I had to sell my other one to buy stock but when the China problems came I lost money so I pulled it out. I really like the passport. Would it be worth the pickup or jut wait til the Priv?

Posted via CB10
    10-20-15 04:20 PM
    I had to sell my other one to buy stock but when the China problems came I lost money so I pulled it out. I really like the passport. Would it be worth the pickup or jut wait til the Priv?

Posted via CB10
    Passport SE. It's the best out there. Priv is Android. Can't recommend that. It's just a lousy OS. It's designed for kids and teens. BB10 is the way to go.

No but seriously...they are completely different phones. How do we know what you like or want in a phone?

Good stock OS with business features ? BB10...
    Apps ? Android...

Posted via CB10
    BerrySoul likes this.
    10-20-15 04:26 PM
    Yes

Posted via CB10
    10-20-15 04:48 PM
    Just bought one to have something to play until I receive my Priv in two weeks lol
    10-20-15 04:55 PM
    Why would you sell your stock when it's lower than you bought it? The market regulates itself.
    I have the SE and I love it. If you want the Priv, then I would wait for the Priv. Android isn't that bad but it is a preference thing.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-15 05:05 PM
    The refinements made in the Passport's design in the Special Edition puts it in the true Flagship category. The decision is really BB10.3 OS Versus Android.
    Although, attempting to mirror the functionality of the Passport in the Priv, the formfactor separates them.
    With the wider screen, it works better with productivity of spreadsheets and document processing. Depending on your needs, I think it's an excellent choice. And the build quality is the best BlackBerry has offered.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-15 08:50 PM
    My next device will be the Silver Edition, of course it worth a pick up! I'm just waiting BlackBerry sells many androids to reduce the Silver Edition price.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-15 02:43 AM
    It is an amazing device. Specially the SE version.

  
    10-21-15 05:39 AM

Posted via CB10
    Sound like you made poor choices all around. So No.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-15 07:12 AM
    It depends, BB10 is more or less in maintenance mode as of now, even though two updates are coming next year, we will most likely only get some bugfixes instead of new features. So in terms of software don't expect too many developments in the future for the Passport.

On the other hand, the Passport still is a unique piece of hardware. The large 1:1 screen is great for viewing documents, browsing the web and reading texts. You have a physical keyboard which is "always there", unlike the Priv where you always have to slide out the keyboard to access it.
    The internals are still quite good and future proof, that 3450mAH battery is still one of the best out there too.

Also BB10 won't just stop working out of a sudden.

The Priv is unique too, there is no other phone like it out there. The screen though is pretty much a common glass slab piece, don't want to say it's bad, but it's nothing special like the Passport's screen. Of course it runs Android, which isn't everybody's flavour, although I think it is not as bad as many people trying to state. Last but not least the Priv will be *much* more expensive than a Passport SE, if current signs turn out to be true, it'll be almost 40% more you have to pay for the device compared to the Passport. Something I'd surely consider before spending any money.

Finally the SE is a nicely refined version of the original Passport. BlackBerry improved on multiple aspects, most notable the keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    maxym likes this.
    10-21-15 03:07 PM
    Depends on what you want. It's a really high quality device for a pretty good price. The materials and design are great if you ask me, and it's probably the best BB10 device you can currently get.

You just have to know what you're buying. It's BB10 with all its pros and cons, and the specs are not the newest, yet definitely good enough. The camera is mediocre, but it's not a camera phone, it's a BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-15 03:40 PM
    I certainly wouldn't put any money behind any OS that I thought was only in maintenance mode and wouldn't be improved upon. But that's just me. Beyond that, the Passport SE is a nice device.
    IndianTiwari likes this.
    10-21-15 04:48 PM
    I certainly wouldn't put any money behind any OS that I thought was only in maintenance mode and wouldn't be improved upon. But that's just me. Beyond that, the Passport SE is a nice device.
    Agree with you. My personal choice is always Passport SE. It is a class device.

 Passport SE on Etisalat 4G Network propelled by 10.3.2.2789
    10-22-15 08:43 AM
    You should consider two things:
    1) How long you plan to keep the phone
    2) How well the phone will meet your needs over that time period.

Example 1: I will likely keep the phone for 18 months, and Passport SE running BB10 meets all of my expected needs during that time. I love the OS now and see no reason to change. ==> Get a Passport SE.

Example 2. I want a future-proof phone that I can use for 2-3 years. I like to try new apps and would be disappointed if a new app comes out that I can't use. I'm also annoyed by the lack of updates of some apps on BB10 (e.g., Facebook). ==> Don't get a Passport SE

The phone is a great piece of hardware, and has truly unique strengths. Only you can decide if getting one makes sense for you.

For me, I plan to get a Passport SE and use it for 1-3 years. I don't need any Android apps and love the speed and efficiency of BB10 for my needs (phone, email, IM, and Web Browsing, with A LOT of writing.

Posted via CB10
    dbiv5445 likes this.
    10-22-15 09:11 AM
    Between the Priv and Passport, I'd definitely recommend the Silver Edition Passport.
    10-22-15 10:07 AM