What is required for my BB to be tapped? Hopefully it has to physically get in the hands of the person in question. Thanks.
    07-30-11 08:15 AM
    There are several parts to that question.

First is the matter of intercepting phone and SMS text. That can be done by any Law Enforcement agency with a warrant. It takes place within the carriers infrastructure and will not be apparent to the user.

Additionally, a "hacker" with the correct hardware can intercept the radio signal and monitor outgoing voice and text. That has been a big news item in the UK in recent months.

There are also "Spy" programs that must be installed on the device by a third party, often without a court order and warrant.

BlackBerry Data can also be monitored with the correct warrants. If you are using BIS, as most consumer do, the data stream can be intercepted by the carrier and passed to the authorized agency. The data stream can then be expanded and decrypted because all BlackBerry share a common security certificate.

If your BlackBerry is part of a BES network using strong encryption, it is not possible to decrypt the data to and from the device. Instead, the data must be obtained from behind the corporate firewall.
    07-30-11 10:59 AM
    What is required for my BB to be tapped? Hopefully it has to physically get in the hands of the person in question. Thanks.
    Who do you suspect is tapping your phone?
    07-30-11 11:05 AM
    epic lols right here

watch the last couple seasons of The Wire

they can tap you right out of the airwaves!
    07-30-11 11:39 AM
    I'm not concerned nor do I care about getting tapped. BIS is encrypted through the NOC. BES is encrypted too. They'd have to do some breaching to be able to accomplish that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-30-11 03:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD