Still trying to decide what to do..I really love my Pearl..
    I can type really fast with the keyboard..but keep hearing good things about the Curve..I should just go play with one again..
    05-05-08 07:38 AM
    add me to the suretype list also!
    i prefer suretype on any phone.
    compact qwerty keypad so you can sport a small stylish phone!!!
    pure awesome!!
    Last edited by enyahs_shayne09; 05-05-08 at 08:19 AM.
    05-05-08 08:17 AM
    the pearl looks like any other ordinary phone to me where as the curve is in a class of its own.
    05-05-08 08:39 AM
    Excuse my stupidity, as I am a newbie to BB. I own a Pearl 8130. Does the Curve not have the Suretype feature that predicts words? Why wouldn't the CUrve have that feature available? It seems like a convenient time-saving feature.
    05-05-08 08:41 AM
    Excuse my stupidity, as I am a newbie to BB. I own a Pearl 8130. Does the Curve not have the Suretype feature that predicts words? Why wouldn't the CUrve have that feature available? It seems like a convenient time-saving feature.
    The Curve does not have SureType because it is a full QWERTY keyboard, making SureType unnecessary.

But put me in the SureType camp. That is the one area I think the Pearl beats the Curve (for me at least)
    05-05-08 08:49 AM
    Even with the full keyboard isn't it a convenience to not have to finish typing the entire word and chose the desired word from a list?
    05-05-08 08:53 AM
    Even with the full keyboard isn't it a convenience to not have to finish typing the entire word and chose the desired word from a list?
    Yea, I just wish (unless I haven't found an option to enable it) that once said word is chosen from list, a space is automatically inserted. Grab word, click trackball- (2nd click brings up send) that not helping me. I just got my Pearl and I cant tell you how many incomplete text I've sent.

When I scroll to the word I want and hit the space key, it enters in the partial word I type; not the one I selected when I scrolled down to it.

Taken from here

The best way to learn how to use SureType is to start typing. Type in a word and press SPACE key to accept the word and insert a space. Roll the trackwheel or press the Next key to select the word typed from the suggested word list. Click the trackwheel or press the SPACE key to accept the word. Press the SPACE key twice at the end of a sentence to add a period and a space. The next letter will automatically be capitalized.
    Last edited by ScandaLeX; 05-05-08 at 09:05 AM.
    05-05-08 09:01 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD