On the off chance there isn't another BB Phone ....

What options for Password Keeper on a new phone?

Who had moved over passwork keeper? And it worked
    01-23-20 08:52 AM
    If you mean another Android - no problems. I use it on my Huawei. Just export a file from the version on your BB10 and import the same to the one on your Android.
    01-23-20 09:28 AM
    On the off chance there isn't another BB Phone ....

What options for Password Keeper on a new phone?

Who had moved over passwork keeper? And it worked
    Google has a built-in password keeper that works cross-platform via the browser, and with the apps on your Android devices.

There is also 1Password and LastPass.
    01-23-20 09:41 AM
    Google has a built-in password keeper that works cross-platform via the browser, and with the apps on your Android devices.

I do have it on Google (not sure I like to keep it there, but I do). Had no idea it was useful on other android devices. So, I guess it's easy to change over, if that needs to happen? Good, thanks
    01-23-20 09:50 AM
    If you mean another Android - no problems. I use it on my Huawei. Just export a file from the version on your BB10 and import the same to the one on your Android.
    If you mean using Passwork Keeper on another android, it costs money to use it. And will it continue if it's BB's if BB stops making phones?
    01-23-20 09:52 AM
    If you mean using Passwork Keeper on another android, it costs money to use it. And will it continue if it's BB's if BB stops making phones?
    I think you can continue using it for free if you accept some ads. About the other question, I guess it will continue to work.
    01-23-20 10:08 AM
    1password for me. Multi platform including desktop and I also have google store it all as well.
    towngirl likes this.
    01-23-20 11:18 AM
    I think you can continue using it for free if you accept some ads. About the other question, I guess it will continue to work.
    It's not free. I had a non-Blackberry for less than a week (return it).

It's not free. All of BlackBerry services hub, password keeper ect. are free for limited time. Then they want money.
    01-23-20 11:49 AM
    *snip*

.... will it continue if it's BB's if BB stops making phones?
    If? BlackBerry Ltd quit making phones in 2015 (2016?). Although there's no official announcement, there's nothing to suggest that BlackBerry Mobile (aka TCL) will release another BlackBerry-branded device.

There were two recent threads on password managers.

Password Keeper vs. LastPass
    https://forums.crackberry.com/genera...tpass-1177659/

BlackBerry Password keeper after 2019?
    https://forums.crackberry.com/showth...070&p=13468791

Hope this helps.
    01-23-20 11:53 AM
    Google "Cobalts BlackBerry Manager", download it and you will have the whole suite of programs. l only use Password keeper and the BlackBerry keyboard.

it's free with no advertisements the only problem I have is that there is no cloud backup for Password keeper. but you can export locally to your SD card.

I've been using this for nearly three years with no issues. I'm currently using it on my Nokia 7.1
    towngirl likes this.
    01-23-20 12:19 PM
    It's not free. I had a non-Blackberry for less than a week (return it).

It's not free. All of BlackBerry services hub, password keeper ect. are free for limited time. Then they want money.
    In playstore it clearly says that you can use Password keeper on a non blackberry device free for 30 days and after that continue using it without charges but with ads. It works for me!
    01-23-20 01:24 PM
    Google "Cobalts BlackBerry Manager", download it and you will have the whole suite of programs. l only use Password keeper and the BlackBerry keyboard.

it's free with no advertisements the only problem I have is that there is no cloud backup for Password keeper. but you can export locally to your SD card.

I've been using this for nearly three years with no issues. I'm currently using it on my Nokia 7.1
    I'm pretty sure you can back up to Google Drive, that is if you use Google. ;-)

Posted via my beautiful priv
    01-23-20 01:31 PM
    If? BlackBerry Ltd quit making phones in 2015 (2016?). Although there's no official announcement, there's nothing to suggest that BlackBerry Mobile (aka TCL) will release another BlackBerry-branded device.
    Yeah.. so like, I need an easy alternative. Just want to easy switch. (If possible.)

IF means... avoiding saying what I already know.

There were two recent threads on password managers.

Password Keeper vs. LastPass
    https://forums.crackberry.com/genera...tpass-1177659/

BlackBerry Password keeper after 2019?
    https://forums.crackberry.com/showth...070&p=13468791

Hope this helps.
    Thanks for links. Funny, I searched and didn't find, before I posted this.

Even more Q's after read that
    01-23-20 01:36 PM
    In playstore it clearly says that you can use Password keeper on a non blackberry device free for 30 days and after that continue using it without charges but with ads. It works for me!
    Ya know.. I had problems with it. I don't see it feasible for moving forward out of using BB.

It want me to pay after a few days.
    01-23-20 01:43 PM

So generally, the good google p/w is not what I am looking for. For a few reasons.

Maybe that Enpass will work. Someone mentioned security for p/w keepers. Never thought about that .. used to BB being the security lol ...

Many reasons why BB should continue to make phones (even if it is not pkb) .. security if no. 1
    01-23-20 01:51 PM
    I use google as little as possible. I had it all turned off but had to turn part of it back on to see vid's because it's hard to see the ones I had (on Motion).
    Now I don't know how to shut it back off lmao

There a few things I use but don't want my pics and vids going there.
    01-23-20 01:53 PM
    So generally, the good google p/w is not what I am looking for. For a few reasons.

Maybe that Enpass will work. Someone mentioned security for p/w keepers. Never thought about that .. used to BB being the security lol ...

Many reasons why BB should continue to make phones (even if it is not pkb) .. security if no. 1
    Why have an issue with Google? They probably have the best firewalls on planet earth.
    01-23-20 02:19 PM
    I use google as little as possible. I had it all turned off but had to turn part of it back on to see vid's because it's hard to see the ones I had (on Motion).
    Now I don't know how to shut it back off lmao

There a few things I use but don't want my pics and vids going there.
    you can easily shut the backups from going into google cloud if you wish. BUT make sure there are backing up somewhere
    01-23-20 02:20 PM
    Why have an issue with Google? They probably have the best firewalls on planet earth.
    I use it. It backs up my PK

I prefer copies on laptop so I like to keep a copy of cvs
    01-23-20 03:26 PM

Posted via my beautiful priv
    Unfortunately backup is greyed out with a message stating that you can only backup the official paid for version.
    towngirl likes this.
    01-23-20 03:45 PM
    Anyone actually know for a fact whether it's safe to back up PK on Google Drive? If someone hacks Google, can they hack into PK? I'm guessing the answer is Yes, as anything in the end is hackable. I've been exporting PK it to my microSD but if that decides to fail, I need it backed up somewhere else safe...
    02-05-20 01:59 PM
    Anyone actually know for a fact whether it's safe to back up PK on Google Drive? If someone hacks Google, can they hack into PK? I'm guessing the answer is Yes, as anything in the end is hackable. I've been exporting PK it to my microSD but if that decides to fail, I need it backed up somewhere else safe...
    Ask @conite ... he knows everything

I have no idea but I prefer to not keep it on Google but you really need do because it's easy to change over.
    02-05-20 02:38 PM
    My dilemma in a nutshell.
    02-05-20 02:42 PM
    Google has the best firewalls on the planet, and their entire business model would collapse if there was a breach.
    02-05-20 02:54 PM
    Not to sound flippant but are you assuming this or do you have direct knowledge of it being the case? Thanks.
    02-06-20 07:45 AM
31 12