We all know the app in Appworld are lacking to say the least.

What I would like to know is:

Would YOU be prepared to pay an app fee to gain the top 20 most popular apps on your BlackBerry smartphone.

I personally would, if this made it worth the devs time and effort to write natively coded apps, even if that app has always been free to download on android and ios.
    07-12-13 05:47 AM

Would YOU be prepared to pay an app fee to gain the top 20 most popular apps on your BlackBerry smartphone.

I personally would, if this made it worth the devs time and effort to write natively coded apps, even if that app has always been free to download on android and ios.
    I would as well, as long as I don't have to do all the work,meaning just pay and download like we do in appworld.
    keypad likes this.
    07-12-13 05:56 AM
    Can't say I would, if it's free on another platform (ie instagram) it should be free and natively coded on BlackBerry. They make revenue off adverts and other methods. No need to rip us off more

Posted via CB10
    LazyEvul, keypad, agp101 and 3 others like this.
    07-12-13 07:01 AM
    No, because what might be popular might not be something I would use. I don't play many games and I'm sure games are included in that top 20.
    07-12-13 07:07 AM
    I sympathise with the members against this idea I have posted.

Just trying to sparks some discussion on this issue as it seems to me that, if something radical does not happen regarding appworld growth in the very near future, the gap between BlackBerry and the other main platforms, will widen, and at a greater speed.

BB user base over all has and is shrinking, so I would be very interested to hear others ideas on how to combat this problem.
    07-12-13 07:34 AM

No! BlackBerry has received enough money from me.

Using a BlackBerry Z10
    agp101 and keypad like this.
    07-12-13 07:48 AM
    NO. I'm sure that I wouldn't want most of the most popular apps either.
    keypad likes this.
    07-12-13 10:23 AM
    People may dislike the concept, but this is already the case in BB World today.

Developers are already charging more for their app in BB World compared to App Store or Play Store. There are many, many apps that cost money on BB World, but similar apps are free on those other platforms.

It's just supply and demand. A developer can take a chance at pricing higher because there are few or no alternatives in the market. In the Apple app store, if users see something that costs money, they can also see that there are many free alternatives that they can try.

In the Google Play store the situation is similar, but the refund policy makes buying even more attractive. In BB World, you pay your money and you take your chances. In the Play store you can try out the app for 15 minutes and refund it hassle-free if it doesn't work out to your expectations.
    keypad likes this.
    07-12-13 10:36 AM
    NO. I'm sure that I wouldn't want most of the most popular apps either.

What if those apps were influenced by a CrackBerry Forum vote?
    07-12-13 10:40 AM
    I wouldn't. It would set a precedent with dire consequences. The last thing BB needs is to be known as an extra cost platform compared to others. Developers of apps that aren't in the Top 20 would bump the prices, or at the very least be less likely to develop free apps.

SwiftKeyed/Flowed via Tapatalk 4 Beta.
    keypad likes this.
    07-12-13 10:41 AM
    People may dislike the concept, but this is already the case in BB World today.

Developers are already charging more for their app in BB World compared to App Store or Play Store. There are many, many apps that cost money on BB World, but similar apps are free on those other platforms.

It's just supply and demand. A developer can take a chance at pricing higher because there are few or no alternatives in the market. In the Apple app store, if users see something that costs money, they can also see that there are many free alternatives that they can try.

In the Google Play store the situation is similar, but the refund policy makes buying even more attractive. In BB World, you pay your money and you take your chances. In the Play store you can try out the app for 15 minutes and refund it hassle-free if it doesn't work out to your expectations.

Great info to know
    07-12-13 10:43 AM
    No because something being popular does not translate to it being good or useful.

Case in point...this guy
    Attached Thumbnails Pay a fee to download Top 20 most popular Apps? EVEN IF APP IS FREE-justin-bieber-paparazzi-london.jpg  
    07-12-13 10:48 AM
    I sympathise with the members against this idea I have posted.

Just trying to sparks some discussion on this issue as it seems to me that, if something radical does not happen regarding appworld growth in the very near future, the gap between BlackBerry and the other main platforms, will widen, and at a greater speed.

BB user base over all has and is shrinking, so I would be very interested to hear others ideas on how to combat this problem.
    First of all, I'm in the camp that is against this idea.
    Secondly, why sympathize with the members who are against it? You wanted discussion and that's what you got. Or does going against the idea not count as discussion?

Posted via Z10
    keypad likes this.
    07-12-13 10:56 AM
    No because something being popular does not translate to it being good or useful.

Case in point...this guy

Amazinglygraceless

You have been awarded today's +100

What a quality post
    07-12-13 11:22 AM
    First of all, I'm in the camp that is against this idea.
    Secondly, why sympathize with the members who are against it? You wanted discussion and that's what you got. Or does going against the idea not count as discussion?

Posted via Z10

Maybe I didn't make myself clear.

As a idea to get the most requested apps, finally into the app store, I would be prepared to spend money on Native apps I really wanted or needed, if that's what it took to get devs to invest precious resources into BlackBerry 10.

I sympathise with others who disagree with this idea because, ideally, I would want to be treated equally by the devs and be charged or not charged on an fair basis, just like the other major platforms.

My question is purely based on Blackberry current predicament, not my own personal preference.
    07-12-13 11:35 AM

Case in point...this guy
    Can't thumbs up that one enough! The coffee in my nostrils is burnin.

Off topic I know... but I seriously doubt that he won't even live long enough to be eligible for the 27 club.
    keypad likes this.
    07-12-13 11:48 AM

Case in point...this guy

Lmao! I think I peed my pants a lil' laughing.
    07-12-13 11:50 AM
    What if those apps were influenced by a CrackBerry Forum vote?
    Still NO.
    keypad likes this.
    07-12-13 02:10 PM
    Wouldn't do it, but I don't think it is ethically wrong for a developer to charge differently across platforms.
    keypad likes this.
    07-12-13 02:53 PM
    I would if I need it. Honestly the only thing I would want on my Z10 is Wells Fargo so I can deposit my checks without going to the bank.

Posted via CB10
    keypad likes this.
    07-12-13 04:05 PM
    Not at all... My "top 20" are totally different than yours... But I gladly pay for all apps that I use, and I think the price is very low for many apps.. would rather pay more - and give the developers better options to be on top of things.

But nonsense apps - apps not working - apps with description trying to lie/deceive users - those apps should be flushed out and removed.. or at least put in their own little "unstable" category
    keypad likes this.
    07-12-13 08:58 PM
    No as I probably wouldn't use half of them

Posted via CB10
    keypad likes this.
    07-14-13 12:32 PM