Hey guys, I have an old razor with a bunch of pics that i would like to send via bluetooth. I tried and tried to get my pearl and the razor to pair but it wont work. I thought that since my razor is no longer in service that the bluetooth would not work but i was able to pair it (razor) with my headset. If anybody can help or explain why it wont work i thank you.
    01-19-09 12:25 AM
    It should work perfectly fine because I transfer files from my KRZR to my blackberry all the time (because I didn't download desktop manager with media :x ).

What you have to do is go to your media manager on your blackberry and scroll over "pictures" then click your trackwheel or trackball and scroll down to "receive using blue tooth" then put your blackberry down.

Now pick up your razr or krzr or whatever and choose the file you want to send. Scroll down click send and then you should have an option to send it as bluetooth.

Start the file transfer and the picture should be sent!

If you have any questions let me know.
    I used to mod motorola phones before I found the crackberry.

If you don't have the option to send through bluetooth just PM me and there are a few steps we need to go through before you can send through bluetooth.

Hope all works out!
    01-19-09 12:44 AM
    Hey thanks mat. It worked for the pics but i can not transfer any of my vids. Any advise?
    01-19-09 12:56 AM
    What version OS are you using on the Pearl?

If you can't transfer your videos then go to this link BlackBerry - BlackBerry Device Software

and hit the "Update Now" button.

Follow the directions to get the most recent OS update for your phone. Your current Pearl OS version should be fine to receive videos via bluetooth but if you REALLY want to make sure it works you could just update your OS.

Or do the exact same thing you did to transfer your picture files, except do it with "videos" on your blackberry .
    It should work fine though the Pearl has video support.
    01-19-09 01:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD