Hi! I have a BB Classic and I use the image password to lock my phone.
    Everything work fine but I'm not able to make a bakup since I activate this option.

BB Link (log to my BB ID) ask me for a password when I connect my phone, what password?? I tried the number in the image, empty feild, my BB ID password and didn't work. I never remember installing a password except for the number in the image.

Any idea what I can do to fix that?
    03-28-17 04:56 PM
    Before you started using the picture password, you had to activate password protection. This required you to create a passcode of letters or numbers. Then you could turn on picture password.

That first passcode is what you need to enter.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-17 05:08 PM
    Hi! I have a BB Classic and I use the image password to lock my phone.
    Everything work fine but I'm not able to make a bakup since I activate this option.

BB Link (log to my BB ID) ask me for a password when I connect my phone, what password?? I tried the number in the image, empty feild, my BB ID password and didn't work. I never remember installing a password except for the number in the image.

Any idea what I can do to fix that?
    If I remember correctly, BlackBerry 10 required a password or pin as well as a picture password.

I should probably warn you: if you enter the wrong picture password into the phone 5 times in a row by accident, it will switch to asking for the actual password. You have 5 attempts to guess that, and then data is wiped.
    03-28-17 05:08 PM
    Before you started using the picture password, you had to activate password protection. This required you to create a passcode of letters or numbers. Then you could turn on picture password.

That first passcode is what you need to enter.

Posted via CB10
    Do you know during the creation of the password if I have to use a minimum and a maximum letter and numbers for the password? No capital letter? I always use letter and numbers but with different lenght. I'm right now at 3/5 for the BB Link and 4/10 on the cell. It's should be the same password on both?

I was going to wipe my cell phone anyway, after 2 years, I think it's something to do but the back up will be long to do manually.
    03-28-17 05:57 PM
    The only rule is that it must be at least 4 characters. The possibilities are quite extensive.

I usually use a 4 digit code eg 1234. There is no way to disable the passcode without knowing what it is.

This is one of the dangers of picture password. If you only use the pic option for a long while, you can forget the initial code you input.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-17 06:28 PM
    Ninja'd ^

There doesn't seem to be any requirement (maybe length edit: yup, length). I just enabled it out of curiosity. My password is letters only (easy to type with one thumb). I mounted my storage volumes with just my normal password. Blend connected without even prompting for password (cached I guess, from just mounting the storage). Link... took forever, eventually prompted, and eventually connected up. All done over wifi since for some reason, when I plugged in USB my phone told me the drivers weren't installed.

I don't think I like picture password very much. Seems a bit too fiddly.
    03-28-17 06:37 PM
    Keyboardweeb, when I first used picture password I was placing my finger on top of the number that I wanted to move, which made the function much harder.

If that is your problem, you can place your finger anywhere on the screen and drag the whole grid.

Posted via CB10
    1122334455667788 likes this.
    03-28-17 07:57 PM
    Keyboardweeb, when I first used picture password I was placing my finger on top of the number that I wanted to move, which made the function much harder.

If that is your problem, you can place your finger anywhere on the screen and drag the whole grid.

Posted via CB10
    Huh. I think I like it even less now. That would increase the chance someone could just get lucky.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-17 12:37 PM
    Huh. I think I like it even less now. That would increase the chance someone could just get lucky.

Posted via CB10

Why do you think that??
    03-29-17 12:41 PM
    Because then, even if say they moved a 9 to the upper left, a 2 might end up in the lower right, and if that just happens to be your spot and number, they're in. Granted it's still unlikely, but if they were required to touch the right number it wouldn't happen.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-17 01:19 PM
    I was able to open my phone with the image password with no problem.
    I check the size of my sim card and now I need to enter my password.

I tried every possible password that I ever used in my life. Nothing work and I lost everything.

Thanks for your help.

RIP BB Data
    03-30-17 12:12 AM