Damn it BlackBerry.

I put my Passport to sleep for a while, trying out a Samsung Galaxy S5 (because I had to have full blown Android, work needs).

I feel like going from a 2016 Mercedes AMG to a Subaru. Samsung is an absolute joke. Call quality doesn't exists. Speakerphone call - forget about it. After several months of use, battery drains like hell. Don't even bother looking at the screen when the sun is reflecting - you simply won't see anything. Cheap plastic bezel sprayed with fake metal appearance. Extremely frustrating and stupid charging port. Samsung's Galaxy series is anything but premium. It maybe "premium" only in the Android's realm - or in China or something.

The phone is slow, Samsung's ROM is packed with bloatware. Doing routine day to day tasks like mailing, texting, browser, calling - is simply a lot slower on Android. You have to perform 4 actions (clicks/taps) just to dial a number. Call screen comes up after 2-3 seconds in dialing).

On the other hand, Android is constantly improving and the overall eco system is great. Tons of apps (although many are low quality), tons of customization.

I want BlackBerry to wake the f%*$ up. I would buy a decent Android phone, but there aren't any. It seems that device manufacturers are signing a "create a crappy Chinese parts plastic phone and forget about call quality" contract when committing to develop an Android phone. (The closest Sony Z5 Premium still packs crappy microphones).

Priv is not there yet. It's not a premium headset, it's not Passport. I really believe BlackBerry would get back to the game if they create a high quality Android phone (PKB or not), with a decent price. This market gap is real and only waits for someone to fill it.

But BlackBerry keeps silent (is it learned from Apple's marketing team) - the problem is, unlike Apple, almost no one waits for BlackBerry leaks, so they might as well keep an open channel, at least with their fans (us). Don't keep us in the dark.
    03-30-16 04:09 AM
    Sounds like your not a Samsung fan, most my my sisters and family all use Samsung Android devices and they loved them, but to each his/her own.

As far a Blackberry delivering a all touch Android based device, I would also love to see this happen, but I think the next few quarterly results will determine if any new devices will be released and if the hardware division survives.
    03-30-16 04:17 AM
    I am currently a highly satisfied Passport owner and had the opportunity to use a few friend's Android devices. My reactions are similar to yours, and I really wish that BB retain the Passport concept in future hardware issues. It is evident that one problem with Androids is that so much money is spent on expensive advertising that a substantial proportion of the cost of a device is wasted on advertisers rather than used to fund research/development concerning the quality of the devices. Sometimes I criticize BB for being conservative when it comes to advertising - but when I observe the quality of certain Android devices, I understand why BB devices are exemplary with respect to the way that they are engineered.
    03-30-16 04:23 AM
    Well to your point Samsung was ripped apart pretty bad for the quality of the S5. It's not really known as a premium device. They were laid into by even the most hardened Android fanboy for the S5 which is why they improved the build quality with the S6, and the S7 is a major improvement.
    03-30-16 05:28 AM
    S5? you can't even compared the two, they weren't even released in the same year. Lol

Posted via CB10
    03-30-16 05:41 AM
    As a Subaru owner, I detest. But yeah, my fianc� has the S5 and what a flop of limp noodles that thing is..
    mnns likes this.
    03-30-16 05:45 AM
    Sounds like your not a Samsung fan, most my my sisters and family all use Samsung Android devices and they loved them, but to each his/her own.

As far a Blackberry delivering a all touch Android based device, I would also love to see this happen, but I think the next few quarterly results will determine if any new devices will be released and if the hardware division survives.
    The problem is if you have come from a bb10 devise android is a joke. It's so cumbersome, it has no flow about it. When I used one I feel like I am going back over. You open and app. But need to respond to a text. Get out of the app going in to text answer the go searching for your app again.

I almost wish I had never tried bb10. Then I wouldn't know what I was missing

Posted via CB10
    boysontheblock likes this.
    03-30-16 01:01 PM
    S5? you can't even compared the two, they weren't even released in the same year. Lol

Posted via CB10
    Ummm... I believe that they were both released in the fall of 2014, so ya, the comparison is fine.

Posted via CB10
    bh7171 likes this.
    03-30-16 03:06 PM
    The problem is if you have come from a bb10 devise android is a joke. It's so cumbersome, it has no flow about it. When I used one I feel like I am going back over. You open and app. But need to respond to a text. Get out of the app going in to text answer the go searching for your app again.

I almost wish I had never tried bb10. Then I wouldn't know what I was missing

Posted via CB10
    Take a look at the Floatify app on Android. You can do quick replies from a heads up notification.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-30-16 04:14 PM
    I found the opposite coming from Z30 to Galaxy S5.

Great phone, smooth OS.

via my Samsung Galaxy S5
    03-30-16 04:21 PM
    BB10 Passport II , that is what I want Chen!!!!!!

  
    03-30-16 05:17 PM
    BlackBerry 10 os is nowhere even near android... and bro samsung s series uses the best quality items... I have a BlackBerry z10 and a samsung s4 I love my s4.. BlackBerry is good too.. but samsung is far better... samsung have got the best screens (super amoled screens)... the ips lsd on my BlackBerry z10 looks so cheap... even the ear speaker on my s4 is much more louder then BlackBerry z10...

Best of all is that andrioid have lot of good apps... even simple apps like facebook works much better on android...

And bb10 can not run the android apps smoothly... thay craches a lot...

Samsung s4 : 7/10
    BlackBerry z10: 4/10

Thats would be my score for both devices...

Posted via CB10
    03-30-16 05:28 PM
    I agree with OP. I moved from Samsung to the z10 in 2013 and in having purchased several of both brands, my experience is that BlackBerry is a better product, although as alluded to earlier, Samsung 's latest offerings are much improved from a couple of years ago.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-16 06:14 PM
    If you want a good android, try some with a pur� edition, like Nexus or Moto X pur� edition, Samsung TouchWiz really Sucks.

Is one of the worst ROM's. With a lot of bloatware, and Samsung Apps that you never used.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-16 06:58 PM
    I am hoping the day never comes when I have to say goodbye to BlackBerry phones, always a BlackBerry user since day one. The thought of switching to iPhone or a android device scares me. Long live BlackBerry phones.

Posted via CB10
    bh7171 likes this.
    03-31-16 01:02 AM
    I agree with OP. I moved from Samsung to the z10 in 2013 and in having purchased several of both brands, my experience is that BlackBerry is a better product, although as alluded to earlier, Samsung 's latest offerings are much improved from a couple of years ago.

Posted via CB10
    My problem is with the os. I feel android though you maybe able to have tons of crappie apps and a billion things running. It is no where near as efficient as bb10

#luvmybb10os
    04-02-16 07:46 PM
    Well, Samsung has released multiple new flagships since the S5 (now has the S7 and S7 edge - both of which have gotten very good reviews and are huge improvements on build quality). There are also bumped up specs, better camera, new form factors, etc. What has BlackBerry released since then in terms of a BB10 upgrade?
    04-03-16 11:54 AM
    I do not get the touchwiz hysteria. Why not use the the Google Now or Nova launcher then.
    04-03-16 01:28 PM