So as some of you (that I know) know, I bought a new Beamer a couple months back. Well, after nothing but issues, the dealership allowed me to trade it back in for a 2004 Acura TL. Hooray!

Well, I successfully paired my phone with the car's bluetooth system (it only took me like an hour ) but here is my question: I have bluetooth enabled on my phone all the time anyway, is that all my car needs to register that my phone is in the vehicle? Do I need to setup my phone any other way?

Also, and yes I read my manual guys, if I want to dial someone from my device and have my car pick up the call, is this possible?

Thanks!!
    10-17-08 11:09 AM
    I have a Verizon 8330 Curve (ummm... you still with Verizon? kinda lost lock on that saga! :-) ).

It's paired with a Parrot handsfree system (Parrot Carkit), an after-market installation. The only time your Curve needs to be in discoverable mode is when you are actually pairing. Otherwise, I just keep Bluetooth active (non-discoverable) on the Curve, and it automatically connects when I get into my truck and start it up. Actually pretty kewl!

When paired and properly connected, all the calls should go through your car system even when originating from the Curve and not dialed from the car system, unless you explicitly "activate handset", in which case the call is then routed through the Curve.
    Last edited by jbeachy; 10-17-08 at 11:46 AM.
    10-17-08 11:39 AM
    Thanks for your response! Yes, I decided to stay with Verizon - they finally caved. God love'em.

Ok cool so no need to do anything special with my device settings.

NOW - I tried to make a phone call this morning. Dialed it from my device and then hit the pickup button on my steering wheel.. Nada. What am I doing wrong?
    10-17-08 11:48 AM
    I had trouble connecting my bluetooth in my Lamborghini when i first got it...hehe
    10-17-08 11:52 AM
    Lamborghinis need special drivers...
    10-17-08 12:11 PM
    Thanks for your response! Yes, I decided to stay with Verizon - they finally caved. God love'em.

Ok cool so no need to do anything special with my device settings.

NOW - I tried to make a phone call this morning. Dialed it from my device and then hit the pickup button on my steering wheel.. Nada. What am I doing wrong?
    Jenay, go to manage connectionc->bluetooth options, then go to the device name for your car, hit your menu button and choose device properties. Make sure where is says "trusted" is set to yes. Save it and go back out. That should allow it to automatically connect to your car when you turn on your car. Also check options, "connect on power up" is set to yes. Enjoy! BTW, TL is the better choice in cars anyway!
    10-17-08 12:19 PM
    SL thanks so much, that worked!!! Wooooot!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-17-08 02:06 PM
    Ok so my device is paired - works flawlessly.

How the h*ll do I add numbers to the car's phone book??

10-18-08 06:29 PM
    Ok so my device is paired - works flawlessly.

How the h*ll do I add numbers to the car's phone book??

On my car, I activate the hands free and simply say store. It asks me for the number, then a label. If I want to call the number I say call work or whatever label I've given the number. Yours will be very similar.
    10-18-08 08:17 PM
    Jenay, that is a little tougher as I don't know the cars system......I do know that there must be a way because I remember Acura saying you could scroll through all your contacts on the display. Likely, if its similar to the Chrysler ones o have use you can hot the phone button and say "transfer phonebook" or something like that. Usually they will prompt you along......

10-18-08 08:21 PM
    See, that's the thing. I'm not sure what to say when the voice actuvation prompts me. Sigh. Oh well. I'm in vegas and I'm a but tipsy - ill worry about it later.

10-18-08 09:10 PM
    See, that's the thing. I'm not sure what to say when the voice actuvation prompts me. Sigh. Oh well. I'm in vegas and I'm a but tipsy - ill worry about it later.

Say help and the hands free should begin explaining how to use the features.
    10-18-08 09:44 PM
    Usually you can do the following to import contacts:

Manage Connections > Bluetooth Options > Highlight your car > Menu Key > Should have an option for Transfer Address Book.

You may not have the option as Acura says Contact and Phonebook import is not available for your vehicle/trim level.

Device Compatibility tool for Acura vehicles

hth,

e.n.
    10-18-08 10:45 PM
    Wooooooooot! I finally figured it out - thanks guys!!

10-19-08 01:49 AM
    Congrats on Getting a TL. I have an 04 TL and 07 MDX. best cars out. Swing by the acura dealership and grab a manual or ask for the HandsFreeLink Manual. and change the ringer in the car to a voice prompt. so cool to hear her/him say 'You have an Incoming Call" if u need any Acura advice message me.
    10-19-08 04:48 AM
    Thanks dwhite! Yeah its a nice car, I like it. I already have the voice prompt for the incoming call - its sick!

10-19-08 12:07 PM
    Acuras (Hondas) are great cars.
    10-19-08 01:42 PM
    You will probably find that your BB contacts won't Blue Tooth to the car which is a bummer.

10-19-08 01:49 PM
    I know the newer model TLs support the address book import, but not sure about 04. My TSX doesn't, but I get by.

If the system is the same as it is in the TSX (which I suspect it is) if you originate a call on the handset, you'll have to transfer it over to the HFL. It's easy enough, just push the phone button and say "transfer." The voila, the call transfers to the BT. It works flawlessly for me. As soon as I turn on the key, the blue light on the BB starts to flash. It's frighteningly seamless. I love it.

And congrats on the TL, they're great cars. A bit big for my taste (at least it felt big when I test drove it) but still a great car.
    10-19-08 05:09 PM
    Congrats on Getting a TL. I have an 04 TL and 07 MDX. best cars out. Swing by the acura dealership and grab a manual or ask for the HandsFreeLink Manual. and change the ringer in the car to a voice prompt. so cool to hear her/him say 'You have an Incoming Call" if u need any Acura advice message me.
    Do you know if Acura ever comes out with any updates for their bluetooth? I've recently purchased an 06 TL and it pairs perfectly with my Verizon BB 8330. Did the software OS upgrade yesterday to 4.5 and seem to have run into an issue of the keys locking up after I've made a call. Can only resolve by battery pull. Have you heard anyone having this issue?

jkk4
    11-08-08 04:45 AM
    I paired my new blackberry 8330 with a plantronics 222 earpiece. But I can't get it to pair with my Acura MDX (I had no problem pairing my last phone). Any suggestions?
    01-16-09 05:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD