I am thinking about jumping back to BB after several years away. I have had 11 Android devices since my last BB (Torch 9800) and I am eyeing the Red Passport. I currently have the Note 4 and it just doesn't seem to make me happy anymore. I see all the things the Passport can do and was wondering if anyone regretted getting one? I know that I can sideload Android apps but to be honest the apps I use are already on BB so Im not worried about that.
    02-05-15 11:18 PM
  2. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Go for it! Passport is awesome! Had mine for four months now...

Posted via CB10
    02-05-15 11:42 PM
    You sound like an excellent fit for a Passport.

" I do not think that word means what you think it means. "
    Optimus_OBrien likes this.
    02-05-15 11:49 PM
    I was as excited as you are now to get my Passport. But after four months of use, well yes, I regret getting one. I should have got two instead. One extra for my brother who's frustrated with his Android. Damn!

Posted via CB10
    02-06-15 12:35 AM
    I don't regret getting my Passport and the best phone I have own since my first BB Curve. Not a single day I regret leaving Android. I almost had melt down with Samsung phones and if it wasn't for the Blackberry Passport I wouldn't be as happy as today. The Passport brought joy back to emailing, texting, BBM, and tactile feedbacks.
    02-06-15 04:54 AM
    I don't regret getting my Passport and the best phone I have own since my first BB Curve. Not a single day I regret leaving Android. I almost had melt down with Samsung phones and if it wasn't for the Blackberry Passport I wouldn't be as happy as today. The Passport brought joy back to emailing, texting, BBM, and tactile feedbacks.
    Non-keyboard phones feel kinda soul-less. And no direct access to anything. Always waiting for the KB to pop up, ...

Zeddies are great, but Passport beats 'em... :-)

�   Telstra + Classic, Optus + PP, AT&T + PP , Verizon + Classic... why the mix, Mr. Fix?   �
    AthenaSmith likes this.
    02-06-15 05:26 AM
    You are a very smart person. Good call!

Posted via CB10
    02-06-15 07:25 AM
    Go for it, sounds like a natural choice.

11 androids since the torch, no wonder you're bored.

Since the torch I have had two phones, Q10 and Z10.

Think I'll get a passport soon.

 Z10
    moosbb likes this.
    02-06-15 07:43 AM
    And welcome to CB

 Z10
    Optimus_OBrien likes this.
    02-06-15 07:44 AM
    Frankly, you'll never go wrong with a BlackBerry, in my opinion. I'm not knocking the Note 4 because it is a great phone too. I use a Note 4 AND a Z10. I switch back and forth because, like you, I get bored. They both do what I need them to do. I haven't used a Passport, but I am sure that it is a great phone. My experience with BlackBerry phones has always been a positive one going back to my first one, an 8100 Pearl. Since then I've had an 8110, 9000, 9700, 9800, 9780, 9900 and a Z10. Every single one of them was a great phone. I must admit that I prefer a virtual keyboard now rather than a physical keyboard, but that's just my preference. In short, go for the Passport. I doubt that you'll be disappointed.
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    02-06-15 09:05 AM
    Including my Note 4 I have had the following

S2, HTC Sensation, S3 (x2), Note 2, Note 3 (x2), Nexus 5, HTC M8, LG G2. I have been looking for any excuse to try out the BB10 OS and now is the time. One question for those that have it though, is there an app drawer on it? I love a clean homescreen and if there isnt its just one thing I have to get over lol.
    02-06-15 02:34 PM
    Nothing ventured nothing gained; I would say, give it a try and if you don't like it, keep moving.

Posted via CB10
    02-06-15 03:01 PM

S2, HTC Sensation, S3 (x2), Note 2, Note 3 (x2), Nexus 5, HTC M8, LG G2. I have been looking for any excuse to try out the BB10 OS and now is the time. One question for those that have it though, is there an app drawer on it? I love a clean homescreen and if there isnt its just one thing I have to get over lol.
    When there are no Active Frames (apps) running, you have an option of having a blank screen shown or not. This is entirely up to you
    02-06-15 03:19 PM
    When there are no Active Frames (apps) running, you have an option of having a blank screen shown or not. This is entirely up to you
    Excellent! Im gonna order the Red version of the passport I think. This seems to be the phone for me.
    mk2234 likes this.
    02-06-15 03:23 PM
    I regret getting a passport but only because it's too big! But since you're coming from a note 4 you shouldn't have any problem

Posted via CB10
    02-06-15 04:21 PM
    Excellent! Im gonna order the Red version of the passport I think. This seems to be the phone for me.
    Strongly suggest ordering from amazon. They allow 30 day returns no problem
    02-06-15 04:34 PM
    Awesome red is going to get you a lot of attention. If you love to be the centre of attention it is the right phone and color for you. Enjoy!

02-06-15 05:01 PM
    Here's a good thread for you to read, coming from a former Note user too:

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=990497

Posted via CB10
    02-06-15 05:04 PM

You can create folders and push unused app icons in there. I think folders are unlimited now with the new software... :-)

�   Telstra + Classic, Optus + PP, AT&T + PP , Verizon + Classic... why the mix, Mr. Fix?   �
    02-06-15 08:54 PM
    You can create folders and push unused app icons in there. I think folders are unlimited now with the new software... :-)

... and you can swipe sideways inside the folder, so there's your app drawer... :-D

02-06-15 09:06 PM
    Passport and bbm is good I get instantly updated on how much the gospel walas are crying as they get kicked out of Hind.
    02-06-15 09:31 PM
    I am thinking about jumping back to BB after several years away. I have had 11 Android devices since my last BB (Torch 9800) and I am eyeing the Red Passport. I currently have the Note 4 and it just doesn't seem to make me happy anymore. I see all the things the Passport can do and was wondering if anyone regretted getting one? I know that I can sideload Android apps but to be honest the apps I use are already on BB so Im not worried about that.
    Well if I recall it correctly the Torch 9800 was released in August of 2010. That means you went through 11 devices within 4.5 years, so on average you kept each of those devices a little less than 5 months before you moved on to yet another one. All things considered, I don't think the 'right' device for you will ever exist. I could be wrong though since the Passport is substantially different from anything else you had for the last 4.5 years.

Posted via CB10
    02-07-15 05:36 AM
    Well if I recall it correctly the Torch 9800 was released in August of 2010. That means you went through 11 devices within 4.5 years, so on average you kept each of those devices a little less than 5 months before you moved on to yet another one. All things considered, I don't think the 'right' device for you will ever exist. I could be wrong though since the Passport is substantially different from anything else you had for the last 4.5 years.

Posted via CB10
    Well not a big deal actually I go through 2 devices every year sometimes 3. Some people love tech, maybe a little too much. Jay and I are one of them

Posted via CB10
    02-16-15 11:47 AM
    But I think I'll stick to my z30 for a while

Posted via CB10
    02-16-15 11:48 AM
    Go on! You will not regret it!

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport
    02-16-15 01:34 PM