When viewing a site that has PDF documents, the PDF will open up in the browswer; but, it only has the Zoom options available (which makes it difficult to read) and does not have an Enhance option available. I know that when a PDF is emailed to my Outlook account, I can open the PDF, Zoom and have the Enhance option available which helps to clean-up the display to make it easier to read.

Why is the Enhance option not available on general web browsing pages with the Blackberry (*Note - I do not have any special PDF viewing software installed and am using the out-of-the-box functionality on my Blackberry 8310)?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts/suggestions.
    10-14-08 12:08 PM
    I'm sure it has to do with the fact that when viewing attachments, the file is actually stored on RIM's servers. When you select the enhanced view, an enhanced image of the current view is prepared by the server and sent to your device. The problem I have with this is that you can't pan the image once it's enhanced.

I imagine this was originally designed to conserve on data transfer, but in this day and age of fast connections and fast devices, I think many users would prefer to download the entire document so they can zoom and pan a readable version of the document.
    10-14-08 02:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD