FACK.
    Definitely did not think to read first, and played around with the password lock to check out timed lockout.
    I've had a Storm and now a Storm2 but to this date had never used password lock.
    I wanted to see what it did with the timed lockout, set it to 3 password attempts and a 3 minute lockout.
    First attempt resulted in a glitch?! I entered an incorrect password about 4 times and my 9550 did not ask to enter 'blackberry'' after any of these attempts. I then unlocked it, password locked it again, and proceeded to enter an incorrect password 2 more times, both asking to enter ''blackberry'' (Is it supposed to do this after EVERY attempt?) and on the third and final attempt it warned me that all data would be erased.
    I was an ***** and didn't believe it... FML
    I'll just restore later, but **** that's effing annoying.
    Definitely setting it to like 10 attempts in case I ever become inebriated beyond normal typing ability.
    06-24-10 04:58 AM
    When you set it to a figure of 3 then it should ask you after each attempt. Regarding the security wipe, it is annoying, but it is all to do with the security aspect. Just dont lose your phone or forget your password.
    06-24-10 05:10 AM
    Using a password is a very good idea to protect your friends' and family's personal information that's stored in your device. You can always buy a new phone. A thief or worse having all you family's phone numbers and addresses is potentially much, much worse. Use a password, set the count to 10, and always make a backup.
    06-24-10 06:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD