What's up fellow tech addicts!
    I'm trying to determine which blackberry is best for me.
    I had the Passport first but returned it because it was a little awkward to type on. I really liked it but I couldn't find a comfortable typing position for the device. Even though it was growing on me I decided to return it for a device like the Classic.

After I returned it, I started looking at the specs on the classic and found out that the Q10 is basically the same device without the tool belt. So after looking at multiple videos on YouTube I decide to get the Q10 from Amazon.
    Keep in mind my refund for that passport hasn't set in yet. I believe it will get back to Amazon on Tuesday so I'm 800 bucks in on the blackberry experiment so far.
    So I pay for the next day shipping since I'm a prime member and it only costs 4 more bucks to get it a day earlier.
    I receive it on Saturday and I'm quickly prompted to update the device so I do so.
    After the download I feel cheated a bit because it's only version 10.2.1 and with that I don't get the Amazon App Store. So I go back on YouTube and quickly search for videos to find out if I had a bad handset or if there's something I'm missing. Of course the update hasn't been released yet for the q10.
    So i decide to hang on to it until the update arrives in Feb. Again it's the same things the Classic right??? That lasted about a day!
    I talked myself into getting the Classic because the q10 is a bit too small for me. And having a 6-plus as a daily driver doesn't help the cause either.

So I jump back on Amazon and order the Classic. I again pay the extra 4 bucks to get it shipped here tomorrow morning.
    That's another 480 to Amazon!!! And $1,280 into the blackberry experiment for those of u that are counting!
    While I'm waiting on my device I'm on crackberry checking reviews on my new device and start to read all the bad things about the classic, like the keyboard bleed and the gap between the tool belt and screen. Now I'm having second thoughts and thinking I really need to seek some help because I dropped a bit of money on a phone that will be essentially a backup (business Line) phone. Anyone in here a psychiatrist? Because I'm in desperate need of your help!!!

So to sum it up... I really liked the passport because it was a premium feeling device and it did work flawlessly, but I cant walk around with two phablet in my pockets. And the q10 really surprised me for being a 2 year old device., but it was a bit too small. And now it's looking like the price tag on the Classic is a bit too high. Am I just overreacting? Or do I have a valid point?
    I'm also thinking the Z30 might be a better option.

Let me just say moving forward I don't think I will be able to live without a blackberry device running OS 10.3 in the future. I really love the UI. It's so underrated. I was really blown away by it. It will definitely serve as a great business tool for me. And the gestures are really good also. I hope they are able to turn it around because they really have something here. I find it hard to believe that blackberry (rim) could be a thing of the past like webOS.

I hope this post doesn't offend any of u guys. I'm just really confused on which device will be the best one for me. I hope to hear some opinions. If not I will understand.

Thanks,

CompMan2013
    01-25-15 11:16 PM
    You should wait for the Classic to arrive and use it for a few days. I too returned the Passport as it didn't suit my smaller hands and got a Classic. No issues with the screen or the keyboard. Build quality seems really good and I've been using it for about 6 weeks now.

OS 10.3.1 is really good and a big change from 10.2. I just loaded the latest leaked OS with no issues.

Give it a run and let us know how it goes for you.

Posted via CB10
    CompMan2013 likes this.
    01-26-15 12:10 AM
    Goldilocks is that you?
    CompMan2013 and VeryBumpy like this.
    01-26-15 01:21 AM
    Yes, you are pretty crazy.

The Q10, as well as all other existing devices including the Passport, will get their 10.3.1 update soon. The date was said to be sometime in February, which is around the corner.

Regarding the right phone to choose, it depends on your own needs and expectations for a mobile device. You knew the Classic was highly similar to the Q10 and you knew the price - yet you paid the money and placed your order. So this very moment the price was obviously justified enough for you to get the phone.
    The Q10 is small yes, but it can be enough for for many needs. Sure playing games, watching videos and extensive web browsing aren't the strongest points of the Q. However the Classic isn't better exactly in terms of games and videos, although I find the larger screen beneficial for webbrowsing as well as daily operation throughout the OS and most of my tasks.

I also still have a Passport which will get sold soon, it didn't grow on me mainly due to the keyboard. Size was also a slight matter, but really just a slight one. The Classic is, for me, a decent upgrade over the Q10. I love the new keyboard and enjoy the bigger screen.
    Yet I can't really say the higher price for the Classic you have to pay over the Q is justified for most people.

Posted via CB10
    CompMan2013 likes this.
    01-26-15 02:50 AM
    Thanks for the input guys. I'm definitely hoping the classic is the one I end up with. If not I will be getting the white Z30 on Wednesday once it becomes available on Amazon. Good thing about Amazon is the fact that I can return the phones if it doesn't suit my needs. Taigatrommel, how much are u asking for ur passport? Just in case I want to carry around with two phablets.
    01-26-15 05:31 AM
    I hav had all three....at the end it's classic for me!

On Classic
    CompMan2013 likes this.
    01-26-15 07:07 AM
    Sounds like someone needs to be a bit more patient when it comes to phones. I know our society is more focused on instant gratification but after this post...there's no doubt. Wow.

I hope you find what makes you happy.

Posted via CB10 on the President Underwood version of the BlackBerry Classic
    rthonpm likes this.
    01-26-15 07:24 AM
    I wouldn't go as far as to say instant gratification. And it's not a patience thing. I'm just looking to find the phone that suits me the best. I know I like the black berry OS and it will suit my business needs, but It wasn't the passport or the q10. I'm hoping it's the classic. If not then I'll get something else. That's the beauty of things now a day.... You don't need to settle for something u don't want.
    01-26-15 09:24 AM
    If you don't need a keyboard, I'm hooked on my Z30. I used my Q10 for a year, and loved it, coming from a BB 9000. But when the Z10 went on sale for $199, I decided to give a touch screen a try. I used it to learn the touch screen, but the battery was lame and speaker not loud enough. I really wanted the Z30, but not for $500.

So when the Z30 went on sale for $225, I couldn't resist. Now I feel like I came home. I thought it would be too big as I have small hands, but I just can�t use it one handed. This is the best phone I've ever owned or tried. I have no desire to go back to the keyboard, even though I was able to type faster.

I'm looking forward to 10.3, but will really miss Flash. I know it's old technology, but I find myself needing it several times a week to see videos sent to me. I just leave it off most of the time.

I understand you buying several phones. There is no way to try them out (at least in the US) before you buy. At least you are getting your $ back!! I kept all of mine!! I did use them too long to return them, but I guess a spare is a good idea.

9000 > Q10 > Z10 >Z30>?
    CompMan2013 likes this.
    01-26-15 12:29 PM
    OtchRussell,
    Yes that Z30 looks tempting. Especially since the screen is bigger for video viewing. Can u use swipe on the Z30 when typing?
    01-26-15 12:33 PM
    OtchRussell,
    Yes that Z30 looks tempting. Especially since the screen is bigger for video viewing. Can u use swipe on the Z30 when typing?
    Swipe on the Z30 is awesome!!! Once it learns how you type, you can sometimes swipe a whole sentence using only a few letters.

9000 > Q10 > Z10 >Z30>?
    01-26-15 12:38 PM
    I would just use the Q10.

Even with the extra screen size on the Classic, it still will not be a multimedia phone like the glass slab phones of Samsung and Apple.

And the Q10 screen is still big enough for email viewing and even basic document viewing as well.

And you are so right in that the Classic is not worth the $500 price BlackBerry is asking for.

Also, with the Classic having the same spec as the Q10 and the Z10, it is pretty clear that the first generation BlackBerry 10 phones will still be supported for at least a couple more years. And there is really no excuse for not supporting the early BlackBerry 10 phones now.

Posted via CB10
    CompMan2013 likes this.
    01-26-15 12:38 PM
    I plan to keep this Z30 till a successor comes along or it breaks.

9000 > Q10 > Z10 >Z30>?
    01-26-15 12:39 PM
    Swipe on the Z30 is awesome!!! Once it learns how you type, you can sometimes swipe a whole sentence using only a few letters.

9000 > Q10 > Z10 >Z30>?
    Awesome! Are u able to swipe to spell out words? You know like u would swipe on an android phone. Or Is that the feature where u type normally and swipe up to complete the word?
    01-26-15 12:41 PM

Even with the extra screen size on the Classic, it still will not be a multimedia phone like the glass slab phones of Samsung and Apple.

And the Q10 screen is still big enough for email viewing and even basic document viewing as well.

And you are so right in that the Classic is not worth the $500 price BlackBerry is asking for.

Also, with the Classic having the same spec as the Q10 and the Z10, it is pretty clear that the first generation BlackBerry 10 phones will still be supported for at least a couple more years. And there is really no excuse for not supporting the early BlackBerry 10 phones now.

Posted via CB10
    Q10 is a very good phone. Great battery, (removable, unlike the Z30), great speaker, and easy to carry around. Unfortunately, I am now used to the larger screen.

9000 > Q10 > Z10 >Z30>?
    CompMan2013 likes this.
    01-26-15 12:42 PM

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for ur input!

I'm fearing that may be the case for me. I just looked at a crackberry video in where the guy unboxed a classic and compare it to the q10 and it didn't look that much bigger. The keyboard on the q10 is a bit cramped for my taste. I'm hoping the classic doesn't feel the same way. Also I'm thinking the classic 2 with better specs will be arriving late this year due to the demand of such a device.
    01-26-15 12:46 PM
    Awesome! Are u able to swipe to spell out words? You know like u would swipe on an android phone. Or Is that the feature where u type normally and swipe up to complete the word?
    It will suggest words also. You can swipe whole words before you type anything. If you type a sentence once, then start to type the same sentence, it will give you almost all the words.

9000 > Q10 > Z10 >Z30>?
    CompMan2013 likes this.
    01-26-15 12:46 PM
    It will suggest words also. You can swipe whole words before you type anything. If you type a sentence once, then start to type the same sentence, it will give you almost all the words.

9000 > Q10 > Z10 >Z30>?
    Damn that sounds awesome! I know it sounds crazy but Im thinking I will like the Z30 a lot better than the Classic. I'm going to give the classic a few days before I decide. At this point, for me it's a matter of getting a comfortable device because it's all about the OS of blackberry that's drawing me to it. I do like the idea of a physical keyboard but I'm not to confident that I will get use to it. Especially if it's too small for my fat fingers. Not to mention I can get a brand new Z30 unlocked for 280. That will save me 200 bucks compared to the Classic.
    01-26-15 12:52 PM

9000 > Q10 > Z10 >Z30>?
    What I like about it better than the iPhone, is iPhone makes you opt out of a word, so if you don't notice that it suggested a word and hit a space, it will put in the wrong word. Actually, I have to admit they improved that in their latest OS. (I also have an iPad).

Another cool thing is swipe left to delete!!

9000 > Q10 > Z10 >Z30>?
    01-26-15 12:52 PM
    What I like about it better than the iPhone, is iPhone makes you opt out of a word, so if you don't notice that it suggested a word and hit a space, it will put in the wrong word. Actually, I have to admit they improved that in their latest OS. (I also have an iPad).

Another cool thing is swipe left to delete!!

9000 > Q10 > Z10 >Z30>?
    Yes. That swipe left to delete was a feature I loved on the passport. That capacitive keyboard was sweet! The more I think about it the more I want a Z30. Only problem is waiting for BB to release 10.3.1 for. SMH!
    Does using the leaked update void the warranty on a device?
    01-26-15 01:22 PM
    Yes. That swipe left to delete was a feature I loved on the passport. That capacitive keyboard was sweet! The more I think about it the more I want a Z30. Only problem is waiting for BB to release 10.3.1 for. SMH!
    Does using the leaked update void the warranty on a device?
    Can't answer that because I don't leak. I bought mine from Shopblackberry.com for $225, unlocked. Actually, I paid $299, but when Black Friday arrived the price went down to $225. I called them and they refunded $74!!! Can't complain!!

9000 > Q10 > Z10 >Z30>?
    01-26-15 02:31 PM
    My Classic did not arrive today so I guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow to see if this is the device I will settle on. So disappointed.
    01-26-15 06:44 PM
    I have a z30 And no longer term experience with the devices you mentioned however I wouldn't pick the q10. For me the screen is too small.

Posted via CB10
    01-26-15 07:39 PM
    I am currently using a Q10 as my daily driver. I love this device...and I have an Iphone 6 plus and an LG G3 sitting in my drawer. In my opinion, can't go wrong with any of the choices really. Good luck!

Posted via CB10
    CompMan2013 likes this.
    01-26-15 08:58 PM
    Taigatrommel, how much are u asking for ur passport? Just in case I want to carry around with two phablets.
    Keep in mind I am located in Germany and my Passport is a german QWERTZ unit, so if you are overseas, this should be considered

Posted via CB10
    CompMan2013 likes this.
    01-27-15 01:28 AM
47 12