I have a Q10 & am almost due for an upgrade. I love my Q10, despite a few minor glitches (every now and then my data just simply quits working. Seems like only if I'm away from my wifi, for whatever reason & I have to restart it to get the data back....but that's another post).

I am really drawn to the Passport, but am a little iffy about the keyboard. For those who have had a Passport for a while, do you still love it? Was the keyboard hard to get used to? Anybody simply not like the keyboard?

And Amazon apps? On my Q10, I even have a few Built for Blackberry apps that sometimes don't work correctly (Weather Channel app is one of them). I'm not much of an app user as I also carry an iPad mini for reading books, etc. however, I do occasionally find myself in a situation where a game on my phone would be welcome (like waiting at the DMV)

I thought about the Classic as well, but it don't think it's worth the money as much of an upgrade over the Q10.
    01-25-15 10:38 PM
    I can type more comfortably and much faster on the Classic than the Passport. That said, I chose the Passport as a permanent device. The reason was the screen size/clarity, cpu/gpu/ram, and capacitive/virtual keyboard.
    cleaverton and cgallaer like this.
    01-25-15 11:04 PM
    I have had my port for over 3 months now! I picked up a Q the other day just for the heck of it. It felt like I was holding a little toy! The screen was so tiny in comparison! I can never go back! My Passport is the best phone I ever owned and I go back to the 957!

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.1.1151
    cleaverton likes this.
    01-25-15 11:08 PM
    I'm just afraid I won't like the keyboard lol I love, love my Q10 keyboard, so the Passport scares me just a little. I've had a Curve & Bold & then went with iphone for a few years. My husband has an iphone 6+ & I seriously don't like using his phone simply because I'm so spoiled by my keyboard. Like I said, I've thought about the Classic, but for the money, I don't feel like it's enough of an upgrade over my Q10. And, we all know we can't go to our local AT&T store and check out a BB device for ourselves before making a decision
    01-25-15 11:11 PM
    The keyboard on the classic is the best I have ever used. I carried both devices for about 3 Weeks and tried to find out which one is the best for me.

I will stay with the passport because of it's display, the power (both cpu and battery). The keyboard is not as good as the full keyboards on the other devices, in my opinion, I needed about two weeks to get full comfortable with this '3-row-thing' . Beside the missing keys I personally find it hard to press the keys. The key response is not as good as on the classic keyboard.

But over all the keyboard is fine and works, the touch enablement is more a gimmick for me, scrolling is fine but placing the cursor in text is not very accurate. In cold / windy / whatever weather the keyboard goes mad sometimes placing the cursor where ever it wants.

Personally I would give the passport 8/10 stars, the keyboard gets 6/10.

Just my thoughts....

Posted via CB10
    01-25-15 11:13 PM
    Thanks for the honest opinions! When I went back to BB with the Q10, I had to think about what I actually use my phone for: communication. So, the keyboard was a huge factor. The Hub was a wonderful surprise (didn't know if I would like it at first). Not sure I could do without it now though. Maybe I should look at the Classic a little more closely
    01-25-15 11:19 PM
    Tbh the keyboard is great and took about 20mins to get used to it but I was using a Lumia 930 right before my Passport and I feel that I should use the Nokia. Microsoft doing a great job with WindowsPhone and now it feels like I'm left out of great things. Small things here and there but my everyday life was more integrated and synchronised if I can say this. And yeah the Classic is not worth the upgrade from a Q10!

BlackBerry Passport
    cleaverton likes this.
    01-25-15 11:24 PM
    Gah! Decision, decisions! I have an iMac, iPad mini & MacBook Pro so I feel like I miss out on some synchronization, too. I'm a photographer & Mac is the way to go for editing photos. And I use Square a lot in my business and have to Hotspot my iPad via my Q10 to swipe & get paid. So, there's a few issues with my BB in my ecosystem
    01-25-15 11:34 PM
    I have both. There are positives with each phone. The Passport has an incredible screen display, the processor and battery life are better. It is a two handed phone, and it is sometimes awkward to carry. The Classic has the best typing experience, and is a one handed device that really feels good when holding it. If you mainly use the phone for calls and messaging, then go with the Classic. If you enjoy browsing the web, then the Passport is a better choice.

 Passport Rocks 
    cleaverton likes this.
    01-25-15 11:38 PM
    Well, you wanted an opinion right?

BlackBerry Passport
    01-25-15 11:47 PM
    I've had the Passport since mid October and I still love it. The keyboard was the hardest ever to get used to but now that I am, I honestly think that it is the best typing experience on a mobile device that I have had. I owned legacy devices (Bold 9700 and Torch 9800) before the Z10 and Z30 on BB10. The Passport fuses the physical keyboard with the efficiencies of a virtual keyboard so well that it is a beautiful thing. I love it.

And for the cautionary part, this is definitely a two handed device. I was always using my phones two handed, even on the touch screen devices, so it only made things more comfortable for me after getting used to the keys. Just pay attention to how you use your current device over the next while. If you already use both hands while typing, the Passport is a no brainer. It has a learning curve but it's so worth it and such an all-around great device! If you like typing with one hand, it might be worth considering the Classic or even the Z30.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    cleaverton likes this.
    01-25-15 11:53 PM
    Yep! Lol I had iPhones for a few years (iPhone 3-4S) and at times I miss the display & some capabilities. But then I type on my hubby's iPhone and remember why I went back to a BB. Why can't they make a Classic Passport? Lol
    01-25-15 11:54 PM
    I came from a Q10 and adjusted after a week or two. I'm now way faster on this keyboard than I was on my Q10, and the extra space really helps me type faster.

Everything about the Passport is better. I sold both my black and white Q10s because I realized there was no way I could go back to them after getting used to the Passport

Posted via CB10
    cleaverton likes this.
    01-25-15 11:54 PM
    I do for sure use both hands while typing on my Q10. I don't think I've ever held it one handed (other than to swipe). So, that part isn't an issue for me at all
    01-25-15 11:56 PM
    Now I'm back to thinking I want the Passport. I guess I'm basically at keep the Q10 or get the Passport. The specs on the Classic aren't worth an upgrade
    01-25-15 11:57 PM
    I do for sure use both hands while typing on my Q10. I don't think I've ever held it one handed (other than to swipe). So, that part isn't an issue for me at all
    You'll love the Passport then. The only complaint I can understand some people make is that they need the ability to type one handed which really, isn't that possible on this thing. But in every other way, the form is the best part of the Passport. And even in that way, because the smart ones know that two hands are faster than one!

cleaverton likes this.
    01-26-15 12:03 AM
    You'll love the Passport then. The only complaint I can understand some people make is that they need the ability to type one handed which really, isn't that possible on this thing. But in every other way, the form is the best part of the Passport. And even in that way, because the smart ones know that two hands are faster than one!

Thanks! I'm a two thumbs typer lol
    01-26-15 12:10 AM
    I got my Q10 the day it was available here back in 2013. I used the device as my daily driver until late October, when I got a Passport.

I was in awe when I first opened the box and saw the device in person for the first time. The size, the screen, the big comfortable sized keys. Pretty impressing.
    It took me about a week to more or less master the Passport's hybrig keyboard, I also started using the flip feature more and more. However there were small little things which were annoying regarding the keyboard:
    1. Entering special characters and numbers was IMO too troublesome. It always kind of broke my typeflow entering this stuff.
    2. The virtual "shift" key was annoying on my phone. Sometimes it had to be pressed for more than a second before the phone notices it. Sometimes the OS lags behind after releasing it, which results in two capitalised characters in a row.
    3. The capacitive touch feature is great, but outsides in the cold I had a few situations where the keyboard became completely unusable. It acted like it was possessed by a demon, cursor got activated, text was selected, words got flipped, character where capitalised. 10.3.1 introduces an option which lets you disable the touch-feature, I think they had their reason to include it.

So I ordered the Classic after reading and viewing many reviews. The keyboard, for me, is basically the most important aspect of my phone. After reading many statements claiming the Classic has the best keyboard of any BlackBerry device up to date - yes, including the Passport, I placed my order.
    I can say these reports were true, the keyboard is really awesome. Slightly larger than the Q10, (much) smaller than the Passport, the tactile feedback and the higher shaping of the keys are simply great. The Q10 and Bold 9900 had good keys, but the Classic simply tops it.

Of course it is a downgrade in terms of specs, screen estate and especially battery life. However I never had a single problem with the performance of my Q10 and the Classic is virtually the same. Since I rather tend to create (type) content rather than extensively viewing it, I do not miss that large screen at all. What I miss is the great battery life. The Passport often made it two days in a row without charging. Even on very, very heavy days it doesn't need to hit a charger.
    The Classic on the other hand makes it through a typical day, but needs charging to be ready for the next. Last weeks I had an extremely long and buy day, the Classic died early afternoon and I used my Q10 for the rest of the day.

Posted via CB10
    01-26-15 03:05 AM
    Coming from the Q5/10 and the Z30 (and some legacy BBs before that), I had the Passport for a couple of weeks, got kinda familiar with typing on it (although I never really LIKED it), but the size was always an annoyance - I'm carrying my phone in my jeans' front pocket.
    So I exchanged the PP for the Classic. The keyboard is a dream, and even after more than a month of using the PP, it felt way more comfortable instantly. Of course I miss the larger screen of the PP. But when comparing it to the Q5/10, the Classic's screen is a significant upgrade. The alleged insufficient specs of the Classic don't matter to me at all, as it does its job, without any issues, in the way I want it, and this is what really matters.
    cleaverton likes this.
    01-26-15 03:55 AM
    I upgraded from the Q10. Loved that little beauty but getting older the screen size was giving me a problem. Loved the Passport even more from the word go! Screen size is brilliant and I have to say that the keyboard is ACE! It took me two or three days to get used to the difference but 10 weeks later I type much faster that I ever did with the Q 10. Do it, you will not regret it.

Amazing Blackberry Passport! SQW100-1. 10-3-0-908
    01-26-15 04:29 AM
    in short - it is awesome!

Huge and superb screen, awesome battery life, superb power and hardware keyboard - all I ever need.
    01-26-15 07:03 AM
    The Q10 is really small compared to the Passport. It takes a little getting use too- but once you get it...You get it! All I need is a good carrying case (that is inexpensive) and I will be complete with this device. I hope this helps!
    01-26-15 07:34 AM
    I had the q10 now I have the passport...

Thinking of selling my passport now and getting the classic. I love the passport but it's too big and hard to handle sometimes and always worried about dropping it especially when taking it out of the pocket.

Keyboard is great but using it to scroll on websites is annoying cause you always need to keep changing the auto-rotate on and off.

Taking pictures on it sucks it just to big to grab and take a pic with one hand it's two hands all the time or nothing.

I think I'll miss the big screen but looking forward to getting a proper trackpad again. The passports keyboard sucks and is too buggy and just not precise enough.

Just some quick thoughts.

Posted via CB10
    01-26-15 07:49 AM
    You get used to the keyboard and large screen quickly. At first, you think what's going on here and why did they do this but after a few days, you can't go back to the Q10 and when you do, you'll be thinking to yourself how tiny the Q10's keyboard and screen are.
    fixit1971 likes this.
    01-26-15 08:30 AM
    My wife went from a Q10 to the Passport. While it took me over a week to get used to typing on the Passport (coming from a Z30), she was up and running by the end of her first day!

She absolutely loves the Passport, and definitely does not regret switching from the Q10.

I've said it many times,.. if there is anything humans are good at, is adapting very well to new input abstractions (think of how easily we switch from a bicycle handle bar, to a car a steering wheel (sometimes with wildly differing sizes and handling) , to a computer mouse, a game pad joy stick, to a dinky little phone screen). You *will* get used to the Passport's keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    01-26-15 08:57 AM
71 123