8310 for AT&T and my gps won't work! I have gone to advanced options->gps->refresh gps but nothing will work. It refreshed showing 0 for everything.

I have tried standing outside for a while and hitting refresh to see if it can connect but its not working.

AT&T Navigator or Telenav won't work at all when I try to connect to it. It worked previously with 4.2 but not with 4.5. Also google Maps won't work with my gps either, I don't know how to get it to activate or work.

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions on how to get my gps to work let me know please thanks.
    04-27-08 01:13 PM
    I have in on my pearl 8100...Do I count??? I get an error when I try to play youtube mobile too! Everything else seems to be great though...over an hour to install as well!
    04-27-08 01:25 PM
    I have in on my pearl 8100...Do I count??? I get an error when I try to play youtube mobile too! Everything else seems to be great though...over an hour to install as well!
    04-27-08 01:26 PM
    Hey guys! Hope most of you like the beta OS, if not I sorry.
    And I still got my fingers crossed for the official release, soon.

About that "new" rules...
    To me it's very unfair for those people who to try out the beta OS, since they have been waiting patiently since last year for the official release, but sadly BlackBerry (or RIM) haven't release anything.

I can understand why that rule need to be enforced, and most the forum out there does not allow posting/requesting beta OS either. And I bet some of Mods have also tried out the beta OS too (please feel free to raise your hands).

To RIM... or whoever cares...
    We WANT TO test out those beta OS for you for FREE! And telling you what kind of problems are we having, do we like it or not...ect. So I guess is your lost.

To those people who want to try the beta OS...
    I'm very sorry, as you can see, now you can't even request the link. Since "some people" (yes, I'm pointing fingers) don't want us to have any fun. But trust me, if you search VERY HARD on Google, Torrent, Yahoo...ect, you would find the beta OS!

Again, you can't post links to the beta OS, or request it on the forum.
    (Thanks to the lovely rules >> BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com - Announcements in Forum : BlackBerry Discussion)

Feel free to email me at [email protected] if you have any question, "PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL ME IF YOU WANT LINK TO DOWNLOAD THE BETA OS." You can also feel free to PIN me, or just add me as friend.
    Last edited by Benny; 04-27-08 at 01:58 PM.
    04-27-08 01:56 PM
    hey benny, is there a way to get my gps to work on my blackberry curve 8310 for at&t? i have just loaded the 4.5.0.18 but it won't work no matter what i do. I tried at&t navigator/telenav, google maps 2.01, yahoo! go. nothing will read my gps no matter what. I've gone to the settings to try and refresh it but it comes back with nothing at all. if there a way to fix this?

also is it possible to get blackberry maps onto my curve or is it not possible? thanks.
    04-27-08 02:46 PM
    hey benny, is there a way to get my gps to work on my blackberry curve 8310 for at&t? i have just loaded the 4.5.0.18 but it won't work no matter what i do. I tried at&t navigator/telenav, google maps 2.01, yahoo! go. nothing will read my gps no matter what. I've gone to the settings to try and refresh it but it comes back with nothing at all. if there a way to fix this?

also is it possible to get blackberry maps onto my curve or is it not possible? thanks.

Hey,
    So far I haven't find a fix to the GPS, sorry.
    As for the BlackBerry Maps, you just have to re sent your "service books", you can call AT&T customer service to do that, or OLAM?
    04-27-08 02:56 PM
    AT&T disable BB Maps. Follow John Clark's optimizer and you can get BB Maps thru that. Then re-send service books.
    04-27-08 03:37 PM
    Hey, I was skimming throught the site and found this forum. Sounds pretty cool! I hadn't acctually heard of the new OS until just now. Any recomendations for articles and such on features? Like what's new…
    04-27-08 03:52 PM
    Hey, I was skimming throught the site and found this forum. Sounds pretty cool! I hadn't acctually heard of the new OS until just now. Any recomendations for articles and such on features? Like what's new�
    My 4.5 review - Adlen BlackBerry Downloads
    4.5 screenshots - Adlen BlackBerry Downloads
    DIGG Adlen BlackBerry Downloads!
    04-27-08 04:16 PM
    Great, thanks. The html email veiwer should be nice, 30/40 bucks for empower seems a bit steep just to see your full emails.
    My bb messenger was deleted by mistake and I haven't found a way to reinstall since it was part of os v. 4.2.x. Will the messanger be reinstalled with and update to v.4.5?
    04-27-08 04:29 PM
    It will, yes.

Plug your BB into your PC, dun Desktop Manager and run Application Loader, then check BB Mess.
    04-27-08 04:38 PM
    Hello guys i am new here and also a new Blackberry user since 3 weeks.

I have installed the Beta OS 4.5 and have one Problem with it. When i write a SMS then the reciever of the Message gets it directly on the Desktop an its not saved on the phone of the receiver. A Friend of mine call it a flash sms, can anyone help me?
    04-27-08 05:44 PM

Welcome 2 CB and I suggest doing a complete wipe of your device and re-installing. The GPS worked for me and works for my g/fs Curve 8310. I am about to try the GPS puck I purchased today.
    04-27-08 05:45 PM
    Thanks for your help! I got gps working after i did a complete wipe of my device.

I tried doing John Clark's optimizer for how to get bb maps to work, but it doesn't seem to work properly. Anyone know how?
    04-28-08 01:16 PM
    When you say it doesn't work properly, what do you mean?
    04-28-08 01:20 PM
    Sorry yea i didn't really specify. I tried to follow his directions with loading the KBS file onto a wordpad and getting rid of the things he describe in his thread like carrier details. But when i open up that file i don't see any of those things that he describes. There is no vendor ID of any sort.

</language>
    <directory SystemSize="normal">Java</directory>
    <fileset SystemSize="normal" Colour="True" Java="1.0">
    <files>
    net_rim_bb_lbs.cod
    net_rim_bb_lbs_api.cod
    </files>
    </fileset>
    <fileset SystemSize="normal" Java="1.0">
    <files>
    net_rim_bb_lbs_resource_en.cod
    </files>
    </fileset>
    <!-- Catalan files -->
    <fileset langid="0x0003" SystemSize="normal" Java="1.0">
    <files>
    net_rim_bb_lbs_resource_ca.cod
    </files>
    </fileset>
    <!-- Czech files -->
    <fileset langid="0x0005" SystemSize="normal" Java="1.0">
    <files>
    net_rim_bb_lbs_resource_cs.cod

^ that is what mine looks like above. It just shows a bunch of different languages and doesn't show any type of vendor. Does this have to do with the fact that I'm using 4.5 and not the at&t 4.2? thanks.
    04-28-08 01:41 PM
677 ... 2223242526 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD