Well as usual I have gadget envy. I just got an Env then went to the pearl and now really want a curve when they are available for Verizon. The only thing stopping me is the $$$. Because I already upgraded to the Pearl from the Env I was able to get it for $99. But if i upgrade to the Curve I know its going to cost me a chunk of change. If I happen to get a Curve can I use them both by swapping out the sim from phone to phone? can you do that with Verizon??

I do like the curve but I find the internal memory lacking for sure. I only have a few apps on it. Google sync...Google maps and Viigo and my free memory sucks.

Just venting here LOL
    sLY
    04-27-08 12:56 PM
    Verizon is a CDMA carrier, there is no removable SIM card.

For me, it was the fit of the Curve in my hand and the larger screen, made my mind up in a heart beat.
    04-27-08 01:43 PM
    Wife has a Pearl I have a Curve. Both are nice I prefer the full keyboard on my curve. That is the only reason I would not get a Pearl.
    04-27-08 01:47 PM
    I had a pearl...loved it. Now I have a curve...love it too!

I prefer the larger size, bigger screen and qwerty keypad of the curve.
    04-27-08 01:54 PM
    I don't mind the pearl when it comes to typing. I am quite fast. But the larger screen and memory will probably make me switch in time. .

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-27-08 01:55 PM
    msly,

I am in the exact same boat as you! I upgraded from the 7130e to the Pearl in January. Now I have total Curve envy... I keep trying to get someone to talk me out of wanting the curve!

I have played with my boss's Curve and wasn't thrilled with it, but now I'm completely convinced that I want it.

I shouldn't do it... I shouldn't do it... I shouldn't do it... I shouldn't do it... Someone STOP me!!
    04-27-08 06:33 PM
    The curve has larger display, full qwerty..curve hands down!!

04-27-08 06:54 PM
    I give another vote for the Curve I like the size of it better than the Pearl--screen size and full keyboard.
    04-27-08 07:00 PM
    I love my curve, I see a lot of people with the pearl but it doesnt really catch my eye as much as a curve does.

And it's a lot easier for me to type on a qwerty.
    05-03-08 12:49 PM
    chalk another one up for the curve from me. curve all the way!!
    05-03-08 12:54 PM
    I love my curve, I see a lot of people with the pearl but it doesnt really catch my eye as much as a curve does.

And it's a lot easier for me to type on a qwerty.
    LOL total opposite. I hated the Curve keyboard.
    05-03-08 05:32 PM
    The suretype is actually the only thing I (kinda) miss after switching to the Curve.

But the Curve is awesome. Love it.
    05-03-08 05:35 PM
    Chaz, we are the few that love the SureType.

Honestly, I can type faster as the keys are bigger and all my words are in the dictionary.

I would say stick with the Pearl for now, but if you really want a bigger screen and QWERTY, then go for it.
    05-03-08 08:39 PM
    Chaz, we are the few that love the SureType.
    I do too... I started my addiction a couple of years ago with a 7130e and upgraded to a Pearl about 4 months ago. My boss has a new Curve and I've played a bit with hers trying to fall in love with the QWERTY that everyone is so crazy about and I just can't seem to do it. I can type very quickly with sure type!!
    05-03-08 08:51 PM
    I love my pink pearl. A bigger screen and full keyboard is not enough to make me change to a curve.

05-03-08 09:10 PM
    Add me to the list that adores Suretype.
    05-03-08 10:17 PM
    To each their own its what rocks your boat for me its the curve

05-04-08 07:54 PM
    I had the Curve and then switched carriers to Alltel and got the 8130 Pearl had it for 2 months and had to switch back to T-Mobile and get the Curve again. Had I not switched back to T-Mobile I would have been forking out the $500 to $600 to get the Curve on Alltel.

I liked the small size of the Pearl but really missed the large screen and QWERTY.
    05-04-08 08:10 PM
    Yay! We got 4 SureType soldiers...

Hard to find them these days....

I do like the Curve more, but typing, Pearl hands down.
    05-04-08 08:24 PM
    I upgraded to the pearl a month ago and I'm starting to get use to the typing and I must say I love my Pearl. I guess I specially love the size and that it fits everywhere, the curve looks cool but I don't like the width. I love how the pearl fits in my small hands.
    05-04-08 09:03 PM
    If they did something Curve sized with the Pearls keyboard, that would be my perfect device.
    05-04-08 09:31 PM
    I like the look of both of them, but I must say I prefer my Curve.
    05-04-08 09:37 PM
    Curve...no doubt.

I have this weird thing against the pearl... It is like a frappacino to coffee... Just isn't the same!
    05-04-08 09:51 PM
    Curve...no doubt.

I have this weird thing against the pearl... It is like a frappacino to coffee... Just isn't the same!
    Maybe that's why I prefer it - I hate coffee but love me a frappacino.
    05-04-08 09:58 PM
    Someone give me a free verizon curve!!!!

05-04-08 10:11 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD