A message one of my friends broadcasted to me on BBM (purple text):

Blackberry BBM Messages are not sending sometimes. Our Systems has failed to have fixed this problem for some Blackberry Pins. Please Broadcast this to all of your contacts so they know about this technical fault. If you don't Broadcast this message we will reset your Blackberry Services as we might think that you have this Blackberry BBM Message problem. Any more Faults... Call ethier your sim provider or Blackberry Customer Services on 09042562206
    Sftbc but the number works. BBM is shutting down at 12:00. 0clock tonight if you don't broadcast this you'll loose your contact. Message from Jim Balsamic (CEO of RIM. Blackberry) we have had an over usage of user names on Blackberry Messenger. We are requesting all users to forward this message to their entire contact list. If you do not forward this message, we will take it as your account is invalid and it will be deleted within the next 48 hours. Please DO NOT ignore this message or blackberry will no longer recognise your pin. If you wish to re-activate your account after it has been deleted, a charge of 25.00 will be added to your monthly bill. We are also aware of the issue involving the pictures updates not showing. We are working diligently at fixing this problem and it will be up and running as soon as possible. Thank you for your cooperation

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-18-11 06:11 PM
    You would be surprised at how many of these pop up on the forums asking if they are real or not. Some people just don't get it I guess.
    07-18-11 06:25 PM
    Whoa! Mr Vinegar himself..... Jim Balsamic!!
    01itr likes this.
    07-18-11 06:31 PM
    Short answer is yes. I really hate having these things sent to me.
    07-18-11 07:15 PM
    Got one today

thankfully only one,
    Once I explain how PIN broadcasting works through the carriers they see that BBM would never be a means to transmit a message to users.
    07-18-11 07:43 PM
    Jim Balsamic! Mmmmm tasty?
    07-18-11 08:04 PM
    Not him again. I thought he gave up and started hangin out with Popeye. You know all that spinach! Those guys need to give it a rest.

07-18-11 09:56 PM
    Whoa! Mr Vinegar himself..... Jim Balsamic!!
    LOL nice!

But yes truthfully it's all BS BBM messages....
    07-18-11 10:04 PM
    i get these damn messages often... they are nothing new.. i remember them on hotmail, they are like a modern chain letter. but these blackberry ones are gettin to be too much. it started out that only one or two really gullable friends would send them out and many of my contacts would say its fake, i dont beleive it. and as time went on and the threats of loosing contacts got more severe and started saying it would cost u $$ those same ppl who were "too smart" to fall for that, have started fallin for it. they are so obviously fake so ive been tryin to contact blackberry to get a official denial of the messages. id love them to just release a memo so i could broadcast that to hopefully end the madness
    07-18-11 11:54 PM
    Ooh, I'll have to put some Balsamic vinegar on my salad.

I'll have a BBM friend for dinner with a salad with Balsamic vinegar and a fine Chianti. Maybe I'll have some Fava beans too.
    Blacklatino likes this.
    07-19-11 12:02 AM
    Ooh, I'll have to put some Balsamic vinegar on my salad.

I'll have a BBM friend for dinner with a salad with Balsamic vinegar and a fine Chianti. Maybe I'll have some Fava beans too.
    Whoever sent the BBM should have their liver eaten!

Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-19-11 12:09 AM
    I delete anyone who sends me crap like that lol.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk
    07-19-11 12:11 AM
    (Shrugs) It happens. I only see it being sent from the newbies on BBM. I delete it and keep moving. Happens twice, then I'll hit the delete button. I ignore that BS the same as all of the RIM is going under threads.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-19-11 12:33 AM
    I got that exact same msg from a friend today. Told her that's not Jim's last name and it's a spam.

07-19-11 12:58 AM
    Could somebody pass this to mr Balsamic to see if this is authentic?
    07-19-11 05:10 AM
    Haha. I got this one this morning. Had a pretty good laugh when I saw the name.

07-19-11 05:23 AM
    I need to foreward this message to my new friend in Nigeria.

He's a prince and is having a tough time lately. He even needs my help to get his money out of his country.

It would really be too much if he were to have his BBM account closed too.

After all, what are friends for?

01itr likes this.
    07-19-11 06:06 AM
    I need to foreward this message to my new friend in Nigeria.

He's a prince and is having a tough time lately. He even needs my help to get his money out of his country.

It would really be too much if he were to have his BBM account closed too.

After all, what are friends for?

Seems we have a mutual friend. Such a giving person.....for a fee. I bet he also has prime beach property for sale in Arkansas.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    07-19-11 09:36 AM
    For some reason reading a message appears more legit than some stranger on your porch telling you to give them money. Almost all of the people that have fallen for a internet scam would never have handed a person they didn't know a dime. Silly!

07-19-11 09:55 AM
    Seems we have a mutual friend. Such a giving person.....for a fee. I bet he also has prime beach property for sale in Arkansas.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    Indeed he does. Reasonably priced too.

I bought 2 tracts from him yesterday. He promised that once he escaped Nigeria he would buy them back from me at a good profit for me.

I think he has some left if you're interested. Lol

07-19-11 10:02 AM
    I do get this a lot, I don't read it
    And I hate IT

07-19-11 10:10 AM
    For some reason reading a message appears more legit than some stranger on your porch telling you to give them money. Almost all of the people that have fallen for a internet scam would never have handed a person they didn't know a dime. Silly!

Really? I just delete and keep moving - which makes it as humorous as someone from Nigeria or South Africa sending SPAM....no it's not the same, but, just as funny to me.
    Back on topic:
    I've never gotten one of those messages from any of the "crackberry-addicts" that I've known since I joined this site- including numerous cool members(some are now MODs) on here. None have never/ever sent or forwarded any of those described messages to me. Again, not that heavy for me.
    Indeed he does. Reasonably priced too.

I bought 2 tracts from him yesterday. He promised that once he escaped Nigeria he would buy them back from me at a good profit for me.

I think he has some left if you're interested. Lol

(Thinking while Jeopardy theme playing)Ummmmmmm.......Hmmmmmm.......I'll pass.
    07-19-11 10:32 AM
    This silly thing has been going around since the first BBM 5 leak, if I recall correctly. I remember posts dating back at least that far.

Actually had a friend ask about this yesterday, saw the text and I don't even think that has changed.

07-19-11 10:36 AM
    This silly thing has been going around since the first BBM 5 leak, if I recall correctly. I remember posts dating back at least that far.

Actually had a friend ask about this yesterday, saw the text and I don't even think that has changed.

I first got that silly message when BBM 5 leaked. It looks like the exact same message is recirculating, just like some of those "Win a free laptop" emails that have a habit of making the rounds every couple of years.
    07-19-11 12:07 PM
    I delete people for that too... Just another form of spam and if people aren't smart enough to know that then I don't want them on my list sending to me

07-19-11 12:12 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD