I wouldn't be surprised they sell 500K units this year. There are people who never cared for Blackberry until so many media outlets reported on it. Yahoo had 3 different stories on it in the last 24 hours on it's front page alone. It doesn't matter if the reporting is for it or against it. The hype is there. And people want something different.
    CDM76 likes this.
    10-03-14 10:04 PM
    The "hideous" Passport is putting up some pretty numbers for BlackBerry.

Who would have thought?
    Thunderbuck and southlander like this.
    10-03-14 10:07 PM
    Am I the only to find that number disappointing. It really hasn't increased since those announcements and I'm viewing it as a flop until I hear concrete numbers

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    How does it go up with no stock to sell?

Posted via CB10
    10-03-14 10:15 PM
    I wouldn't be surprised they sell 500K units this year. There are people who never cared for Blackberry until so many media outlets reported on it. Yahoo had 3 different stories on it in the last 24 hours on it's front page alone. It doesn't matter if the reporting is for it or against it. The hype is there. And people want something different.
    I think this. There were 2 groups before launch. The people who thought it was too big a risk and the people who think any press (+/-) is good.

So far I think we can agree the second group is right. When the phone gets bad press, it's still better than the fact that without it BlackBerry would not even advertise at all.

Also factor in sometimes the bad press came from the size.. I assume some strong willed people who read or listened to a review and the reviewers CON would be the size... well if a buyer loved the size then even with negativity from the author or reviewer the buyer might go ahead and gamble

Posted from zee flicking coolest smartphone evah!
    10-03-14 10:20 PM
    The 500k mark was where I guessed BB internally targeted in the various threads estimating sales for a year. I think world-wide its a good chance they could get to 1M which would be stupendous.
    10-03-14 10:37 PM
    Can you show me where they said 240k a year. I knew they weren't expecting to sell a lot of these phones but 240k just seems stupidly low. What is the point of designing and building a phone that will only sell 200k a year?

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    I can think of $120,000,000.00 US retail reasons.......for a device "that no one wants". Imagine if they could produce one that people do? This is a niche device.....your comments are always negative.....like do you ever have a good day?

Posted via CB10
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    10-03-14 11:37 PM
    The numbers are going to be good for BlackBerry standards and that is really all that matters.

The 200k? I think that was a description of the number from Amazon or BlackBerry Shop but who knows maybe it isn't.

But maybe it is.... when you consider Rodgers doesn't even have stock and it was suppose to be released on the 1st it would make one think they didn't order much if any. Once again these doesn't mean they will sell millions but enough for them to keep the turnaround heading in the right direction.

While people wait (like me) there maybe more interest generated by the phone ... I don't think this phone is one to sell to the consumer but it definitely does hit the niche market very well and that is encouraging news

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 12:05 AM
57 123