hi guy's and gals,

Got a curve 8900, and also got a 2009 Jaguar XF,

i have managed to pair my B.B. and can receive & make calls.
    however, the phone book listing is coming up as two numbers.

e.g. on the phone i have

Andy 07932 900 000

but on the car it comes up as

07932 900 900 07932 900 900

no names, just repeats the number.

i don't know what settings to change/check. any ideas ??

oh yeh, that's not my real number by the way..

cheers
    andy.
    07-24-09 07:52 AM
    07-24-09 08:45 AM
    i have checked the links, they don't really give an answer.

they seem to be having the same problem with no results
    07-24-09 09:18 AM
    One said something about upgrading... but other than that I dont think there is much you can do..... i think it is an issue with the phone talking to the audio system in the Jag..
    07-24-09 09:42 AM
    hey guy's...

it feels like such a short weekend,..

so i managed to pair my BB with my wife's jag, it's a 2007 X-type. it paired no problem and the phonebook works perfect.

tryed un-pairing and starting at the beginning with my own car, but still no joy - just duplicated numbers again

any other ideas, someone seems to think i might need a software downgrade???

is this possible ??
    07-27-09 01:52 AM
    Downgrade? Really?? that doesn't seam right, sounds like an issue with the car, since it will pair with the other car

Sorry I can not be of more help.
    07-27-09 07:49 AM
    XK'S AND XF'S wont upload phone book properly if you are using any Blackberry software above 4.5 its a known issue unfortunately the change is going to have to come from Blackberry....Jaguar hasn't released software updates to XK/XF phone modules and Jag technical help has advise us at the dealer to not hold your breath waiting...most resources have been directed toward new product development....S-Type,X-Type and XJ use an older Motorola Bluetooth module that seems to work with a lot more phones....
    08-15-09 11:00 PM
    \
    While I am a pro at pairing phones and cars and am the "go-to" guy for all my friends to come to when they need to get their cars paired, I have to admit that I hate car bluetooth systems and refuse to use the one in my BMW.

I happily always use my Motorola H700 (which I love).

The problem that you are having has nothing to do with your phone. It's the Jag interface and there is nothing that can be done unless Jag releases an update to the car's computer system.

My recommendation? Erase your phone settings and go out and get a Motorola H700 ear piece. It works. It's fool proof. And you don't need to raise your voice in the car to use it. And people can always hear you just as if you were talking directly into a conventional phone.

The H700 is awesome. Car bluetooth systems are all junk.
    08-16-09 12:23 AM
    I have an 09 XF SC.

I initially had an 8300 with OS 4.2 when I got the XF. Phonebook uploaded properly when I paired the phone. I then upgraded to 4.5 and the phonebook started to upload as the OP described (two numbers instead of names).

I got an 8900 and immediately upgraded to 5.0.0.100. When I paired the phone to the car, the phonebook came through properly. I started having issues with 5.0.0.100 (reboots and then app errors) so I downgraded back to 4.6.1.250 and once again paired to the car and got the proper phonebook.

Bottom line, 4.6.1.250 and 5.0.0.100 work fine with the XF.
    08-16-09 12:44 AM
    hi guy's and gals,

Got a curve 8900, and also got a 2009 Jaguar XF,

i have managed to pair my B.B. and can receive & make calls.
    however, the phone book listing is coming up as two numbers.

e.g. on the phone i have

Andy 07932 900 000

but on the car it comes up as

07932 900 900 07932 900 900

no names, just repeats the number.

oh yeh, that's not my real number by the way..

cheers
    andy.
    Hi Andy

I've got an 8830 with Bell Mobility in a 2008 XJ8. I could swear that when I first got the car that both the names and numbers showed up, but after my phone was compromised and the software was reintalled, I get number/number only. Have you found a cure yet?

Regards,
    Herb
    New to Crackberry
    11-25-09 08:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD