Hi guys!

Installing the OS now, but i noticed something real odd during the wait for device initialization phase, the first one. Before this when I was waiting, I saw the BB turn on so I looked at it and rolled the track wheel to keep the back light on, I saw it say wiping and do a progress bar then restart, then it said waiting to connect, well I did the same thing when I saw it restart only this time I saw jvm error 513 and restart underneath it.

I can tell you straight, all the glee and breath left my body. So I thought what have I to lose, so I pushed restart on the BB, and wouldn't you know it, the device started, gave the hour glass, and bang, same stupid error. I immediately restarted again, same error. Only the second time it only showed the error for only a few seconds before proceeding to install everything as though nothing was wrong. It also flew through the rest of the install, but took some time on the second initialization.

Just wanted to throw that out there for the greater good, even though I am not sure how it helps. Still waiting for the second initialization to hurry up and wait some more, but at least I am hopeful and gleeful again.

Here's to Youtube, a new browser, and homemade por... I mean capturing life's precious moments on video!

Thanks,

Ian
    04-01-08 01:00 AM
    You guys are killing me!!! I'm over here waiting patiently, I see this thread and well, I'm jealous...
    04-01-08 02:35 AM
    Are you using google map 2.0.3, downgrade it to 2.0.1 and it should work.
    and where can i find 2.01. I always find 2.03
    04-01-08 02:56 AM
    got the links in email, but it says file is unavailable for the 8320.
    04-01-08 07:11 AM
    got the links in email, but it says file is unavailable for the 8320.
    links for 8310 don't work either.
    04-01-08 07:18 AM
    Well, thank you Benny! I installed it yesterday and so far the only issues is the documents to go seem to not want to work right for me, so I took them off, and it does run a tiny bit slower. Oh and when I made a test video no one could figure out how to open it when I sent it. Nothing major seems to be wrong, so I'm very happy with it so far
    04-01-08 07:23 AM
    links for 8310 don't work either.
    i guess the news on that is that they're trying to get it sorted out...hopefully we'll have some good links soon.
    04-01-08 07:54 AM
    I am not sure if it is OS 4.5 or Vista SP1 but I can use my blackberry 8310 as an IP modem again using Bluetooth with Vista!
    04-01-08 08:57 AM
    All the links are temporarily unavailable.

Watch this space......
    04-01-08 08:59 AM
    I don't know if it's already been addressed by Benny but YES - we ARE having problems with all of our links. We are trying to sort it out ASAP so give a few hours before using the ""some email address"

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Bla1ze; 04-26-08 at 05:58 PM.
    04-01-08 09:12 AM
    got mine last night! It has now flaws whatsoever except for when the battery is pulled out, the icons reset themselves. I can live with that. Thanks to everyone for all there help!
    04-01-08 09:24 AM
    Ok so i got the bata version from a friend on CB the first time i tried to upgrade it, it gave me a weird error message. I had to uninstall 4.5 from my pc and reload 4.2. once this was done i tried the upgrade again and it worked fine this time. Email looks a lot better (not sure if html is included in the beta) and the internet looks better. it includes a small mouse in internet now. After all said and done I do like the 4.5 upgrade and would do it again.
    04-01-08 09:37 AM
    ok i have installed the OS4.5 on my 8320 and got most of my stuff working - youtube, data to go, new address book, headset equalizer, but no html since i'm on BIS but i cant get soft reset working....any ideas?

btw i dont know if my OS is the one that Alden is spreading the wealth to.
    04-01-08 09:44 AM
    Is there a 4.5 for 8100? I've seen pictures and people claim to have it..but this is only 4.3 for pearl.
    04-01-08 10:32 AM
    I downloaded the file and can see it in the Shared Files but the DM can't seem to find it.
    I am running Vista -
    Any ideas?
    Thanks!
    04-01-08 10:51 AM
    Now that it is working and installed, why is the docs to go folder empty?
    04-01-08 11:17 AM
    I tried DL yesterday but it was outrageously slow...I hope the links get re-established because I'd still like to try...
    04-01-08 11:35 AM
    Has anyone successfully installed this on an 8300? I REALLY want to do this and I have the 8320 version installed on my PC, but I can't get DM (4.3) to prompt for install. I saw posts from two people saying they got errors when trying to do it with 8300. This sucks!
    04-01-08 11:36 AM
    I just put 4.5 on my mom's berry, she's a happy little camper, other than having to rehide everything She is just as pleased as I am, and she already knew not to have the docs on, I'm always the guinea pig for her
    04-01-08 11:47 AM
    Now that it is working and installed, why is the docs to go folder empty?
    because you dont have any documents to look at.....did you add one to your documents folder?
    04-01-08 11:47 AM
    I don't believe the links will be available anymore...if you look where it says ---Reasons for this may include...the file was deleted because of violating our terms of service. Guess I missed out!
    04-01-08 11:52 AM
    There is no update for the 8300. (Yet)
    8320 and 8310 only.
    04-01-08 11:52 AM
    There is no update for the 8300. (Yet)
    8320 and 8310 only.
    do they have it for the 8100?
    cuz thats what i have and i already downloaded the 4.5 OS on my computer....
    04-01-08 12:27 PM
    I have 4.5 installed (on 8320) and everything appears to be working well except I am not sure if Docs to go is working properly. I was reading in the setup that you should be able to launch and save the docs from an email attachment but that is not functioning. Has anyone else been able to get that feature to work? Please let me know.
    04-01-08 01:02 PM
    I have 4.5 installed (on 8320) and everything appears to be working well except I am not sure if Docs to go is working properly. I was reading in the setup that you should be able to launch and save the docs from an email attachment but that is not functioning. Has anyone else been able to get that feature to work? Please let me know.

Right. I don't believe it has full functionality (opening and saving docs from email) just yet, at least it doesn't for me. It probably won't until the official OS is released and even then, there may be a fee attached to obtain a premium license that would unlock certain features (creating a new doc, for example). That said, I have been able to view, edit, and save Word docs that I've placed onto my media card. The current D2G doesn't appear to support Office 2007 so Word 2007 docs cannot be opened from a media card at present.
    04-01-08 02:10 PM
677 ... 7891011 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD