I have a blackberry curve 8330. Is there any way to prompt a password when entering my BIS or BES email? Other than locking the phone with a password, is there a way around that to just password protect my email?
    01-06-09 07:35 PM
    Just looked now and I don't see a way. I'm gonna search google though.
    01-06-09 07:41 PM
    I have the exact same concern regarding my 8350. I even called Sprint Blackberry support the night I got my phone to see if that was an option, but was told it was not possible. So I use the password protection for the phone but that's a hassle. If anybody has a solution I'd love to hear it.
    01-06-09 07:42 PM
    There *might* be a third party application but its just as much work to password protect the device and set a timeout on it. Any application would also not be nearly as secure as password protecting the device.
    01-06-09 07:43 PM
    It'd be nice to able to keep the rest of my phone accessible while emails would be protected. But I guess it would take almost as much time to unlock just for emails as it would the whole phone.
    01-07-09 12:38 PM
    As I haven't tried it myself, there might be a way to protect your email, but I'm not even sure the BB would support such a method. Try a secure digital ID. Maybe get one from Verisign and see if you can apply it to your BB email. I imagine it would try and prompt you to install the certificate onto your device, but it might not even be supported by Blackberry. But hey, it's worth a shot.
    01-07-09 03:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD