Hi guys and gals
    Ok, what I'm going to say, might shock some people here But, I don't have a cellphone (amazing, isn't it? No, I don't live in the cave and I'm 21st century person... well for the most part) Well, I hate cellphones, none of cellphones exist I liked. All these smartphones, cellphones, communicators, were annoying as heck to me, none of them were perfect. Now close to graduation and and getting ready to move to different city and start getting new job... I'm going to NEED to get a cellphone. Well, knowing that all cellphones sucked to me, I was going to get cheapy crappy phone (was even thinking to get some 2001 cellphone or something) untill I met pearl... now thats WOW! For the first time I liked everything about smartphone! So, I want Pearl now. Its either BB pearl or nothing So, after explaining my situation here, I have a few questions.
    As I've learned there is no GSM version of Blackberry Pearl 8130? of course, I could get 8120 but it seems like it doesn't have WiFi? and if I get 8130 from Verizon... (which is only CDMA provider in my area) does it come with original OS? Or some with some crappy Verison software that disables many features of the phone? and if it does, is it possible to install origianl RIM OS? I really not planning to use serivces like V-CAST or crap like that, and will not buy ringtones (I like how phones rang in 1998) but I don't want any limitations on this amazing device and I don't want to be forced on buying crap. Thanks for help
    03-05-08 12:08 AM
    I'm also on VZW and have a 8130.

V-Cast is not supported on the 8130.
    The only VZW product you "can" buy is the VZ Navigator.
    The OS is a RIM OS.
    I have my own ringtones that I save on a media card to save memory on the BB.

Hope this helps!
    03-05-08 12:25 AM
    I'm also on VZW and have a 8130.

V-Cast is not supported on the 8130.
    The only VZW product you "can" buy is the VZ Navigator.
    The OS is a RIM OS.
    I have my own ringtones that I save on a media card to save memory on the BB.

Hope this helps!
    I second that, there is nothing vzw, but the home page, which you can easily change and the boot screen, and, unfortunately the gps is locked to vz navigator.
    I spent the last 2 years hacking and flashing almost every phone in their lineup just to get what this comes with out of the box...
    03-05-08 12:43 AM
    Yeah unfortunately if you get the 8130 from Verizon, in order to use the GPS you have to pay a subscription fee. The 8120, which T-Mobile is supposed to be released any day now will have wifi. Just be aware that not many third party applications work via wifi. You will pretty much be stuck to using the BB browser to browse internet via wifi.
    03-05-08 12:55 AM
    thanks guys for such quick responces! What about opera mini? would that work with WiFi?
    03-05-08 01:12 AM
    No it will not. Only the default BlackBerry Browser will work via wifi.
    03-05-08 01:14 AM
    wow! thats kind of depressing, because default blackberry browser is not always working right... or am I wrong? Does it support adobe flash?
    Another question is, does 8130 support 8gb microSD card? How is mp3 player? I'm thinking this device will replace my MP3 player... and what codec does it use to record video?
    PS GPS features are not essential, I have car GPS.
    03-05-08 01:19 AM
    4gb microSD is the limit.
    mp3 player works well...there's a lot of feedback on the forums about this.
    03-05-08 02:03 AM
    I know the Blackberry browser doesn't support youtube, which is particularly irritating as I have an 8120 with wifi

Shame that the Pearl doesn't combine wifi and GPS, but I guess you can always buy a bluetooth GPS receiver for the 8120, whereas wifi and the 8130 just ain't gonna happen.

And you can use up to an 8gb micro SD card if you have OS 4.3.
    03-05-08 06:07 AM
    Pearl 8130 supports youtube, sprintTV (look here forums.crackberry.com/f79/free-sprinttv-vzw-8130-a-21799/ ) works too.
    at least this works with verizon (and sprint obviously)
    03-05-08 08:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD