can someone forward me the link to the beta for my spare 8320. send to [email protected]
    04-02-08 12:08 PM
    Great OS but how do you enable BB Maps? It is in the os and on my 8310 but no way to find the icon or enable the icon from the .alx
    04-02-08 12:13 PM
    Well.. just bought an 8310. Gonna load 4.5 on it to test it out and still have the 8300 for a backup
    04-02-08 04:20 PM
    Let me know how that goes I have an 8310 and want to update

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-02-08 05:24 PM
    ok i'm seriously pissed...i have that 4.5 update...everything was fine until i noticed one of my icons missing...i did the show all and it still didnt show the missing icon. So i did the shift+alt+del reset and its been tryna start up since 2pm and its presently 3:23am...13 hours and my phone hasnt started. wat can i do to restart my phone?? i even tried running the 4.2 update and it didn't work. i'm so screw...please someone help me...ANYBODY!!!
    Hopefully you've been able to get your Berry up and running again... but I am curious: do you still having the spinning hourglass/etc? What happened after you pulled the battery?
    04-02-08 07:22 PM
    Let me know how that goes I have an 8310 and want to update

Everything works fine for me SO FAR. Some of the menus seem to be a little slower to load. I like the new OEM browser a lot better but still prefer Opera 4.1. I have BBSmart for my e-mail so other than looking a bit different I haven't noticed a huge difference there. The video record feature is nice. Voice recording works well too. I love having a playlist with the music player. That's pretty huge for me. The OEM font for 4.5 seemed a bit jagged so I had to change the font to something better. Not sure if there was supposed to be an Excel to go or not, but I have Word and PowerPoint to go. Haven't full explored them yet. Will keep you guys updated if I find anything else.
    04-02-08 07:54 PM
    Everything works fine for me SO FAR. Some of the menus seem to be a little slower to load. I like the new OEM browser a lot better but still prefer Opera 4.1. I have BBSmart for my e-mail so other than looking a bit different I haven't noticed a huge difference there. The video record feature is nice. Voice recording works well too. I love having a playlist with the music player. That's pretty huge for me. The OEM font for 4.5 seemed a bit jagged so I had to change the font to something better. Not sure if there was supposed to be an Excel to go or not, but I have Word and PowerPoint to go. Haven't full explored them yet. Will keep you guys updated if I find anything else.
    Thanks... im getting the file but was gonna wait to update but if it works good for you ill prob do it.
    04-02-08 07:56 PM
    [QUOTE=yngblood;224509]Clark all I have to say is grow a pair. No one is in jeapardy. Leave your negative "$.02" for someone who cares

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com[/QUOTE

Wow, that was rude. But you probably don't care about that either. Mr. Clark is a valued poster around here.
    04-02-08 08:04 PM
    Thanks... im getting the file but was gonna wait to update but if it works good for you ill prob do it.
    Yeah works great so far. I will let you know if any problems come up.

Forgot to mention, I read where someone mentioned Vista and Bluetooth allowing for Dial Up and not sure if it was the Vista SP1 or OS 4.5. I have confirmed that it is in fact the OS 4.5 update that allows Vista users to connect with their Blackberry via bluetooth as a dial up connection.

Edit: Just noticed the first issue. After recording and then trying to playback a video, my Berry performed a "soft reset".
    Last edited by AUtigers350z; 04-02-08 at 08:09 PM.
    04-02-08 08:06 PM
    Yeah works great so far. I will let you know if any problems come up.

Forgot to mention, I read where someone mentioned Vista and Bluetooth allowing for Dial Up and not sure if it was the Vista SP1 or OS 4.5. I have confirmed that it is in fact the OS 4.5 update that allows Vista users to connect with their Blackberry via bluetooth as a dial up connection.
    That is awsome... Too bad i dont have vista on my computer anymore... i fried my processor and put my hdd in another computer to get data and accidentally wiped it.. o well i kind of like xp better.
    04-02-08 08:09 PM
    Clark all I have to say is grow a pair. No one is in jeapardy. Leave your negative "$.02" for someone who cares

Grow a pair?? That's all you can say? Go crawl back in your hole. If you look at my record of posts here you'll see I don't leave negative posts here. Why do you suppose the links are being taken down? Because sites that host them face legal action from RIM. Also, users who download from torrents risk virus infection as torrents are a popular place for viruses to be spread.

Load at your own risk. My only point is that publicly posting that you have the OS and that you will provide it via PM or email if asked violates RIM's copyrights. If you think it's a joke, it's not. They will (as they have before-I've seen it) do what they must to keep this spreading to a minimum.
    04-02-08 08:11 PM
    Clark all I have to say is grow a pair. No one is in jeapardy. Leave your negative "$.02" for someone who cares

haha take that clark
    04-02-08 08:12 PM
    Grow a pair?? That's all you can say? Go crawl back in your hole. If you look at my record of posts here you'll see I don't leave negative posts here. Why do you suppose the links are being taken down? Because sites that host them face legal action from RIM. Also, users who download from torrents risk virus infection as torrents are a popular place for viruses to be spread.

Load at your own risk. My only point is that publicly posting that you have the OS and that you will provide it via PM or email if asked violates RIM's copyrights. If you think it's a joke, it's not. They will (as they have before-I've seen it) do what they must to keep this spreading to a minimum.
    Thats why it says "load at your own risk" and they wont do anything, they are set to release it in the next week or two.
    04-02-08 08:18 PM
    msn messanger,opera and gamil does note work on mine...
    help anyone?
    Thanks
    04-02-08 08:18 PM
    haha take that clark
    Wow...so nice of you guys to resort to personal attacks on me.

I never said they'd do anything to you for loading it. I said people who advertise that they will provide it to you face legal action. Likely a cease and desist letter to the site owner to stop allowing it.
    Last edited by John Clark; 04-02-08 at 08:29 PM.
    04-02-08 08:26 PM
    Ok, whether we agree/disagree with JCs' comments, he has earned the right to state his opinion- regardless of the topic.

04-02-08 08:48 PM
    Ok, whether we agree/disagree with JCs' comments, he has earned the right to state his opinion- regardless of the topic.

Agreed. JC's advice on this site and blackberryforums.com has helped me more times than I can count. He knows more about Berries than most of us on this site (and probably others) combined!
    04-02-08 08:56 PM
    Update everyone... I now have 4.5 for 8800, 8820, and 8310... PIN me for them or email me [email protected]
    04-02-08 08:58 PM
    msn messanger,opera and gamil does note work on mine...
    help anyone?
    Thanks
    Haven't tried MSN Messenger, Opera 4.1 works fine for me, and I assume you mean G-Mail (haven't heard of gamil) which I haven't tried either. Everything else works fine.
    04-02-08 09:07 PM
    so the latest os for the 8310 is 4.5.0.10?
    04-02-08 09:08 PM
    so the latest os for the 8310 is 4.5.0.10?
    its still beta and its exact version is 4.5.0PL2.7.0.40 <-- Thats the one i have
    04-02-08 09:14 PM
    Seriously, this is amazing. I can't believe Crackberry has allowed this thread to keep going.

*shrugs*
    04-02-08 09:28 PM
    well im not sure on this but i believe it is because there are no live download links being posted.
    04-02-08 09:30 PM
    Yep, pretty amazing. I've even helped a few with installtion issues. I don't care who has it or gets it. Crackberry just shouldn't allow this blatent public sharing of the unreleased OS.
    04-02-08 09:48 PM
    Yea, it's one thing to get it somewhere and install it on your own BB (at risk of hosing your BB and getting it from an unknown, unsecure source), but quite another to blatenly pass it around and potentially contribute/cause harm to someone else's device.

Oh well, not my problem I guess.
    04-02-08 09:51 PM
677 ... 1011121314 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD