OK so I've read a few threads about painting your berries....and I'm thinking of doing it. More so I am going to. I just can't decide on a color. Candy purple is my first thought. Who knows, I am going to check out some colors tonight. If anyone has suggestions on how to's that will help with the job please post away!!

M
    06-17-08 03:26 PM
    My suggestion would be to buy a new housing to paint for your Berry and save the original. Also keep in mind this will void your warranty.
    06-17-08 03:28 PM
    I would recommend sending it in to ColorWare... although it is a bit pricey.

They always seem to do an amazing job... and then you do not have to go through the hassle. And you do not have to worry about paint chips coming off in your keypad and trackball from a home-made job. haha

Whatever you decide, good luck!! And post some pics
    06-17-08 03:34 PM
    I would recommend sending it in to ColorWare... although it is a bit pricey.
    No way I'm spending $150 to not have her for 3 weeks, just to have a paint job that I can do myself for $20 in a couple of hours!!

I guess if your not capable thats a good option, however I like to think I'm pretty handy. We will see...I will def post pics.

M
    06-17-08 03:53 PM
    go for it bgirl let us know how it turns out i just ordered the fantasy pink skinf formy sprint curve should be here thursday i cant wait
    06-17-08 03:59 PM
    My suggestion would be to buy a new housing to paint for your Berry and save the original. Also keep in mind this will void your warranty.
    I would do this also.
    06-17-08 04:00 PM
    I'd take jeany's advice. That way you (a) get to practice and (b)
    if it does not come the way you want, your original is still intact.

Good luck, and yes, we want to see pics
    06-17-08 04:02 PM
    I agree with jenay as well and Im thinking about doing it myself. Itll be my old high school colors. Theres a thought.
    06-17-08 04:17 PM
    I would use a Best Skins Ever Skin on it when finished. If the paint starts to chip, the rest of the paint won't last long. What type of paint do you have in mind? Spray can? Since it is a pearl, how do you plan on keeping the keys numbered, or are the keys not going to match the body.

Just get it all planned out beforehand and you should be fine. You will need a torx driver (#4 size I think), and it should be pretty straight forward. Avoid paint buildup as it will make assembly more difficult.

Lastly give it plenty of drying time(24 hours). Finger prints in the paint would be the worst after all that work!
    06-17-08 04:22 PM
    Yes yes!! Pictures when you are done, please!!
    06-17-08 04:26 PM
    Good luck! Post pics when you're done!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-17-08 04:37 PM
    No way I'm spending $150 to not have her for 3 weeks, just to have a paint job that I can do myself for $20 in a couple of hours!!

I guess if your not capable thats a good option, however I like to think I'm pretty handy. We will see...I will def post pics.

M
    Is that how much it is and how long you have to be with out your BB?

I couldn't do it either, but after seeing Hova's white Curve, I am thinking of getting a second set of Curve cases from cnn.cn and painting it myself.

Luigi
    06-17-08 05:30 PM
    So I went and looked at paint colors....I didn't see any I like! I'm starting to remember why I picked a white phone in the first place....

M
    06-18-08 12:05 PM
    a little bit of noob advice... dont forget to "rough up" the surface a bit before painting (another reason to use a spare case)... paint doesnt like to stick to shiny/smooth surfaces.. and a little primer goes a long way...
    06-18-08 12:14 PM
    Sorry you can not match the paint job that colorware does no way not without a spray booth.
    06-18-08 12:14 PM
    Maybe check out Decalgirl.com, they are skins like BSE that are colors and graphics, they have a lot of options and they are removable.
    06-18-08 01:32 PM
    Although this is the first time Ive heard of this from anyone else(all my friends thought I was wierd) I painted my samsung phone about 6 years ago when I worked in a body shop. The front part was a blue pearl color and the battery/cover was a gray metallic that matched my old 911 I had at the time. I didnt realize anyone else had done this but, I can tell you automotive paint is extremely durable and they have some adhesive promoters that are designed for plastic. The 2k Clear coats are more durable and have better clarity by miles than anything that anyone could have spray canned. I havent thought about doing that in a while but, now that I know I 'm not crazy I might try it again.
    06-18-08 01:59 PM
    Although this is the first time Ive heard of this from anyone else(all my friends thought I was wierd) I painted my samsung phone about 6 years ago when I worked in a body shop. The front part was a blue pearl color and the battery/cover was a gray metallic that matched my old 911 I had at the time. I didnt realize anyone else had done this but, I can tell you automotive paint is extremely durable and they have some adhesive promoters that are designed for plastic. The 2k Clear coats are more durable and have better clarity by miles than anything that anyone could have spray canned. I havent thought about doing that in a while but, now that I know I 'm not crazy I might try it again.
    So your telling me that all I have to do is find some guy who works in a paint shop....flirt a little...and have him paint it? Car paint? Hmm.....
    06-20-08 10:52 AM
    Yeah your cute enough just walk and talk to the painter. I am sure he will do it.
    06-20-08 10:57 AM
    haha... go flirt with a guy at the body shop... haha

As stated before... I would get a new housing from cnn.cn to use!! That way you can experiment, and play around with what you want it to look like before you rip apart your Pearl and mess it up, resulting in a Berry you hate!!

Get a new housing, use some fine grain sanding paper so that paint will adhere better... use a primer, a color and then a clear coat?? Seems like it would turn out nice... add some artsy fartsy touhes too it... some decals... haha.

It will be under $50 for sure... and not $150 lik ColorWare... and all from the comfort of home. You don't even have to part with your Berry!
    06-20-08 11:02 AM
    Yeah your cute enough just walk and talk to the painter. I am sure he will do it.
    HA! Well I dont know if its that easy. I'm sure if I think real hard I know someone who knows someone.....
    06-20-08 11:03 AM
    I didnt read all in the thread so this may be repetative, but if u scroll in this forum to prolly 2nd or 3rd page you'll see a post my Brooke55 or something about how she did her Curve, excellent walkthrough in my opinion and i personally think colorware is a waste of money, their method probably varies from pizza box to work bench. check it out.
    06-20-08 11:18 AM
    ha you guys are encouraging her to fool us...we tell women we can easily be manipulated by these things and we get all bent up when it happens to us! my goodness.
    06-20-08 11:20 AM
    ha you guys are encouraging her to fool us...we tell women we can easily be manipulated by these things and we get all bent up when it happens to us! my goodness.
    Dont worry sweetheart, I'm not one of "those" kind of females. I'd at least let the poor schmuck take me out to dinner....at a nice resturant....spend some money on me....and THEN never call. SHEESH.

OK really I was kidding there.

M
    06-20-08 11:28 AM
    Dont worry sweetheart, I'm not one of "those" kind of females. I'd at least let the poor schmuck take me out to dinner....at a nice resturant....spend some money on me....and THEN never call. SHEESH.

OK really I was kidding there.

M
    I suppose it happens to the foolish. that's why its just easier to stay broke. That's my gameplan anyway
    06-20-08 11:31 AM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD