Also for those that have been using it for a day or so, how's battery life?

Has it increased/decreased?
    03-29-08 01:15 PM
    Nevermind, I reread a link from one of the members reminding everyone that HTML e-mails will not work - unless your on the BES. Hopefully , when the actual release comes out , we'll have a complete package.
    Right. If I remember Sems' response correctly, BIS 2.5 is tentatively scheduled to come out this summer and hopefully would address the html viewer issues. I was hoping that there was an easier, faster fix in the meantime or that there was an app I could buy that wasn't having the problems that BBSmart seems to be having with 4.5 so far. Who knows? Maybe it's already been addressed and there's a BBSmart upgrade rollout scheduled to coincide with the official 4.5 OS release.
    03-29-08 01:20 PM
    I can say that as of right now, i am having VERY sporatic service, switching from EDGE to edge and then GPRS back to EDGE, in a matter of a minute.

Also, In my house i always have 5 bars, or -58db of service and today with the 4.5 its bouncing from EDGE and -58dbm to edge and -78dbm to GPRS and -93dbm.

Maybe its because of the outage or something, but its odd...
    03-29-08 01:22 PM
    i havent had any problems with version 4.5 im in love with my bb all over again.
    03-29-08 04:07 PM
    On this version of DocumentsToGo, Excel is not part of it. On the FULL version, then yes.

On a separate note, WiFi seems to KILL the battery! Rather annoying...

is anyone missing the excel part to documents to go? i have word and slides but not excel? still no luck with youtube. (dont have wifi).
    03-29-08 04:19 PM
    Uninstall it from your pc, reboot, and then try again...

I downloaded it and get a syntax error on line one when I when I try to add it thru the app loader...Anybody else have this problem?
    03-29-08 04:20 PM
    I too have a curve 8310 and is looking to get the 4.3 for my phone. Can anyone help me.
    [email protected] or 2444594f
    Thank you

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-29-08 04:27 PM
    I've been happy so far with 4.5. I've honestly noticed a slight increase in the speed of the BB browser as well as opera mini.

I'm kindve saddened to see that they removed my favorite font. (System)

I will try the camcorder later today. The voice recorder is a very welcomed feature.

03-29-08 04:52 PM
    Another thing I just noticed how clean looking the email is now, much nicer now!

03-29-08 05:08 PM
    Working well for the most part. Can't play my mp4 videos that 4.2.2 could play.....plays 3gp though. Also, for the comment about html mail, for the millionth time, it is NOT in 4.5, it will be releast with BES sp6 and OS 4.6 (likely BIS 2.6 also)

03-29-08 06:14 PM
    Working well for the most part. Can't play my mp4 videos that 4.2.2 could play.....plays 3gp though. Also, for the comment about html mail, for the millionth time, it is NOT in 4.5, it will be releast with BES sp6 and OS 4.6 (likely BIS 2.6 also)

03-29-08 06:25 PM

03-29-08 06:35 PM
    I have a T-Mobile 8320 Titanium running 4.5. The problem is it keeps blanking out every few seconds and then coming back on. Anyone experience this issue? I can't do anything without it turning off on me.
    03-29-08 07:52 PM
    Ooooo I love the new wallpapers under the "preloaded pictures" section.
    03-29-08 08:01 PM
    So far 4.5 doesn't seem that much different than 4.3. Can't find native saving from attachements (does it need BES to enable it?). Also, 4.2.2 will play my mp4 videos, 4.3 and 4.5 no such luck, only 3gp videos work, bit choppy to though. Everything else looks good

03-29-08 08:14 PM
    yeah...what's the verdict with the saving attachments? can't do it huh? i need that feature so bad. want to be able to save stuff to micro sd card.

trying to check out efile pro by dynoplex right now...i think it does that. but their ota file on their site is giving me trouble at the moment.
    03-29-08 08:30 PM
    Could someone please send me link for 8310. Thank you!
    2431CD89

03-29-08 08:33 PM
    anyone else having the blanking screen issue on their 8320 with the 4.5 OS?
    03-29-08 08:38 PM
    On this version of DocumentsToGo, Excel is not part of it. On the FULL version, then yes.

On a separate note, WiFi seems to KILL the battery! Rather annoying...
    Hmm. I'll have to keep an eye on that. I've been running WiFi the same as I usually do and it doesn't seem to be draining the battery any more or less than usual.

Other observations:

I like the changes in formatting to the calendar and address book. Color codings in Outlook for different appointments (if that's something you do) now carry over to the BB calendar.

Also...if you receive an email with a pic attachment and open the attachment, whenever the email's opened again, you can see a thumbnail of the pic at the bottom of the message. Additionally, if you have a picture saved in Outlook's address book for someone, that person's pic appears in the "From" header for any email they send you. Very cool.
    03-29-08 08:41 PM
    Would love a link/copy of the 4.5 OS for my TMobile 8320 por favor. Many thanks in advance. [email protected] !!!!!
    03-29-08 08:42 PM
    BB 8320 Curve
    T-Mobile

Upgrade was simple. Took about 45 min - Hour

When the device was finally up and running, the service was horrible.. Took about an hour to register and activate.
    Now its running great.. WiFi seems to be more reliable and faster for internet browsing..
    Cant seem to get AIM to connect - error "Service not enabled for this handheld".
    After using the video camera, immediately discarding any shot videos, and taking some stills (saved to sd card) the camera had memory issues and would not start up.. Had to shut down device.

LOVE the clean sans font, and the minor adjustments in UI..

Any advice as far as why AIM wont connect?

Also, i cant seem to find BBMaps, in the application list it lists that it is installed.... any advice would be great
    Thanks!
    Last edited by seandon01; 03-29-08 at 08:53 PM. Reason: forgot to ask a question
    03-29-08 08:47 PM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm rocking the 8320. Got the video and voice redorder, browser kicks a@s! Watching youtube and loving it. Blackberry maps, no. However I had to re-download google maps and the first time I launched it, it told me where I was, meaning the GPS was working without having to purchase the bluetooth puck and telenav service. Loving the L theme too!
    I doubt you've got GPS, bigvike. If you select "My Location" and you get a box at the bottom that says, 'My approximate location to within...', you don't have true GPS, but a cell tower approximation of your location. GPS is simply not built into the T-Mo 8320.
    03-29-08 09:09 PM
    Can someone please PIN me or send me the link for the 4.5 for 8310 Curve
    Thanks

pin: 2447C62F OR [email protected]

Thanks
    03-29-08 09:37 PM
    Has anyone successfully streamed with Orb?
    03-29-08 09:56 PM
    Has anyone tried to put a 8gig memory card to see if it will read it?
    03-29-08 09:56 PM
677 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD