Suddenly my Passport won't recognize when the original headphones are plugged, which resulted in music playing through the speakers. Thus, the headphones works on e.g. my macbook and ipod. Moreover, other headphones, such as the ipods works on the Passport.

Anyone experiencing the same thing? and any suggestions/theories on the fault?
    09-25-15 05:01 PM
    The same thing happened to me the other day, just gave the phone a restart and it seemed to fix the issue.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-15 06:15 AM
    TTY has to be switched off. It worked for me.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-15 05:25 AM
    Suddenly my Passport won't recognize when the original headphones are plugged, which resulted in music playing through the speakers. Thus, the headphones works on e.g. my macbook and ipod. Moreover, other headphones, such as the ipods works on the Passport.

Anyone experiencing the same thing? and any suggestions/theories on the fault?
    I'll tell you exactly what it is. Happened to me last week. Grab a flash light and take a look inside the passports headphone jack. Inside you will see its filled with a little lint from your pants pocket. Grab a little pin and scoop all of it out. Once you you've taken it out it will work again.

BlackBerry original headphones are built in such a way that it needs to be a completely clean jack.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-15 06:16 AM
    I'll tell you exactly what it is. Happened to me last week. Grab a flash light and take a look inside the passports headphone jack. Inside you will see its filled with a little lint from your pants pocket. Grab a little pin and scoop all of it out. Once you you've taken it out it will work again.

BlackBerry original headphones are built in such a way that it needs to be a completely clean jack.

Posted via CB10
    I make it a habit to hand-vac my devices occasionally... Suction the dust and want not from the Keyboard, head jack, charger/usb port and speakers... Scoff if you must, but my level of OCD keeps my devices in immaculate order...

Posted via CB10
    09-28-15 06:54 AM
    If I knew what scoff was I'd do it

Posted via CB10
    09-28-15 08:04 AM
    If I knew what scoff was I'd do it

Posted via CB10
    WORD OF THE DAY

Scoff: To express some degree of derision (AKA to mock...)

Posted via CB10
    09-28-15 08:24 AM
    Use a round toothpick instead of an electric conducting pin. Just don't break any wood off.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-15 09:09 AM