Ok so here is my issue.... i have a pearl now and I love it, but i have the opportunity to upgrade to a curve. I was just curious on what everyone opinion is.... pros and cons would be helpful....

Thx
    05-15-08 03:48 PM
    if you do a search in the forums, there are several threads that address your issue... hope this helps.
    05-15-08 04:25 PM
    Depends if you're a power user or not. If you type a lot of emails, use your calendar, etc. you will be much happier with the full keyboard and larger screen. I went from a Pearl to the Curve, and it is night and day. I used to pause before I would enter a task, or reply to an email because it was soooooo painful to use that suretype on the Pearl. I've got my Curve sitting right here next to the Pearl, and they look to be identical in width and height. The only difference is the Curve is wider to allow for the full sized keyboard and larger screen. WAY worth it, imho.
    05-15-08 04:45 PM
    well i have a Pearl 8100 and 2morrow
    im upgrading to a Pearl 8110 so i mean i would do that if i was you.
    and besides the Pearl 8110,8120 are newer than the Curve & att is offering both the new gsm pearls.
    also in my opinion the Curve is not attractive!
    this guy with a Blue Pearl teased another dude with a Titanium Curve!
    hilarious!!
    05-15-08 04:52 PM
    I've had both...the Curve blows the Pearl away hands down! Fits perfectly in my pocket too...
    05-15-08 04:56 PM
    I like the smaller pearl the curve is to big for me
    05-15-08 05:01 PM
    this guy with a Blue Pearl teased another dude with a Titanium Curve!
    hilarious!!
    Hilarious indeed...

Anyway, to the author of this post, I'd get the Curve. I'm sure the Pearl is a great phone but if you get the Curve you'll never look back. In addition to the larger screen and full qwerty keyboard, I think it definitely stands out more than the Pearl, which looks like a regular candybar phone to me. Unlike the person I quoted however, I think you'll attract many more jealous stares than laughs.
    05-15-08 05:13 PM
    I don't like the keys on the Curve, too small.
    05-15-08 05:13 PM
    No doubt about it the Curve is the best BB to date except for maybe the Bold but I don't know about that yet, but I do know the Pearl sucks. And another plus for the new Curves (8330) is the 96 megs. Pearls don't have that!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-15-08 06:20 PM
    Why is it that curve owners always want to trash the pearl? Just cuz something's not what you like it doesn't mean it sucks. I HAD a curve but I preferred the pearl so I sold it to a friend who replaced his 8800 with it. Now he's getting the 9000 and he's giving the curve to his wife who's replacing her pearl with it. It's all preference. IMHO none of the berries "suck", they just meet different people's needs.
    05-15-08 06:27 PM
    Get the curve!
    05-15-08 06:34 PM
    I like my Pearl also. My nephew has the curve and I was trying it today, aside from the larger screen nothing else makes me want to change I like the size and form factor of my Pearlie Baby.
    05-15-08 07:37 PM
    I like my Pearl also. My nephew has the curve and I was trying it today, aside from the larger screen nothing else makes me want to change I like the size and form factor of my Pearlie Baby.
    I gotta agree, loved the extra memory and the bigger screen, didn't like the tiny keys and the size was awkward to me.
    05-15-08 10:02 PM
    I was very hesitant to change, but glad I did. Screen size, more memory and all the buttons. The Pearl is very nice. For me the Curve just fits.
    05-15-08 10:28 PM
    Why is it that curve owners always want to trash the pearl? Just cuz something's not what you like it doesn't mean it sucks. I HAD a curve but I preferred the pearl so I sold it to a friend who replaced his 8800 with it. Now he's getting the 9000 and he's giving the curve to his wife who's replacing her pearl with it. It's all preference. IMHO none of the berries "suck", they just meet different people's needs.

agreed!
    but 1 more thing.
    the Curve is UGLY compared to the the Pearl.
    The Pearl is CUTE, SHINY, & PETITE like 1 of those FINE video girls.
    The Pearl wins hands down in looks and the Curve is no better when
    comes to features accept the screen and the Pearl has a large screen also
    05-15-08 11:00 PM
    My fiance was looking to replace her piece of junk razor with a bb after she saw my 8820. She got the pearl for the size and absolutely hates sure type. Definitely go with the curve.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-15-08 11:13 PM
    agreed!
    but 1 more thing.
    the Curve is UGLY compared to the the Pearl.
    The Pearl is CUTE, SHINY, & PETITE like 1 of those FINE video girls.
    The Pearl wins hands down in looks and the Curve is no better when
    comes to features accept the screen and the Pearl has a large screen also
    Haha, I guess its not just Curve owners that "trash" the other BlackBerries. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion I suppose, but I love how you use caps to try and pass off your opinions as facts. I created a poll a couple weeks ago asking about the best looking model, and the Curve "won hands down." It had approximately 5x as many votes as the Pearl.

As I've said before, I'm sure the Pearl is a great phone, but I've never had one. From what I've seen though, it doesn't stand out, and if I'm paying as much as I do for a data plan and the device, I want a phone that grabs attention; the Curve does that. And I also, as a guy, don't want a phone that is "CUTE and PETITE," lol...
    05-16-08 12:39 AM
    Haha, I guess its not just Curve owners that "trash" the other BlackBerries. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion I suppose, but I love how you use caps to try and pass off your opinions as facts. I created a poll a couple weeks ago asking about the best looking model, and the Curve "won hands down." It had approximately 5x as many votes as the Pearl.

As I've said before, I'm sure the Pearl is a great phone, but I've never had one. From what I've seen though, it doesn't stand out, and if I'm paying as much as I do for a data plan and the device, I want a phone that grabs attention; the Curve does that. And I also, as a guy, don't want a phone that is "CUTE and PETITE," lol...
    besides im bi so i like girly things anyway
    but since yur such MANLY then why would you want a phone named CURVE?
    sounds so so feminine..
    the Pearl does stand out and i love its gloss! haha
    i always have peeps wanting to see my phone and saying how cute it is! and how they want 1
    even though its scratched up on the sides!
    just cause the Curve has a full QWERTY doesn't make it better.

but hopefully i get my Red Pearl 8110 today!!
    Last edited by enyahs_shayne09; 05-16-08 at 12:54 AM.
    05-16-08 12:46 AM
    the Pearl does stand out with its gloss! haha
    its like sayin a white person is better than a black person just cause they skin is white..
    the Pearl stands out!
    Okay I'm sorry to push my way into this little argument that seems to be going on here -- but I came to this thread to get some feedback because I too am choosing between the pearl and the curve... THIS, however, is just plain ignorant. I'm mixed black/german and I don't feel the need to compare my race to a phone even if someone is bashing my preference... How are race and technology even comparable???!!!
    05-16-08 12:51 AM
    You got me; "curve" is such a feminine word! It's such an improvement over my old phone, though; the "Razr." I mean, women shave using razors right? What was I thinking owning such a phone!?!?

its like sayin a white person is better than a black person just cause they skin is white..
    Oh, please. Don't even get me started. This is not an argument as we're trying to advise someone so don't even TRY to turn this into a racial issue. Black and white people have one difference: color. The keyboards have many differences; size, number of buttons, letters per button, proximity of the buttons, etc. Don't even try that. And as she (^^^) said, you can't compare race and phones anyway.
    05-16-08 12:52 AM
    Okay I'm sorry to push my way into this little argument that seems to be going on here -- but I came to this thread to get some feedback because I too am choosing between the pearl and the curve... THIS, however, is just plain ignorant. I'm mixed black/german and I don't feel the need to compare my race to a phone even if someone is bashing my preference... How are race and technology even comparable???!!!
    yo sorry bout that..
    just tryna make a point but i took it off
    05-16-08 12:54 AM
    You got me; "curve" is such a feminine word! It's such an improvement over my old phone, though; the "Razr." I mean, women shave using razors right? What was I thinking owning such a phone!?!?

Oh, please. Don't even get me started. This is not an argument as we're trying to advise someone so don't even TRY to turn this into a racial issue. Black and white people have one difference: color. The keyboards have many differences; size, number of buttons, letters per button, proximity of the buttons, etc. Don't even try that. And as she (^^^) said, you can't compare race and phones anyway.
    dont forget men use razors too so it balanced out!
    haha!
    but you associate women with curves!
    and 1ce again sorry bout the racial thing so whatev
    but you should give suretype a try especially coming from a numeric keypad such as the razr so you have liked the suretype
    05-16-08 12:57 AM
    Okay so hopefully ya'll settled that one? I don't mean to come off as rude or as a mediator but really...?!?!

Now how about you both civilly and intelligibly tell everyone who wants to know about the pearl and the curve some real facts on the phones so that we can make the best choice for us Thanks guys. No hard feelings.
    05-16-08 12:58 AM
    they both are the same under the hood.

the curve is
    bigger
    QWERTY
    more smarty looking(nerd!!)

the pearl is
    smaller
    suretype
    more prettier lookin(yes i kno its not word but whatev)

those are just looks but im going to stop being immature and let a pro describe the 2 better.
    my advice is go with what you like!
    they both are BlackBerries thats all that matters
    just sibling rivalry
    but either way you will be happy with either one!
    unless you dont get the hang of suretype!!
    Last edited by enyahs_shayne09; 05-16-08 at 01:11 AM.
    05-16-08 01:08 AM
    Thanks Shayne...

I don't want to start going off on a tangent here with questions since the originator of this thread asked about pros and cons and actually owns a pearl.. I have a thread going on here called 'help me pick my first blackberry' if you could answer some of my questions there about the pearl that'd be great? Mostly about Suretype and web browsing on the pearl??
    05-16-08 01:13 AM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD