I currentl own a pearl which I really like but I the connection where my battery plugs in is giving me problems the phone is insured so I can get a replacement no problem but I also qualify for an upgrade. I'm thinking about switching to a curve. Can someone give me some comparisons of the two. Such as features one may have and the other does not. I like the compact size of the pearl but think I will like the full keyboard on the curve.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-06-08 05:13 PM
    There are several threads dedicated to this topic, so CB is definitely the right place to find your answers.

Essentially, the Curve offers a larger display with better resolution, a full qwerty keypad as opposed to SureType, and 96MB of memoury as opposed to the traditional 64MB - definitely the best reason to upgrade, IMHO.

The Curve is a great phone and to me, the size is perfect. Trust me - you can't go wrong.

BUT - another thing to consider is that the Storm should be released this year. Research it and I guarantee that you will want to wait for its release.
    10-06-08 05:15 PM
    I have both as well. I really liked the size of the Pearl for running around and throwing your phone in your jeans pocket.

I opted however to stick with the Curve because I really missed having a full keyboard----and I really do like the bigger screen. I watch videos and look at photos quite a bit and there's just no comparison.

Other than that the phones are really very much the same. Virtually all of the same accessories for holsters, chargers, skins, etc. are available for both models so for me it really came down to screen and keyboard and frankly that was enough.

It's probably why I'm so excited about the Javelin/Niagra(CDMA version). It's smaller than the Curve but has a large screen and full keyboard. But considering we're on Verizon we'll probably be waiting a while.

Hope that helped.
    10-06-08 05:21 PM
    Thanks for the input glad to know they are pretty much the same phones except for the size. I think I will probably switch. Just for the keyboard and bigger screen. I to like to watch videos and browse the web I hardly usse my computer for that any more I can do most of what I need from my phone. Thanks again

10-06-08 06:07 PM
    This weekend I upgraded from the pearl to the curve. I love it. Still getting used to typing but love the amount of memory and the larger screen and full keyboard. I am a mom on the go and was used to throwing my pearl in my jeans pocket and going. I can still do that...it's not THAT much bigger. Good luck on whatever you choose. You really can't go wrong in my opinion.

10-06-08 06:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD