I'm currently with Orange on a 24 month contract which ends in August 2011. My birthday is coming up soon and I was going to buy a pay as you go Blackberry 8520 on Orange and switch my current sim card into the Blackberry. Would this enable all the features to work such as the internet and BBM?
    03-16-10 05:50 PM
    you'll need to phone orange and ask them to add Blackberry services to your plan. it'll cost an extra �5 per month.
    03-16-10 06:37 PM
    The simple answer is the one posted above.

However, depending on your standing with Orange as a customer they may allow you an early upgrade. Try calling customer services on 150 and ask them what the earliest date they'll allow you to upgrade is. I'm pretty sure they will definitly allow you an upgrade 3 months before the end of your contract and the next contract will be whatever length you sign for plus the remainder of the current contract.

It's worth a try a may even be worth waiting a couple of months to get the free upgrade rather than buying the phone but if you want it immediately then it's the solution above, buy the phone and just ask them to add Blackberry to your existing account.
    03-16-10 06:57 PM
    Cheers for the replies guys

At the moment I have unlimited internet on my contract for �5. Could I potentially stop this and add the Blackberry services and my contract price would stay the same? Or would I need to keep my unlimited internet?
    03-17-10 02:58 AM
    Basically for internet will I need unlimited internet on top of the Blackberry services, or does this include unlimited internet?
    03-17-10 03:03 PM
    The Blackberry package I have with Orange is unlimited data (obviously with the usual fair use policy) so I'd say you'll be pretty safe ditching your current data plan and going with the Blackberry plan.
    03-18-10 07:30 AM
    The Blackberry package I have with Orange is unlimited data (obviously with the usual fair use policy) so I'd say you'll be pretty safe ditching your current data plan and going with the Blackberry plan.
    Thats great news thanks Mark. Hopefully i'll be getting my Blackberry when I get back from my holiday and I can start posting on here as a fully fledged Blackberry user.
    03-18-10 01:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD