Please suggest if I should go for passport or dtek50. Think of dtek50 since its android and all apps (like WhatsApp, Facebook, etc) will support in future. I love BlackBerry OS10 and feel so bad that it's going down. Pls suggest as I did not get good reviews on dtek50 especially it's slowness and batt issues.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-16 10:13 AM
    I've seen good reviews about dtek50,don't have it don't want it so don't know much about it,,but I'm dying to get a black passport since I've used classic for nearly a year and I want to upgrade to passport but without facebook,whatsapp now blend who knows what's next, I'd be a complete ***** to spend INR 42k on a phone whose os is nearly dead. For now dtek50 would be a gud choice,its a decent mid tier phone with better cameras, lightweight,tons of apps etc etc.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-16 10:25 AM
    I sold my fav mobile my Z30 in order to buy dtek50, cause of no required apps
    I am jobless

dtek50
    08-30-16 10:25 AM
    If you need the apps then its a no brainier, go for a DTEK50 or even better, a Priv for the same price. The Priv has no issues with performance or battery, it also has a PKB, so you won't miss out on that.
    TgeekB likes this.
    08-30-16 11:30 AM
    I stay in Mumbai, India. Dtek50 is 30k and priv is around 40k+..so what do u guys suggest. Passport price is same as dtek50..pls suggest

Posted via CB10
    08-31-16 02:30 AM
    If you're considering the DTEK I would definitely go with the Priv instead

EDIT: oh you're from India. Here in the states the Priv is basically the same price. Sorry about that. I would go with DTEK. The lack of apps will catch you in the long term if not in the short term

Posted via BlackBerry PRIV
    08-31-16 03:25 AM
    Please suggest if I should go for passport or dtek50. Think of dtek50 since its android and all apps (like WhatsApp, Facebook, etc) will support in future. I love BlackBerry OS10 and feel so bad that it's going down. Pls suggest as I did not get good reviews on dtek50 especially it's slowness and batt issues.

Posted via CB10
    If ya tech savvy even a little bit, Passport SE hand down!! Love it even in 2016 and that price for those specs and speakers, etc, etc, etc, etc...

Posted via CB10
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    08-31-16 04:26 AM
    If you are easy with android then you can think about Dtek and Priv but if you are fan of BB10 OS then passport is the best option. Personally I have no interest in any blackberry phone running on android or without physical keypad. I am using passport since its release and I have not a single complain about any aspect of it. After using its keypad and BB10 I have no desire to shift to any other platform or phone.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-16 05:06 AM
    Passport!

Posted via CB10
    08-31-16 06:36 AM
    Passport. No device ever made like it. If it's productivity you are looking for then passport. If it's having access to the Google play store then dtek.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-16 06:43 AM
    I am looking at efficiency, productivity, smart working and I think BlackBerry is a winner. I don't think android can beat that so passport would be ideal option but today I have a new problem. My IT as disabled TLS 1.0 and using only TLS 1.2 which unfortunately current OS (10.3.2.2639) does not support for exchange emails in my office so I m stuck. I don't when new update will come and will it solve the issue. I heard there are tickets raised for this with BlackBerry but no commitment or revert on solution and os update release date. Feeling very disappointed :-(

Posted via CB10
    08-31-16 09:37 AM
    If you need apps or must have whatsapp access you might as well embrace the transition to iOS/Android/Windows 10. I am fine with BB10 because I don't really need apps for personal matters.

Now if you decide to enter the droid world, there are better phones than the DTEK out there.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-16 09:44 AM
    If you need social media , BlackBerry is getting less and less support for bb10 apps. I require a lot of social media to run and advertise my business. It just makes more sense for me to have an android device now. Which is sad. Cause I love BlackBerry and their Devices . But when lack of support makes it harder for my business. I had to make smart decisions to move on. If they had bb10 with proper app support. I would go back In a heartbeat.

Posted via G5 with hub+
    08-31-16 10:11 AM
    How long do you expect to keep the phone? If it's more than 18-24 months, I would seriously consider the DTEK, as we don't have a clear idea of what the BB10 experience will be by mid 2018.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-16 10:15 AM
    I agree. If i have to switch to andorid then i would rather go for other devices (i like samsung note 5 or 7) but i love blackberry and dont want to switch. I am average on social media so still confused what to do?
    08-31-16 10:16 AM
    Cheap used Passport or a new DTEK50. I like my wife's DTEK50, so if this phone breaks, I wouldn't be too upset moving on to the DTEK50. But hopefully this device keeps going on until Mercury.

RedBerry Passport /10.3.2.2876 / Telus
    08-31-16 10:19 AM
    Get the Passport SE because the operating system is awesome!

Posted via CB10
    08-31-16 06:28 PM
    Buy a BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition.
    08-31-16 06:49 PM
    What's the difference between passport and passport SE....i checked online but could not find any difference except the body and color?

Posted via CB10
    08-31-16 09:10 PM
    What's the difference between passport and passport SE....i checked online but could not find any difference except the body and color?

Posted via CB10
    The Passport SE is newer (hasn't been sitting around forever as in the battery) and also more room at the bottom of the keyboard as well as even more sturdy being solid steel construction even though they both are well built. Always go for the newer SE. It's a beauty!! The shell is superb on the SE so much so IMO worth the switch. Also the keyboard is a little better with pressing the keys not as stiff so I heard!...

Posted via CB10
    08-31-16 09:55 PM
    The Passport SE is newer (hasn't been sitting around forever as in the battery) and also more room at the bottom of the keyboard (big deal) as well as even more sturdy being solid steel construction even though they both are well built. Always go for the newer SE. It's a beauty!! The shell is superb on the SE so much so IMO worth the switch. Also the keyboard is a little better with pressing the keys not as stiff so I heard!...

SE is a taller device!

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    08-31-16 09:56 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yes that's basically the difference. However it's absolutely gorgeous. I love my Passport SE in every way. I don't think I would feel the same for the regular black one. The SE feels so premium

DreadPirateRegan likes this.
    09-01-16 12:04 AM
    Yes that's basically the difference. However it's absolutely gorgeous. I love my Passport SE in every way. I don't think I would feel the same for the regular black one. The SE feels so premium

The only thing I admit is the white one is cool looking!

Also the A T & T version is the only version to have wireless charging!

With that said, SE is just to perfect! SE all the way but I'd buy a white one for a tablet just cause white blackberrys always hold their value way more, odd but true!

Posted via CB10
    09-01-16 12:45 AM
    Just got myself a Priv the other week and I'm just stoked. At the price I got it for, it is the best value phone I have ever bought. It was a choice between the Priv and the Passport.

Can't say I've forgotten about the Passport, though. I'm still lusting for it for that pkb. The pkb on the Priv is very good, probably 90% as good as my Q10's, but all the fine reviews of the Passport's pkb is keeping my lust for it alive. Won't be surprised if I finally give in one of these days and use the Passport as my secondary phone....

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-02-16 01:04 AM
    Priv is pretty awesome actually after much use with it, but personally staying with my Passport SE also until it dies. With Cobalt's app solution and Snap I have everything I need...God bless that man, lol

Posted via CB10
    10-02-16 02:56 AM
27 12