Initially, even most of us are sceptical about the all new Passport, its weird real estate, 3 row qwerty keyboard etc2....
    After the launched, it was well received by the targeted market, business community and professionals.... hence within 3 days sold 200,000 units and all screaming to get theirs....
    Is BBRY not anticipate this kind of acceptance? And only made Passport available just a few hrd thousand prior to launch? Or they learned from Z10 last time?
    10-02-14 11:26 PM
    I think it was a combination of both: being extra-conservative thanks to the Z10 write-off, and not anticipating this much demand. I read that they were anticipating a total 240,000 sold by the end of the year. They probably sold that many in the first week.
    10-02-14 11:33 PM
    I want one so bad! Please hurry up BlackBerry!

Posted via CB10
    10-02-14 11:47 PM
    Thought they sold 200K in the first 24 hrs

Posted via CB10
    10-02-14 11:59 PM
    Thought they sold 200K in the first 24 hrs

Posted via CB10
    That's correct

Posted via CB10
    10-03-14 12:01 AM
    It is the first BlackBerry with high end specs

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk
    10-03-14 01:23 AM
    They sold over 200,000 in just 8 hours at shopblackberry and amazon.com. I was one of the first to order at shopblackbeery.
    10-03-14 01:46 AM
    What's the total sales number now after 10 days of having been released??? Anyone know about it?

Posted from my SuperHuman Q10
    10-03-14 04:10 AM
    Am I the only to find that number disappointing. It really hasn't increased since those announcements and I'm viewing it as a flop until I hear concrete numbers

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    10-03-14 04:18 AM
    Am I the only to find that number disappointing. It really hasn't increased since those announcements and I'm viewing it as a flop until I hear concrete numbers

How do you know it hasn't increased? The device was released in a few more countries and on some carriers that weren't part of the initial numbers. It seems logical that the overall number would have increased quite a bit by now.

Posted via BBCBZ10
    raino, spikesolie and Clanked like this.
    10-03-14 04:59 AM
    It's available on Amazon Germany for a few days now.
    I checked bestseller list for " Handys and Smartphones " and the Passport is on place number 5 right now.
    But I don't know what the time frame for their listing is.

Posted via CB10 on my ZED10
    10-03-14 05:25 AM
    It seams practical that BlackBerry made a number around the 200,000 to 240,000 mark. They are now out of stock while the back orders pile up. The funny thing is that most of those devices were bought by individual professionals/consumers and not by enterprise customers. This is where I think BlackBerry under estimated. They pitched the device as an enterprise unit, they planned potential sales on this model, they played it conservative and the consumer didn't listen. A good thing....yes.....except for leaving money on the table. Still waiting for my Passport. Think it will be a while.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-14 07:50 AM
    It seams practical that BlackBerry made a number around the 200,000 to 240,000 mark. They are now out of stock while the back orders pile up. The funny thing is that most of those devices were bought by individual professionals/consumers and not by enterprise customers. This is where I think BlackBerry under estimated. They pitched the device as an enterprise unit, they planned potential sales on this model, they played it conservative and the consumer didn't listen. A good thing....yes.....except for leaving money on the table. Still waiting for my Passport. Think it will be a while.

Posted via CB10
    Potential new Marketing trend/strategy? Tell the consumer, they won't like it and it's not for them. Then watch them run out and grab it....LOL. reminds me of a cereal commercial a little while back

In all seriousness though. I guess it so different and innovative that people just want to try it....dunno. either way, I think this unexpected demand is pretty cool.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-14 08:12 AM
    What's the total sales number now after 10 days of having been released??? Anyone know about it?

Posted from my SuperHuman Q10
    I'm curious on this too. I think most of those sales are from people upgrading from other BlackBerry devices. BlackBerry nation?

Posted via CB10
    10-03-14 08:26 AM
    I'm happy that it's done better than I expected so far
    10-03-14 08:53 AM

Essentially all your comments since you went android have been negative.

BlackBerry do not release numbers for individual models. Just the total. This was a unique situation and JC announced that they had strong start.

Don't expect to hear anymore numbers now or in the future. If it does then it is a rare occurrence. Look at Z3 no numbers even though they are happy with the roll out.

Posted via CB10
    lift, spikesolie, buwee and 1 others like this.
    10-03-14 09:56 AM
    I should have one from Rogers this evening. Called store and they are receiving them today! Beauty!!!!
    10-03-14 10:05 AM

BlackBerry do not release numbers for individual models. Just the total. This was a unique situation and JC announced that they had strong start.

Don't expect to hear anymore numbers now or in the future. If it does then it is a rare occurrence. Look at Z3 no numbers even though they are happy with the roll out.

Posted via CB10
    That's only because the numbers have been weak for a while. You whisper bad news and shout good news. If Passport takes off and they sell a million or millions of them you will see that number being reported in the next quarter report so they could take advantage of free advertising in the media.
    menshawy and CDM76 like this.
    10-03-14 10:27 AM
    Where I live on Canada, the whole phone market seems very weak. The phone store kiosks are rather empty and nobody I know talks about phones anymore. I am yet to see folks playing at the iPhone display at Telus let alone with the Passport. Cudo's to Telus for displaying the Passport so well.

I think the corporate sector demand is yet to kick in. A member of my family works for a large corporation and still uses the 9900. He thinks though that they will be upgrading him to the Z30. Too bad. I would much rather have a Passport if given the choice. It seems as if corporations based in Toronto are still in the BlackBerry camp.
    gokulesh likes this.
    10-03-14 10:51 AM
    How do you know it hasn't increased? The device was released in a few more countries and on some carriers that weren't part of the initial numbers. It seems logical that the overall number would have increased quite a bit by now.

Posted via BBCBZ10
    How do you know it hasn't decreased? I know several people who ordered it and canceled the order because a shipping date was not provided to them. Even here I read of canceled orders. Only fanboys like to wait, the average users won't and they will move to something else if the available date is not clear
    10-03-14 11:20 AM

Posted via BBCBZ10
    I don't. I'm basing it on past performances by blackberry where they announce decent figures initially and then go quiet and the we have to wait until the quarterly reviews to find out those initial figures are as good as it got with only minor increases since.

lift likes this.
    10-03-14 11:26 AM
    Potential new Marketing trend/strategy? Tell the consumer, they won't like it and it's not for them. Then watch them run out and grab it....LOL. reminds me of a cereal commercial a little while back

In all seriousness though. I guess it so different and innovative that people just want to try it....dunno. either way, I think this unexpected demand is pretty cool.

Posted via CB10
    I know you were joking, but it's not as daft an idea as it sounds. Everyone aspires and telling people...well not that it isn't for them, but rather that it's aimed at a niche of users who are professional and want to get things done does have the chance of pressing the right buttons for people who want to see themselves that way.

I'm not saying that could ever be a strategy, rather that it wouldn't be totally surprising if it had that effect.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-14 11:30 AM

Posted via CB10
    The z3 is a unique device in that it's not available for the majority of blackberry markets, it was also the device that should have been released globally more then the passport.
    We've heard reports about quite a few bb10 devices before so no the passport announcement was not a unique occurrence. Record breaking z10 sales ring any bells?
    And i've been negative about BlackBerry before I went Android because of they way they have performed and decisions they've made. The z3 release plan being one of them.
    Sorry I can't celebrate about 200k devices being sold as that is a stupidly low number.
    I will be happy to celebrate if I find out they've sold a couple of million by the next quarter however.
    But like you say we will have to wait until the next review.

10-03-14 11:31 AM

Posted via CB10
    Thats exactly what happened: intended demand was enterprise and some PK users who want a flagship device. Instead alot of consumer who purchased it were touch-based user that moved from BB to other platforms or were Z10/Z30 and wanted an upgrade even with a keyboard.
    10-03-14 11:34 AM
    I don't. I'm basing it on past performances by blackberry where they announce decent figures initially and then go quiet and the we have to wait until the quarterly reviews to find out those initial figures are as good as it got with only minor increases since.
    Do you realize they didn't intend to sell millions of this limited-market phone? If their break even number is 240k and they've crossed that, then every device they sell on top is pushing them to profit on this project. So while 5 million would be great, even 350,000 this year would be beyond what they were hoping, and profitable.
    spikesolie and CDM76 like this.
    10-03-14 11:37 AM
57 123