Just wondering if Blackberry might built in an aspect ratio changer on the Passport like the ones on TVs. Most televisions allow changing the aspect ratio of the video signal to fit the screen .
    Maybe Blackberry should think about implementing this on the passport and use the entire screen of the device for video playback.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    Last edited by tomcat23; 07-01-14 at 04:37 PM.
    acovey likes this.
    07-01-14 04:02 PM
    Not a phablet, it's a Qweblet. And in our country we pronounce the e as an a (as in phablet).

Since this is being marketed as a phablet, there should be a comparison shot between the Passport and a Note 3.

JB

Posted from my brain to your screen via CBQ10

Posted via CB10
    Blacklatino likes this.
    07-01-14 04:15 PM
    Not a phablet, it's a Qweblet. And in our country we pronounce the e as an a (as in phablet).

Posted via CB10
    ...and what country might that be?

Not mine that is for sure...
    07-01-14 05:23 PM
    If you watching videos most of the time I doubt this device is for you. If you are a power user and communicator and surf the net a great deal then it will be ideal.
    I use a Z10 but find that I need something with more screen real estate for surfing or reading documents. I am ok with the wide screen loss of space when a video is played as the size of the image is similar to an original iphone size.

Posted via CB10
    undone and acovey like this.
    07-01-14 06:02 PM
    If you watching videos most of the time I doubt this device is for you. If you are a power user and communicator and surf the net a great deal then it will be ideal.
    I use a Z10 but find that I need something with more screen real estate for surfing or reading documents. I am ok with the wide screen loss of space when a video is played as the size of the image is similar to an original iphone size.

Posted via CB10
    Yes the extra screen width will be especially useful for me for me to more easily read documents (I like my Q10, but still have to take my PlayBook with me to read most PDFs and spreadsheets I am sent)
    Playbook007 likes this.
    07-01-14 06:41 PM
    Holy sheesh! That thing is wide. Looks really awkward
    07-01-14 06:52 PM
    I will take one..
    07-01-14 10:29 PM
    I can't wait to get my hands on this bad boy!

Posted via CB10
    07-01-14 10:39 PM
    On the passport speakers, I wish they put the left and right speakers on the top left and right side instead of putting it at the top and bottom, with a 1:1 aspect ratio, there is no need to tilt the phone sideways and u can still get the awesome stereo sound.

Posted via Z30
    There are 4 speakers. Left speakers on the top left and bottom left and the right on the top right and bottom right. They are stereo.

The GIF Exchange C001B7B16?
    07-01-14 10:45 PM
    Oh theres plenty of room for an HDMI port there
    07-02-14 12:14 AM
    imagine all those passport cases that actually look like a passport. they'll sell bucket loads. of the case that is.
    07-02-14 12:31 AM
    *snip*
    Passport vs S5

Posted via CB10
    That's a S3, too round to be S5
    07-02-14 03:03 AM
    Is this where all the iPhone fans chime in and say that size doesn't matter ?
    07-02-14 07:48 AM
    I dont understand what's the comparison photos about. I don't get it!

If Chen said that the BlackBerry Passport is the same size as a travel document, personal ID, government issued ID, why is this shocking. Grab your passport and hold it in your hand. Passports are a standard size. No one country's passport is bigger than that of the other, unless that country has not complied.

It's like a comment was made that the BlackBerry Passport does not follow that standard of mobile devices being rectangular. That comment made mention that the BlackBerry Passport was square. I was like huh? Most of us learned shapes as kids and to call the BlackBerry Passport square is shocking. If the BlackBerry Passport is square then so is an iPad. Both devices do not follow the standard for mobile device's build.

Nuff said...
    While ICAO calls for standard sizes, it will slightly differ from country to country. That said, it still gives you a pretty good idea, as you said.
    07-02-14 07:55 AM
    Just wondering if Blackberry might built in an aspect ratio changer on the Passport like the ones on TVs. Most televisions allow changing the aspect ratio of the video signal to fit the screen .
    Maybe Blackberry should think about implementing this on the passport and use the entire screen of the device for video playback.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    They have the feature in BB10 already, at least on the Z10. Clicking on the box in the upper right hand corner lets you toggle between wide screen, wide screen zoom and full screen. I would guess that feature would be available on the Passport
    07-02-14 08:34 AM
    sorry, yes it is S3, not S5...
    07-02-14 09:10 AM
    For me Apple missed the spot (even if it sold like usually plenty of 5S) when it went with a taller but same width device. The comfort and ease of use of a larger device is noticeable when it comes to documents and emails, and even browsing internet.
    They will change that in the next months but they show us one more time that they come on a segment only when it has been proved cash efficient (their only big move was the original iphone after that they really innovated as less as they could).
    All that to point out that the Passport may not seem so awkwardly large and even astonishly in the norms in a few weeks, once Apple will release their "phablet" version.
    But innovations will be on the Blackberry's side this time with its sensitive keyboard, that reintroduce the word smart to the qwerty phones this time.
    Keyboards can be smart too, and nobody does keyboards like Blacckberry!

Posted via CB10
    alexbe09 likes this.
    07-02-14 09:31 AM

Posted via CB10
    Hey somebody gets it! It's not a device for everyone. BlackBerry realizes different devices for different needs. They are producing a very nice line up of BB10 devices. Choose what you want. If you want to watch video, get a z30.

Posted via CB10
    acovey likes this.
    07-02-14 09:43 AM
    I'm looking this device the more I see it.

However I want to see what android apps look like on this. Are they going to be cropped or what?
    Sent using tapatalk!
    07-02-14 09:43 AM
    Ipad must really then.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-14 09:45 AM
    Ipad must really then.

Posted via CB10

The iPad is a tablet...the Passport is a phone...
    07-02-14 09:58 AM
    I agree. I would like to see it next to a Lumia 1520. I'm sure that it's not as tall as a Lumia 1520, but I'm hoping that it's not nearly as wide either.
    07-02-14 09:59 AM
    Passport vs iPhone size comparison image.-crackberry-image-9-.jpg
    Graphical comparison between passport and z30, posted few days ago in CB forum.

Posted via CB10
    wincyUt and lactose like this.
    07-02-14 10:22 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CrackBerry Image(9).jpg 
Views:	1075 
Size:	25.5 KB 
ID:	282068
    Graphical comparison between passport and z30, posted few days ago in CB forum.

Posted via CB10
    There's no way I could use the Passport. It's simply too cumbersome. That graphic just solidified it...
    07-02-14 10:31 AM
    Legolas texted: "What about side by side with a friend????"
    07-02-14 10:59 AM
98 1234