Hi,

Just upgraded the new OS version 5.0.0586 (Platform 5.1.0.146) on my BB 9700..

I cant use (*) and (green call button) to key lock my phone..I have to press the button on top...!! And my owner info is not appearing also..!! All I see is blank screen when i key lock my BB....

Really feel like crying...!! coz i used to see my "Lawrence ♡♥ Samantha"...

Now no more dy....!! pls help...!!
    07-16-10 08:33 AM
    The lock functionality has changed in the new OS versions.

You need to use the Password Lock to get that functionality now.

The Password Lock can be envoked by using the Lock Icon on the screen or by pressing the "k" key.

Note that the Lock Button on top now only locks the keypad.
    07-16-10 08:36 AM
    Ya...realised that...dun dare to use password lock coz my info wipes off once coz wrong password...sigh!! but u cant see owner info now rite..??
    07-16-10 08:44 AM
    Ya...realised that...dun dare to use password lock coz my info wipes off once coz wrong password...sigh!! but u cant see owner info now rite..??
    Huh?
    07-16-10 08:49 AM
    Ya...all info wiped off not because i forgotten the password...but..the alphabet i key-in suddenly change and i was so stupid that i ask adjust it to 3 attempts...sigh~~~

Anyway, any idea how to show my owner info..??
    07-16-10 08:59 AM
    Ya...all info wiped off not because i forgotten the password...but..the alphabet i key-in suddenly change and i was so stupid that i ask adjust it to 3 attempts...sigh~~~

07-16-10 08:59 AM

Please try to use real words when posting so that people don't have to decipher what you are saying in order to help.

One more time. The functionality has changed. If you want the owner information to show up, you MUST use the password lock.

There's no way around it. Otherwise, you should downgrade your OS to the previous version.
    07-16-10 09:15 AM
    One other way - would be to create a wallpaper for the home screen that has a text message display of owner either written over your choice of picture or entirely a "picture of text"
    07-16-10 11:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD