Every time I try and connect to "Wi-fi Hotspot Login" at Panera Bread I get a "communication failure" message. It doesn't matter what Panera I'm in I get the same message every single time. Wifi login is pretty much a no brainier but has anyone successfully got a connection on Panera? or are Blackberries blocked? TIA
    09-21-09 04:12 PM
    they shouldnt be...any type of security key
    09-21-09 05:09 PM
    I've gotten that same error for the past few months. I did get UMA/WiFi at Panera in the past using that SSID (PANERA) and the WiFi HotSpot Login bookmark, so I know it works. It just hasn't worked recently, including yesterday when I tried to connect.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by hubermania; 09-21-09 at 06:01 PM.
    09-21-09 05:59 PM
    I am in the same situation. The problem occurs when I launch my web browser. Apparently Panera bread requires you to accept their terms and conditions via a redirected log on web page. when I try to access this I get a " communication error has occured the web server is unavailable". I beleive the page is
    paneralogin800.wanderingwifi.com/login

any ideas, could this be a browser issue or is there some RIM server issue going on?? every other wifi connection works on my 8900, not sure why this is a problem.
    09-22-09 01:00 PM
    I am in the same situation. The problem occurs when I launch my web browser. Apparently Panera bread requires you to accept their terms and conditions via a redirected log on web page. when I try to access this I get a " communication error has occured the web server is unavailable". I beleive the page is
    paneralogin800.wanderingwifi.com/login

any ideas, could this be a browser issue or is there some RIM server issue going on?? every other wifi connection works on my 8900, not sure why this is a problem.
    That's exactly the issue I'm running into.
    Last edited by JD914; 09-24-09 at 07:51 PM.
    09-24-09 07:47 PM
    You need to change the browser default to the hotspot browser to gain direct access to their wireless router. Then accept their terms so that your mac is accepted into there system. Then it will work. (This is how I do it) It you leave it on default internet browser it tries to contact the rim servers first

09-24-09 08:04 PM
    my laptop never has issues to connect at the panera. the new BB can't connect anywhere yet :-(

if you figure out , please post so i can learn too.

thanks.
    10-12-09 03:55 AM
    Make sure you don't use opera or bolt browser prior to accepting the terms using the hotspot browser of BB. Opera and bolt communicate through their own servers and not directly.
    10-15-09 05:51 PM
    My bold is in the same condition at the moment. I can't seem to connect wifi anywhere for that matter. It worked smoothly before, but this past week it was not able to connect wifi anywhere. Does anyone know what's going on?
    10-23-09 02:19 AM
    You need to change the browser default to the hotspot browser to gain direct access to their wireless router. Then accept their terms so that your mac is accepted into there system. Then it will work. (This is how I do it) It you leave it on default internet browser it tries to contact the rim servers first

Has anyone tried this yet? I plan on going to Panera on Saturday (I haven't been since I've got my new phone) and was curious if this worked.

10-28-09 04:53 PM
    I work at Panera and tried my new S2 today, worked fine
    10-28-09 05:03 PM
    My Blackberry Passport can't connect to Panera wi-fi. I click to log in and it never connects to anything!!!

Posted via CB10
    06-07-18 12:33 PM
    My Blackberry Passport can't connect to Panera wi-fi. I click to log in and it never connects to anything!!!

Posted via CB10
    Nine years later and still broken...

You don’t get prompted with browser window to accept Panera wifi terms and conditions?
    Last edited by Chuck Finley69; 06-09-18 at 06:14 PM.
    06-07-18 09:26 PM
    Go to Network and Connection- WiFi - Saved (bottom left) then delete the existing profile for the retailer's WiFi and try to reconnect after this. It does not always work but often will.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-18 02:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD