HI look I have a bold9000 and i just put my password today and I unblocked it like 3 times with the same password until it said it was incorrect and im in the 8/10 attempt, i dont want to touch my phone anymore because im afraid what can happen.
    If someone could give me some helpful advices pls I would be very grateful.. thanks!!
    05-12-10 05:00 PM
    It will wipe out all of your data if you enter the wrong password too many (10?) times. Maybe sure you are using the proper NUMBERS and/or Letters - using the Alt key as necessary.

If you have a backup of your data you can restore it after the "cleansing."
    05-12-10 05:03 PM
    THANKS i know that it will wipe out all thats what im afraid of because I recently transfered all my info to this new bb and havent made the backup yet....

F2, if I leave my cellphone alone like for a long while 3 hours or so.. is it posible that the attemps to unblock and enter the corret password restart to 0 so I can try again to unblock with the correct pw??

and, if I fail to enter the correct password can I still have my bbm contacts??
    05-12-10 05:09 PM
    First: I fixed your thread title. help! help! help! really does not explain your issue

Now to your password issue, are you sure you are entering it correctly. Sometimes
    people have passwords with numbers but fail to press the ALT key for each so
    instead of entering 1234 the enter wers.

No matter how long you leave the phone alone the counter will not reset. Without
    a recent backup you will lose everything and have no way to restore your data
    other than manually re-entering it.
    05-12-10 05:17 PM
    REALLY??? NOOO.... I cant believe that.... isnt like other phones that in 10 min or so the count restarts again... pls dont tell me that because im sure i entered the exact words over and over again and it had worked before... i dont know what happened im so frustrated now...
    Im sorry for my bad posting title, I didn knew the guidelines before thanks!
    05-12-10 05:33 PM
    Blackberries are not like other phones. There is no count down from between failed attempts. If you entered the PW correctly then you should be able to see your home screen and remove it if necessary. At least until you get your data backed up.
    05-12-10 05:37 PM
    Sorry kiddo but the sad reality is that you have exactly 2 attempts to get the
    password right. There is no resetting the counter. There is no time delay.
    This is part of the security built into the BlackBerry.
    05-12-10 05:44 PM
    ...if I leave my cellphone alone like for a long while 3 hours or so.. is it posible that the attemps to unblock and enter the corret password restart to 0 so I can try again to unblock with the correct pw??

and, if I fail to enter the correct password can I still have my bbm contacts??
    If that's how it worked, that wouldn't be very good security, now would it?

BlackBerry devices are designed for security of the data.

Sorry. As the others have noted, you need to enter the password correctly or wipe the device and start over. Those are your only options.
    05-12-10 06:15 PM
    what about a battery pull??
    05-12-10 06:19 PM
    what about a battery pull??
    Despite the fact that everyone believes a battery pull will solve global warming,
    stop all wars and cure whooping cough this is one time where it will be pointless

When the phone restarts it will still be at attempt 8/10. Would not be much of
    a security feature if pulling the battery could defeat it would it?
    05-12-10 06:30 PM
    TOTALY AGREE! The BB has the best security im impressed i love my bold9000 im just sad and unmotivated because I got to the 10/10 attempt still with an incorrect pw, cant figure out what went wrong because I had used that pw all day long.
    Good news is now my bb is new again yeii, have to fill it out with info1
    But thanks for all the info it was very helpfull!
    05-12-10 07:07 PM
    How many characters was your password? In past threads, there were comments that 3 (THREE) character passwords sometimes failed. You did see near the end, you get to see what you are typing and type BLACKBERRY?
    05-12-10 08:59 PM
    ..., cant figure out what went wrong because I had used that pw all day long....
    What almost certainly happened is you mistakenly entered your password with either the Alt or shift functions on. Since password entry is masked, it's impossible to see if you are entering WERS or wers or 1234.
    05-12-10 09:11 PM
    Is the security wipe on all current BlackBerries/OS's?

My password settings don't say anything about a security wipe. But instead it has a "security timeout", in which I have set to 1 hour.
    Last edited by MACKSnare519; 05-12-10 at 09:37 PM.
    05-12-10 09:33 PM
    The security timeout is the amount of time with no keyboard activity before the password lock activates. The security wipe is the unrecoverable deletion of data that occurs when the password is entered incorrectly the max number of times, which defaults to 10 but can be set to less.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-12-10 09:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD