i tried to sync my blackberry today and it kept on asking me for my device passcode. I entered it and it kept on tellining me it was wrong. What in the world is it asking me for then??
    Last edited by ollevons; 03-03-09 at 07:10 AM.
    03-03-09 07:05 AM
    Well it must believe that your password is active on the sync partnership. Disconnect your bb and go to options>password and set from enabled to disabled. This MIGHT help.
    03-03-09 07:24 AM
    try the default passcode for bluetooth. it is either 1111 or 0000
    03-03-09 08:26 AM
    i tried to change it so that there is no pass code and it was telling me to enter blackberry. I did and now it is at my last attempt and saying that it will delete all data if it is entered wrong again. I dont want to loose everything so i am afraid to try anything else.
    03-03-09 10:31 AM
    If, when you entered your password on your BB, you used numbers in your password, they're actually letters. Unless you held down the ALT key. I ran into this myself when DM asked for my password. Mine has numbers in it. For example, if your password is LKJ654 typed on your BB, unless you held the ALT key, your password is actually LKJFDS. Remember, without the ALT key pressed, your password is actually letters.
    03-03-09 03:43 PM
    THANK YOU!!! I didn't even think of that!!!! I was entering it as numbers not the letters.. Now i am still afraid to try it cuz i dont want my device to be cleared on me in case I enter it wrong again. I am not exactly sure if it synced the 1st time i hooked it up to my pc. I will just call customer support to be safe.. thanks again
    03-03-09 06:36 PM
    Or is it Lkjfds, or lkjfDs ? That autocap on long press always leaves me twitching on a password field.

If it's saying "Pass Code" that tends to imply Bluetooth pairing. Switch off the BT and connect with a proper USB cable to make it as simple as possible.

Are you on a BES phone (business email) or the regular end-user BIS service? If it's BES your office BES admin might be able to help you if you ask before the next failure triggers a wipe.

Before you go to the one last attempt, DISCONNECT the phone completely from your computer, and see if it still works. If its good go into Options/Password, and just look to see if it is set as Active. (I think it's not set, and your software is cranky because it can't ask for a password which is not even set.) Then reach for the pencil and pad, and start writing all those phone numbers and emails which you never backed up.

Bottom line is you're probably shafted, and the only consolation is you're not the first to be caught without a backup.
    03-03-09 06:37 PM
    If you get one valid entry your failure counter to wipe the phone is reset, probably back to 10. You can afford to play now.

Customer support can't be any more help, even the Worldwide Head of Support at RIM can't help. Only you can enter it correctly (or not, and it's all over). There are no backdoors, no masterkeys, nothing. BlackBerry is secure. If its going to wipe its going to wipe.
    03-03-09 06:42 PM
    Good point branta. Sorry, I was only using caps to show my point. Shoulda put a disclaimer in there. Caps was used for illustration purposes only.
    03-03-09 06:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD