Greetings!

Hope you are all well on this lovely sunday afternoon.

I was just playing around with my Passport and enjoying this amazing piece of tech when a thought flashed into my mind. All things considered, this is as near perfect as any Smartphone has ever got for me.
    I am really contented.

I am now facing a very strange scenario.

Usually, I cant wait for the next generation of a product to be released, due to the usually time constraints and oversight /slip ups, that plague first generation releases.

What would I want BlackBerry to include in the Passport 2?

At this moment, I hadn't got an answer.

So I would love to hear your thoughts so I can put my future expectations and wants, into perspective.

What do you want to see in the Passport 2?

C001C21C1
    Daniel Calutul and tomsobon like this.
    03-22-15 07:18 AM
    A more traditional BlackBerry keyboard experience. When I hold it like a 16x9 phone, my thumbs can't reach the left two and right two columns of keys because the device is so wide. Put a Q10 keyboard on the next one. Ergonomics must trump asthetics if they're striving for productivity.
    keypad likes this.
    03-22-15 08:12 AM
    Oh, and rounded corners for everyone!
    Barbareren likes this.
    03-22-15 08:23 AM
    The only reason I have not bought a Passport is because of its unconventional (3-row) keyboard. I will buy Passport 2 if it has a conventional keyboard (even better if the KB is capacitive)!
    MarsupilamiX, Q10Bold and keypad like this.
    03-22-15 08:39 AM
    Oh, and rounded corners for everyone!
    Im good with the pointy sides myself, but I understand your point that rounded edges would be more comfortable to hold.

C001C21C1
    03-22-15 08:48 AM
    Okay, a handwritten note to self has put into my mind inputting devices.

I would like a Stylus built in for handwritten notes and to use with amazing apps like Sketchbook and Workwide.

Bring forth the "B-EN."

C001C21C1
    Prem WatsApp and TgeekB like this.
    03-22-15 08:57 AM
    USB C instead of Slimport: might as well go with an industry standard.

CDMA support: just throw down the gauntlet and submit it for FCC approval whether Verizon wants to carry it or not and then let customers know it's ready for production.

Along with CDMA, a consolidated radio stack to reduce the SKU's.

Improved camera

Posted via CB10
    03-22-15 08:57 AM
    Usb C sounds good to me.

Lets hope it works well with the Passport 2s screen resolution as Slimport to Hdmi HDTV is really hit and miss for me.

C001C21C1
    03-22-15 09:18 AM
    When you swipe down on the keyboard symbols appear on the keys.

Z30 STA100-2. 10.3.1.747
    03-22-15 09:41 AM
    Induction charging

Just a little more space on the bottom , between the lower row of keys and the frame. I would help me to hold it better and my thumbs wouldn't have to point down so much, they would be more comfortable

The ability to take a photo with the case cover closed. Photos are great IMO, but having a flip case always makes it tough to take photos, I usually take the case off for many one handed photos or videos

Posted via CB10
    keypad and AndrewOrlowski like this.
    03-22-15 09:50 AM
    Half an inch smaller maybe? With the same resolution. Better battery life, better processor. And please change the back. I don't really like the feel. Just give us the carbon weave like the Z30. A bit lighter won't hurt. If possible, use the capacitive keyboard with a function like a mouse pointer. So it is possible to operate the device without having to touch the touchscreen at all.
    03-22-15 10:22 AM
    (1) available on Verizon.

(2) Dual sim
    03-22-15 10:34 AM
    The only reason I have not bought a Passport is because of its unconventional (3-row) keyboard. I will buy Passport 2 if it has a conventional keyboard (even better if the KB is capacitive)!
    Try it, you will change your mind, it's actually easier to use!

Posted via CB10
    03-22-15 11:35 AM
    Full touch and I would buy instantly.

  
    Tranamal and RigoMonster like this.
    03-22-15 01:15 PM
    Rounded corners like the AT&T version with a leather back and gold trim.

Loving my Passport!
    03-22-15 01:20 PM
    Try it, you will change your mind, it's actually easier to use!

Posted via CB10
    I have played with the Passport keyboard a little, but didn't like it. I do understand that people have been saying it takes a few days to get used to it, and it feels great afterwards. But, I have hesitated because I still use my Q10 occasionally, and thought it would be confusing to switch between the keyboards. Adding to that, I am not sure what BlackBerry's future plans are with regards to the keyboard styles. Since Classic's keyboard has been conventional, I don't have any idea what the next keyboard will be like (is BlackBerry going to the 3-row keyboard on all future devices, or will they stick with the conventional one?).

To be honest, I don't have any desire to spend weeks getting used to something that I will have to give up when the next device comes out. Since I like the BlackBerry phones and will probably buy most of their future models, I just don't want to spend a lot of time learning a new thing that is just temporary. However, I will buy it if BlackBerry announces that all their future devices will have the 3-row keyboard!
    JesseBabe23 likes this.
    03-22-15 01:28 PM
    Less bezel on the sides at least 5-6 mm. About 20-30 grams lighter. All other specs for sure will be better.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-15 02:04 PM
    A finger print reader, a must for a security oriented devices. Great for quickly unlocking the phone instead of a code.

A little bit lighter as I think it is a bit on the heavy side, let's say 20 grams lighter.

The ability to use multi touch on the keyboard. The ability to use the keyboard as a mouse tracking device including tapping.

The fourth keyboard row (numerical keys). Either that or make the screen a standing 4:3 ratio. I think I want the fourth numerical row before a 4:3 screen though.

For same extra ingenuity, make the keyboard dynamic. Think Art Lebedev keyboard that can change the symbols of the keys. Doesn't need to be an OLED for every key. You can have an LCD below the keys and the keys are transparent. The capacitive touch sensitivity of the screen can also be used to detect key presses. I think some students at Microsoft already did this. Only Students Will Get To Use Microsoft's LCD Screen Keyboard.
    03-22-15 02:19 PM
    Im good with the pointy sides myself, but I understand your point that rounded edges would be more comfortable to hold.
    I hate the way it feels in my pants pocket. And I don't use that word very often, lol
    Barbareren likes this.
    03-22-15 02:22 PM
    1/2 inch smaller with the same resolution.
    rounded corners.
    way better camera.
    03-22-15 02:57 PM
    Half an inch smaller maybe? With the same resolution. Better battery life, better processor. And please change the back. I don't really like the feel. Just give us the carbon weave like the Z30. A bit lighter won't hurt. If possible, use the capacitive keyboard with a function like a mouse pointer. So it is possible to operate the device without having to touch the touchscreen at all.
    1/2 inch smaller with the same resolution.
    rounded corners.
    way better camera.
    Yes to the mouse pointer, just like Classic... :-)
    No rounded corners. Looks weak.
    Yes, we will always be asking for a better camera into all eternity. ;-)
    No, please not smaller. Wouldn't be Passport size anymore. Size is kinda fixed therefore...

�   Passposted while waiting for the Zzzzzlider....   �
    03-22-15 04:19 PM
    I have played with the Passport keyboard a little, but didn't like it. I do understand that people have been saying it takes a few days to get used to it, and it feels great afterwards. But, I have hesitated because I still use my Q10 occasionally, and thought it would be confusing to switch between the keyboards. Adding to that, I am not sure what BlackBerry's future plans are with regards to the keyboard styles. Since Classic's keyboard has been conventional, I don't have any idea what the next keyboard will be like (is BlackBerry going to the 3-row keyboard on all future devices, or will they stick with the conventional one?).

To be honest, I don't have any desire to spend weeks getting used to something that I will have to give up when the next device comes out. Since I like the BlackBerry phones and will probably buy most of their future models, I just don't want to spend a lot of time learning a new thing that is just temporary. However, I will buy it if BlackBerry announces that all their future devices will have the 3-row keyboard!
    Given facts:
    1) It will be Passport size. So size is fixed.
    2) It will have a square screen.

Now try and fit a four-row keyboard in there. Squeeeeze.... or it won't happen! :-)

�   Passposted while waiting for the Zzzzzlider....   �
    03-22-15 04:23 PM
    I hate the way it feels in my pants pocket. And I don't use that word very often, lol
    Yeah, I can't imagine carrying that in my pocket.

Be classically hip with the BlackBerry Classic
    03-22-15 05:15 PM
    Full touch and stylus +1
    03-22-15 05:24 PM
    Fix the occasional battery drainage/warm phone/high system usage.

Better Android App performance.

Dual sim card

Order movie

More functions on BlackBerry Blend

Make BBM Meeting free
    Supa_Fly1 likes this.
    03-22-15 05:31 PM
94 123 ...